DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so heart broken about this case.
As well as furiously angry.
<modsnip>

I've seen speculation that immigration status affected people's sharing info with authorities, but must have missed the MSM stating that he was here illegally. Can you re-post the link? TIA.

I've seen speculation that immigration status affected people's sharing info with authorities, but must have missed the MSM stating that he was here illegally. Can you re-post the link? TIA.

It states in the criminal complaint that he was originally being held because he was here illegally.

I'm starting to think that maybe JG is smarter (not by much though) than we think. IMO it is possible that he left his phone in a safe location in Yee Haw Junction and took off with Diana to a totally different location to do whatever he did to her. I'm thinking this way because if he intended to take her life from the beginning, why would he spend hrs. doing what he did to her in that specific location. I think he would want to put her there and get away quickly especially if she was no longer alive in the area of Yee Haw Junction. He wouldn't be able to get far with a live child in that kind of terrain (the kind of terrain they were searching in I mean). ETA-I think LE is searching in so many locations because they know the phone was in Yee Haw Junction, but JG wasn't all that time. Also think it was possible he was visiting someone where the phone was found discarded, but he lost it accidently. I think if he truly wanted to get rid of it forever, he would of placed the phone in the area where LE is searching in Yee Haw Junction.

I'm wondering too. The remoteness of the YJ area and others they've searched does work in his favor, including the few cell towers and the environment. One way or the other, he knew his phone was in the YJ area for hours, hence the alibi. I'm curious if his brother could or tried to collaborate any of it. JG may have considered faking car problems as a cover should someone come along and asked what he was doing at any location and morphed it into a quick alibi. Maybe he did get stuck in the sand and needed his brother's or someone else's help. There may also be a long-abandoned home or cabin back in the shrub/woods in that area or others they're searching. I do think it's more likely he accidentally lost the phone in Orlando. Visiting someone in the complex makes sense too. It's a lousy spot to choose to get rid of evidence. The situation is one nightmare after another.

Immigration status and language barriers. Several people have called Diana's parents with info rather than going directly to LE, such as the guy who offered JG shelter in Orlando. He needed a translator to speak with a reporter.

Item 9 of the criminal complaint mentions his "lack of lawful immigration status in the United States."

As much as I hate to say it, I really hope he is just a lone pervert and she was his only target. I still can't shake the feeling that it is bigger. And every time I look at one thing, more very obvious (not the obscure seven degrees of separation thing) connections come up. Clearly, he is a pervert. That's not even a question. But, IF this is bigger than just him, then it will not only be bad for our sweet Diana, but also many others. I am very anxious for the police to decide they know what happened and who is involved and Diana be found. Of course, I want her alive and well, but she needs to be found regardless.

I really hate to type this but as horrible as it would be, especially since she is expecting anytime, I bet Diana's mother would be able to identify the article of clothing on the child *advertiser censored* photos.

I understand what you're saying (and agree). However, there might be a more delicate way for LE to approach it. For example, IIRC at least one of the photos was time stamped in Dec 2015. If that's correct, then it's possible (it pains me to type this) that the undies depicted in the photo (if indeed it was Diana in the photo) might still be in Diana's dresser. Perhaps LE could ask Mom if there are any similar undies in the house. Surely Mom must have a good idea of what her precious daughter endured, but such an approach would avoid Mom from viewing the vile photos. Just my opinion.... (I need a shower now...:puke: )

Immigration status and language barriers. Several people have called Diana's parents with info rather than going directly to LE, such as the guy who offered JG shelter in Orlando. He needed a translator to speak with a reporter.

Item 9 of the criminal complaint mentions his "lack of lawful immigration status in the United States."

In my perfect world, LE would send the message to the community that: We'd like to hear from you. Even about the slightest suspicion. If you're here illegally, we will not pursue that as long as there are no felony warrants out for you. (Can LE legally say this?). We want to find Diana...we are NOT looking to deport illegal or undocumented immigrants. Help us help a member of your community. Help us bring a child home. Help us save the next child. (Again, this is if I was Queen of the world.)

