FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that also.

US 441 doesnt go into Sumter county though :waitasec:

It runs south from Alachua (gainsville) through Marion, and then into Lake.

http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTE...9.093966&lon=-82.075148&zoom=10&q1=ocala%2Cfl

Then in the post under the post where I got the Rt. 441 reference, there's a snippit that says "Reynolds called his friend later and said the car had broken down near Marion/Lake County...."

http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10943&highlight=Haleigh+cummings

Okay- This guy(Reynolds) is supposedly in custody and they have moved search 10 miles??

Not saying for sure...but...hhmmmm

Don't you think 60 officers is an awful lot to be searching that area. I would think they would have search partys searching it.
I suspect they feel they have a good lead.

ITA, and they've been searching there for the past two days.

Just saying wouldn't you of been up & down the driveway with your car lights calling for the 5 yr old?

Seems to me they gave up the fact she was coming back real early in this case. Like instantly.......

Uh like banging on every door, making sure not ONE of my neighbors got ANY sleep I'd be calling out so loud... and I'd still be at it, maybe it's just me... JMO

:parrot:

...understand you are considering transportation via hopping a train.

FWIW, IIRC, average walking speed of a young adult is ~3.4mph. The speed varies by gender & age, etc.

As someone that spent alot of time walking rails as a kid...the remoteness of railroad right-of-ways would provide an ideal location for disposing of a body in a rural area. Walking the rail (occassionally stepping off) would mean that subsequent train traffic would eliminate the track for K9's.

Anyone local know if K9's were taken down the rail in both directions? Wouldn't have time to go far if perp had to return walking and be in a non-suspicious location by dawn/start-of-work the next morning.

Okay- This guys in custody and they have moved search 10 miles??

Not saying for sure...but...hhmmmm

I think if he was in custody it would be all over the local news here. Instead they are still saying that the authorities want to talk with him and explaining that he has been missing for two weeks.

I wonder if someone's phone pinged there? Do we know where the field is in relation to other related landmarks, like Haleigh's home, school, dad's work....

Don't you think 60 officers is an awful lot to be searching that area. I would think they would have search partys searching it.
I suspect they feel they have a good lead.

i would think they would have to have a very good reason to be thoroughly searching a field ten miles from where she was last seen.........

ITA, and they've been searching there for the past two days.

I was shocked when the news showed the amount of police cars there. If it is truly 10 miles from the house then they have got to have good reason for all this.

everything you said, I agree with. I'm not a parent. My parents would have done basically as you but perhaps not with the same velocity. But I was born in 1952 and grew up in an entirely different common social setting, i.e. not a whole bunch of what commonly happens today happened back then. I was blessed because of that. Seems to me with all that goes on today many if not most children may learn/feel they should live in fear/apprehension of *bad* things happening to them, I did not have to live that way as a child.

You were blessed because CHILD MOLESTORS were not treated with kid gloves, they did NOT have "rights", and they were not let out of prison. CHILD MOLESTORS were not found homes by social workers and placed in areas where little children lived.

I've heard it said some would rather 6, 10, or how many other guilty parties should go free before one innocent man is executed. Sounds good in theory; however, the guilty who go free kill and molest again, and again, and maybe again, before they are caught. I would rather ONE innocent lose his life before a MOLESTOR goes free to kill again and again.

I was shocked when the news showed the amount of police cars there. If it is truly 10 miles from the house then they have got to have good reason for all this.

Cell phone pings? Does anyone know the route dad takes home from work??

What's so interesting about this area?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=131452&catid=17

The search for Haleigh Cummings has moved to a grassy area less than ten miles from the home from where she vanished one week ago.
More than sixty law enforcement officers from a number of different agencies are combing a field off Highway 17 south of Haleigh's home.
Locals tell First Coast News the investigators have been in that area for the past two days.

Rc previously lived in Lake Como, 9.5 miles from Green Lane

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...CgCw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

I wonder if someone's phone pinged there? Do we know where the field is in relation to other related landmarks, like Haleigh's home, school, dad's work....

I was thinking the same thing....they must have a ping there. I am sure they have all the pings from all the phones by now.

i would be hysterical. I would be terrified that the child was missing, terrified someone was in the house, terrified to leave the other child alone in a room with the back door wide open. Definitely would call 911 asap because of the missing child and also to protect the remaining child.

Misty continues to refer to Haleigh as "That girl", "Your daughter", "That little girl", and so on.... bugs me - seems she is distancing herself emotionally. Especially since she said the kids thought of her as their mother. odd. Yet there was no initial instinct to protect the boy and get him out of the house or call 911 immediately.

(bold mine) Now THAT's what I'M talking about! (I was gonna say hysterical too, and very worried for other children, maybe even need a sedative, but not so hysterical I couldn't stay focused on finding my missing child.) Wth, maybe it's her age? Only knew Haleigh and Jr. for 16 weeks, too... JMO

:parrot:

I think if he was in custody it would be all over the local news here. Instead they are still saying that the authorities want to talk with him and explaining that he has been missing for two weeks.

thanks pirate, must have read it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member