GUILTY FL - Astronaut Lisa Nowak arrested in kidnap attempt, 5 Feb 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
reb said:
(and why does everyone keep calling him 'billy-O'...?)
His name is William O. with a last name that's hard to spell...

Smurf said:
Oh yeah, her sister commented about her losing friends in the Columbia tragedy and maybe that affected her mentally somehow...
Yep, the defense spin has started. Lisa's detailed plan about confronting her rival had nothing to do with losing her friends in the Columbia tragedy. I believe that she was actually on some team that helped the families come to terms with their loss.

I haven't read the latest posts. However, I heard today that Lisa was responsible for Bill's marriage falling apart. Real nice, lady.

I see her as being extremely selfish, not caring about anyone except herself and her own happiness.

Originally Posted by Dalilah
No. It is not. And, I am personally offended by this statement.

<Same here.>

OK guys.. why, exactly....???
geez, it's not like i insulted islam or something.

reb, in answer to an earlier post, she used diapers because she as an astronaut she was used to wearing them. They have to wear them upon launch and re-entry.

oh, OK. i guess that makes sense.... i think!?

reb said:
oh, OK. i guess that makes sense.... i think!?
Hey, I like your points of view usually, and I'll respond to them friend. I'm a rebel too, love David Bowie's song "Rebel, Rebel"!:blowkiss:

can i ask why this lady is being accused of attempted kidnapping? which is not the same as attempted murder, last time i checked?

SewingDeb said:
According to this Charging Affadavit, she is being charged with attempted homocide:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0206073astronut4.html
Somehow, I think the charges will be reduced, this case will be plead down from there, never go to court, and the time, that LIsa serves, will be in a mental care facility.

Other than having the right stuff (rope/knife/bags/mallet), Lisa never came close to "murdering, or attempting to murder," Colleen Shipman. Hard to convict her of murder, or intent to murder, without a body. or someone close to being a body. Pepper spray/Mace, whatever she used, isn't considered a deadly weapon. Stalking/assault are valid charges, and maybe they can throw a few others in, but I can't see attempted murder. IMO

I do see it as attempted murder (why bring all the weapons and go to such lengths to get to her and why the disguise, etc.?) but you are probably right that this case will be plead down from attempted murder to lesser charges.

<Other than having the right stuff> buzz, you're killin' me-- LOL!

she did have a knife. but still, stalking someone with a knife isn't necessarily attempted murder, correct? AM is only if you assault the person, or have a contract out on their life? am i right? i find it difficult to believe that a woman who did this would be charged with 'AM' but there are millions of men all over the world bashing their wives & girlfriends to pieces.. while the cops say 'sorry, ma'am, we can't do anything til he actually kills you.' oh, right- and THAT'S not ATTEMPTED MURDER? so if this woman is charged as such, then i want to see some serious changes regarding what i just said.

reb said:
<Other than having the right stuff> buzz, you're killin' me-- LOL!

she did have a knife. but still, stalking someone with a knife isn't necessarily attempted murder, correct? AM is only if you assault the person, or have a contract out on their life? am i right? i find it difficult to believe that a woman who did this would be charged with 'AM' but there are millions of men all over the world bashing their wives & girlfriends to pieces.. while the cops say 'sorry, ma'am, we can't do anything til he actually kills you.' oh, right- and THAT'S not ATTEMPTED MURDER? so if this woman is charged as such, then i want to see some serious changes regarding what i just said.

Reb, are they still saying that to women in the US? I thought we had gotten a little further down the road than that.

What was the pepper spray attack about? Just funnin'?

well.. i hope so. it sure was like that for long enough here.. but certainly the rest of the world needs to catch up.

pepper spray is extremely harmful- but if you spray someone, is that really considered attempted murder?

reb said:
well.. i hope so. it sure was like that for long enough here.. but certainly the rest of the world needs to catch up.

pepper spray is extremely harmful- but if you spray someone, is that really considered attempted murder?
I can see it being called battery.

Someone close to me walked in on her longtime boyfriend with another woman recently. She proceeded to tell him off, warn the woman about him, then grabbed a bottle of KY liquid sitting there and squirted both of them with it :)waitasec: :blushing: ). The police came and informed her she could be charged with battery for doing that. :silenced:No one was hurt, by the way. I always thought battery was something a little different I guess. :confused:

oh my god.. that is the funniest and trashiest thing i have heard in years! thanks for that story..... :D

reb said:

The fact that pepper spray can disable, the fact that she had FOUR FEET of rubber tubing, (Hello? Enough to tie up someone?!) plus TWO weapons? (A mallet and a buck knife.) Yes, if she had managed to abduct Colleen I think she would have murdered her, in a particularily brutal and tortureous way. A person can be charged with attempted homocide if they are stopped on the way to committing the crime. (And they can prove she was stalking Colleen, the disguise backs this up.) So, it is proper that she is stopped after her failed attempt to commit the crime, with the murder kit in her possession. Ask yourself this: If Lisa had been a male who was caught with that stuff trying to abduct someone, would you be glad they were in jail and being charged with the most serious crime possible? If the answer to that is yes, why is it different with a very fit, very intelligent female? Do you think she's not as dangerous somehow? (Leaving out the idea that either a male or female who does such things isn't especially stable mentally.)

ETA: If Lisa ends up having a tumor(s) that could explain this change of behaviour, that changes things. Same if the theoretical male had tumors. IOW, unless it can be proven somehow that Lisa really couldn't help it, and her actions were due to being out of her mind, I am glad she's facing charges. I'd want the male charged too.

reb said:
oh my god.. that is the funniest and trashiest thing i have heard in years! thanks for that story..... :D
Sure, happy to oblige. :) It would be pretty embarrassing if it made it to court!

I can see it now:

"Your honor, the defendent is accused of squirting KY liquid on her boyfriend and this woman..." :eek: :waitasec: :snooty: :blushing: :rolleyes:

Reb,
You are so right that the rest of the world needs to catch up.

I think if you look at the list of items she had with her when the pepper spray was used, you will see that she planned to do a lot more than spray her.

IdahoMom said:
Sure, happy to oblige. :) It would be pretty embarrassing if it made it to court!

I can see it now:

"Your honor, the defendent is accused of squirting KY liquid on her boyfriend and this woman..." :eek: :waitasec: :snooty: :blushing: :rolleyes:

ROTFL! I can just see that! The jury would probably be thinking they would have done a lot more than that!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back