In my perfect world, LE would send the message to the community that: We'd like to hear from you. Even about the slightest suspicion. If you're here illegally, we will not pursue that as long as there are no felony warrants out for you. (Can LE legally say this?). We want to find Diana...we are NOT looking to deport illegal or undocumented immigrants. Help us help a member of your community. Help us bring a child home. Help us save the next child. (Again, this is if I was Queen of the world.)

Local and State police cannot arrest for lack of immigration docs due to it being a federal crime. All undocumented immigrants who are arrested and booked into the jail for the commission of a crime are referred to Immigrations and Customs enforcement for deportation hearings.

-Nin

Local and State police cannot arrest for lack of immigration docs due to it being a federal crime. All undocumented immigrants who are arrested and booked into the jail for the commission of a crime are referred to Immigrations and Customs enforcement for deportation hearings.

-Nin

Thanks, Nin. I wonder whether the locals know this, or whether they fear being turned over to the Feds after the reported what they know... Just speculating.

As much as I hate to say it, I really hope he is just a lone pervert and she was his only target. I still can't shake the feeling that it is bigger. And every time I look at one thing, more very obvious (not the obscure seven degrees of separation thing) connections come up. Clearly, he is a pervert. That's not even a question. But, IF this is bigger than just him, then it will not only be bad for our sweet Diana, but also many others. I am very anxious for the police to decide they know what happened and who is involved and Diana be found. Of course, I want her alive and well, but she needs to be found regardless.

I feel exactly the same way. On the surface he appears to be a lone pervert, but still, there is something. Things that make you go hmmmmnn. :thinking:

I'm still skeptical about how the man "found" the phone in a ditch. I think Jorge protected the phone and hid it with plans to retrieve it later. When he went to retrieve it, it was gone and that is why he called it, trying to locate it.
Exactly

Some sheriff's departments in Florida had agreed to stop holding people in jail when there's a federal detainer request out on them. The ACLU says the number was "at least 30" in January:

The 30 counties identified in the report are: Alachua County; Bradford County; Brevard County; Broward County; Charlotte County; Clay County; Flagler County; Gulf County; Hendry County; Hernando County; Highlands County; Hillsborough County; Indian River County; Lee County; Leon County; Levy County; Manatee County; Martin County; Miami-Dade County; Osceola County; Palm Beach County; Pasco County; Pinellas County; Polk County; Santa Rosa County; Sarasota County; Seminole County; St. Lucie County; Volusia County; and Washington County.​

&#8220;Not only does a county open itself up to legal liability for holding someone in a jail cell without a judicial warrant while a federal agency mulls whether or not it is going to take action, but it makes communities less safe when people in the community view police as being involved in the deportation business. Since trust and cooperation from the community is so important in protecting public safety, these localities have enacted policies to foster this trust and prioritize their resources on local public safety needs &#8211; not enforcing unfunded and unconstitutional federal requests.&#8221;​

No Okeechobee County, where JG's family is, though. (The bill the article is referring to that would've forced LE's hand died in committee in March.) It's probably not reassuring to undocumented immigrants that JG was initially detained due to his immigration status or that there's obvious federal involvement. I checked the Spanish language version of the Miami Herald and they only had a couple of brief articles, ending with call 911. My Spanish is far too rusty to try listening to radio. I bet we do find out that many people have tried to help while avoiding the media.

ETA: In the map below, blue is where the sheriffs aren't getting involved in (most) immigration matters.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2016-1-25-FLCounties_with_Limited_Detainers_Penalized_by_HB675-bjedits2.png
    2016-1-25-FLCounties_with_Limited_Detainers_Penalized_by_HB675-bjedits2.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 363
http://www.wesh.com/news/man-who-li...ing-girl-case-talks-with-wesh-2-news/39950094
Man who lived with person of interest in missing girl case talks with WESH 2 News

--snips

"He said he came from Ohio," said the Orlando man, who does not wish to be identified by WESH 2 News.
The man said he let Jorge Guerrero live in his home for three days.

