FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the reporter questions her about being questioned by the police go look at her body language. It starts at about 1:52 or so.

She is stating that it's been hard but she's trying to everything she can to find her.

She's shaking her head no. Contridiction between words and body language.

Yea...the blankie interview does not set well. hmmmmm

I respectfully disagree with it's hard for someone to beat a polygraph. I have read a lot about them and think they are total bunk. There is a reason they are not admissable in court.

I agree. My ex-husband passed one. He's serving 15 years for abusing my daughter.

Blaise

I also thought it was interesting when she said they told her "Not to talk about the poly"...don't know why, but it just stuck out.

Who is biscuit lady?

:rotfl: Sorry- That was perfect comic relief, thank-you:blowkiss:

Please someone correct me if this is wrong: "biscuit lady" is Misty's mom??

I think...i'm so confused now...

Upon listening again to the interview containing the blanket statements MC says "my blanket was in the van that they took". She seemed to emphasize the word "took". It almost sounds as if the van was repossessed from RC. That would make more sense if they once had a van. It would make sense to have a blanket in the back of a van when you have little kids riding in it. Just another thought drifting through my head today.

We do know Misty was asked to take two LDTs. I thought the first one must have been inconclusive. Maybe they came up with more questions or decided she was too upset during the first one so they wanted to compare.

OT: I am so sorry, Blaise. I hope you both are healing. Bless your hearts. :(

I know, I know, this is gonna sound weird, but she smells pee on a blanket? She didnt see a stain, but she "smelled" it? how dehydrated does a child have to be to have a urine concentration so strong, it is smelled and not seen? It is possible, and I am picking apart every detail, but smelling, instead of seeing is weird. It is like she is going out of her way to make sure everyone knows Haleigh peed, and poor Misty had to wash the blanket, and it stunk. I would try to save my child that humiliation if possible. Tell the police?yes. Tell the television station? No.

it would be so nice if we knew simple info such as if she was in school monday, what the father's exact work hours were that night (and if he left for a lunch break or not), and if the a/c repair man saw haleigh or not.

Upon listening again to the interview containing the blanket statements MC says "my blanket was in the van that they took". She seemed to emphasize the word "took". It almost sounds as if the van was repossessed from RC. That would make more sense if they once had a van. It would make sense to have a blanket in the back of a van when you have little kids riding in it. Just another thought drifting through my head today.

If it was repo'ed, wouldn't it had to have been that day....you need blankets every night right?

Thanks!

When people start inserting irrelevant information, it usually means they are hiding something, right? Why does she feel the need to go into so much detail on the blankets, but does not mention in any detail the events prior to bedtime?

Perhaps there is another reason the blanket was washed.
I agree. This interview and the blanket story doesn't sit well with me at all.

I know, I know, this is gonna sound weird, but she smells pee on a blanket? She didnt see a stain, but she "smelled" it? how dehydrated does a child have to be to have a urine concentration so strong, it is smelled and not seen? It is possible, and I am picking apart every detail, but smelling, instead of seeing is weird. It is like she is going out of her way to make sure everyone knows Haleigh peed, and poor Misty had to wash the blanket, and it stunk. I would try to save my child that humiliation if possible. Tell the police?yes. Tell the television station? No.

Especially if it had happened the night before, then it would be dry by the next night of course, and most likely not smell that much if at all..

We do know Misty was asked to take two LDTs. I thought the first one must have been inconclusive. Maybe they came up with more questions or decided she was too upset during the first one so they wanted to compare.

OT: I am so sorry, Blaise. I hope you both are healing. Bless your hearts. :(

My suspicion was that she might have been high at the time the first LDT was administered and LE isn't saying.

I go back and forth with Misty. On the one hand the she offers up too much info on some strange things and I find that suspect. But when I was little and if my mother didn't believe what I was telling her, I developed a bad habit of spewing out all kinds of stupid stuff and sound guilty as sin when I'm not. I still have that bad habit. Since Misty previously had an abusive boyfriend maybe she developed the habit of trying too hard to convince someone of the truth.

But I just don't know what I feel about Misty

That was a nice picture of the parents and Misty at the candlelight vigil. The mom leaning on the dad's shoulder.... perfectly natural. IF Misty had any jealous thoughts, then she is just too immature to realize that THEY are the parents of the little girl, and most parents will lean on each other for comfort. Nothing wrong with it.
I originally had some doubts about Misty with her different stories of where everyone slept and the closing of her eyes when she is talking, but the more I think about it, the more I realize she is barely more than a child herself, has not had an easy life, and is probably scared out of her mind right now. I'm going to give her a pass on all this odd behavior until we learn more facts. Same with Crystal and Ronald. There is nothing about either one that leads me to believe they could have done anything to harm their little girl. And I think some of the conflicting stories could be attributed to some of the reporters not checking facts before they report. Happens a lot.

I feel so bad for ALL the families at this point. And with each day that passes, it gets more difficult to hope and believe that she is alive. I wish it were not so, but sadly, it is.
Thanks to all of you who have kept us updated. I pray every day that Haleigh will be found soon. And for comfort for all who love her.

Thanks, Ceeker and Kat!

Uh oh. I see another red flag there. (I guess I missed this interview before?)

Going into the "mom" thing was TMI. Too much explanation to bolster herself and she instantly talks about how they love her...not how much she loves them.

bolded by me

I noticed this a couple days ago as well. At the time, I thought perhaps she was saying this b/c she was the gf and not the mother. A subtle jab @ the mother.

I'm going to open myself to ridicule possibly here but as I've said before I have raised 7 kids (five my own, 2 by marriage) and I learned a long time ago sometimes ya gotta do the "sniff test".

It becomes almost a habit when you put little ones to bed. Sniff the bed real quick to make sure you didn't miss pee-pee. Of course as they grow older (with my boys) I had to start sniffing various things such as their hair and skin after they *claimed* they had bathed.

Just sayin...

A little off topic, but not really...does anyone recall how long after reporting her children missing did Susan Smith confess?

If the Father wasn't involved, and Misty did do something to Haleigh and has covered it up, couldn't he have figured that out by now? I would be able to in my own partner. Maybe that's why he is calling her that name, he knows what she did, and he's chosen to stick with her because of his own guilt in not seeing it coming, I know I would beat myself up bad if my love living with me harmed one of my children. I would be blaming myself big time for not seeing the signs and flags associated with events leading up to a crime like this.

Him being more experienced in parenting, maybe he was erroneously letting her slide constantly with the children out of shear need for her baby sitting services, cooking cleaning and we know the other fringe benefits to having misty around. It's not that easy to find a young attractive girl to mother two young children from get jump street that doesn't expect him to pamper and buy for her, woe her properly as most young girls would expect early on in a new relationship.

Remember it was said Misty was homeless when she met Ron. Maybe Misty is now pregnant and he's trying to salvage whatever is left and move on. I mean, we know they were sexually active, we know Misty didn't have covered medical insurance, and if she did have medicaid in her childhood, which she probably was a medicaid baby from birth and up, didn't keep up with the paperwork and routine current status questionaires all recipients are required to maintain like every three months to keep your medicaid benefits. Thus affording birth control is my point, it's a stretch, but hey, this was a meal ticket for Misty, no doubt about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sashafari