..(pretty risky of Jorge to stay w/ strangers for 3 days w/ his pic out there on the AA).

"I found the guy Tuesday night (May 31st) around 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. He said he didn't have any ID and I asked if he had money and, if he had money, I told him, I can rent a hotel for you. He said, 'That's OK,' but when I see the guy so wet, I take him to my house and give him some clothes," the man said.
The man said Guerrero gave him a fake name and told him he was going to try to catch a ride to Miami. When that did not happen, he said, Guerrero ended up back at his house. He eventually had to kick him out.

..(so where was JG between sunday the 29th, when he claims his vehicle broke down in Yeehaw and his brother helped him get it towed--until the stranger took a wet JG in on Tuesday night, the 31st?)

..the complaint also says that according to JG, once he could no longer drive the black Malibu, he returned to Orlando in a GMC Safari.....and that belongs to ?

..he was then picked up in Okeechobee on June 3rd----how did he get there? what was he doing for money ?

So was the man who was interviewed last Saturday this guy's roommate? This one chose to remain anonymous, but the other gave his name. This one spoke in English, the other in Spanish.

Their stories differ slightly.

They each said they found JG wet and that he gave a fake name, but one said he stayed for two days, while the other said three. This one seemed apprehensive to let him stay initially, offering to get help him get a hotel room, though the other seemed happy to help out someone in need. This one said he kicked him out, the other just said he left to catch a ride to Okechobbee. And this one said he when later saw JG's photo from the Amber Alert, he called his roommate and then authorities. The other said after seeing the Amber Alert, he looked on SM for Diana's family's phone number, and called them directly.

Here is the article with video of the phone interview with the other man from last weekend:
http://www.winknews.com/2016/06/04/just-in-police-arrest-man-accused-of-abducting-diana-alvares/

It's not really. There are on- and off-ramps from the Turnpike for people traveling Hwy 60 but for most passing through on the Turnpike (a toll road), they'll stop at the Turnpike's large Fort Drum Plaza just south of YJ. The Turnpike Plaza (photos) has gas pumps and numerous fast food vendors, eg, KFC and Wendy's. There are photos of YJ here and here, it's tiny. It has a gas station and the Desert Inn. The photo is the heart of YJ, where Hwys 60 and 441 meet.

attachment.php

There is a Pilot Travel Center on SR 60, very close to 441. It's not a service plaza like Fort Drum, but it is a rest stop.

https://www.pilotflyingj.com/stores/96

So was the man who was interviewed last Saturday this guy's roommate? This one chose to remain anonymous, but the other gave his name. This one spoke in English, the other in Spanish.

Their stories differ slightly.

They each said they found JG wet and that he gave a fake name, but one said he stayed for two days, while the other said three. This one seemed apprehensive to let him stay initially, offering to get help him get a hotel room, though the other seemed happy to help out someone in need. This one said he kicked him out, the other just said he left to catch a ride to Okechobbee. And this one said he when later saw JG's photo from the Amber Alert, he called his roommate and then authorities. The other said after seeing the Amber Alert, he looked on SM for Diana's family's phone number, and called them directly.

Here is the article with video of the phone interview with the other man from last weekend:
http://www.winknews.com/2016/06/04/just-in-police-arrest-man-accused-of-abducting-diana-alvares/

And when Jorge said he stayed in Orlando with 2 roommates---- these are the guys he was referring to? I was understanding that as Jorge saying HE had 2 roommates.

Could be a matter of perception. Some say they went to the beach for 3 days. In reality, they spent 3 nights there, but were there 4 days. Maybe Jorge was there 3 days, 2 nights?

I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member