FL FL - Austin Stephanos & Perry Cohen, both 14, Jupiter, 24 July 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
met with foul play? we have a lot of problems in FL but pirates are not one of them

So sad to see the fa
milies arguing like this though

Well, I finished reading the investigation report. I see absolutely nothing in there to support the notion that the boys were kidnapped. It was a tragic boating accident.

I do understand know why there was so much confusion about where the boys were going and whether or not they were allowed to go offshore on their own.

Perry's dad (or step-dad, I forget which) says that Perry wasn't allowed to go offshore without an adult on board, and that rule was re-confirmed with Austin when Austin's boat was purchased. But Austin's mother says he was allowed to go offshore, just not "way offshore," and Austin's grandfather says that Austin's mother set the limits for where Austin was allowed to go in the boat, but that he (Austin's grandfather) "didn't think there was any."

They told Austin's grandmother that morning that they were going fishing for dolphin -- which you do offshore, not inshore. And they had apparently been fishing offshore the day before, as well. So there may or may not have been any sort of rule about going offshore, and if there was, it appears that it was largely ignored by everybody.

They told some people they were going fishing offshore, and they texted/SnapChatted some friends that they were "Bahamas bound." They told at least one friend they were going "far out" offshore. Probably just boys talking tough, but it does explain the confusion about whether they might have been heading to the Bahamas.

But I saw absolutely nothing anywhere in the entire report to suggest they met with any foul play. They were victims of foul weather, but not foul play.

Well, I finished reading the investigation report. I see absolutely nothing in there to support the notion that the boys were kidnapped. It was a tragic boating accident.

I do understand know why there was so much confusion about where the boys were going and whether or not they were allowed to go offshore on their own.

Perry's dad (or step-dad, I forget which) says that Perry wasn't allowed to go offshore without an adult on board, and that rule was re-confirmed with Austin when Austin's boat was purchased. But Austin's mother says he was allowed to go offshore, just not "way offshore," and Austin's grandfather says that Austin's mother set the limits for where Austin was allowed to go in the boat, but that he (Austin's grandfather) "didn't think there was any."

They told Austin's grandmother that morning that they were going fishing for dolphin -- which you do offshore, not inshore. And they had apparently been fishing offshore the day before, as well. So there may or may not have been any sort of rule about going offshore, and if there was, it appears that it was largely ignored by everybody.

They told some people they were going fishing offshore, and they texted/SnapChatted some friends that they were "Bahamas bound." They told at least one friend they were going "far out" offshore. Probably just boys talking tough, but it does explain the confusion about whether they might have been heading to the Bahamas.

But I saw absolutely nothing anywhere in the entire report to suggest they met with any foul play. They were victims of foul weather, but not foul play.

I agree, I feel like the difference in who was allowed to go where on the boat is now a case of mothers guilt. Perhaps I am wrong, but I can't help but wonder if Perry didn't have "rules" exactly about where he could go fishing. But then again they could have had rules, and the boys decided they didn't want to follow them as teenagers tend to do.

I haven't really been one for conspiracy theories, and it never made sense that they were or would have been kidnapped IMO. I know they exist and grandpa making the claim at one point definitely fueled the fire.

However, as sad as it is, I agree that these boys lost their lives to the ocean that day because of a storm. I suppose there always a small chance they are alone on some small island living life as island boys [emoji16] but I doubt that. MOO

My most sincere hope in all of this, is that these two families realize they are in such a unique situation. They really should be using each other as rocks and for support, however grief is such an unpredictable beast and we all grieve in our own ways.

You can give the kids all the rule you want, but when you allow them to go out on a boat without adult supervision the ocean is theirs.

I was once 10 miles out in the Gulf, and we seen 2 teenage boys in a small john boat. At 10 miles, you get swells in the water. It was a dangerous distance for a small boat to be out in.

I get it though. I remember at that age having male friends who were always out boating without adults. They went where ever they wanted because nobody was around to tell them otherwise.

You can give the kids all the rule you want, but when you allow them to go out on a boat without adult supervision the ocean is theirs.

I was once 10 miles out in the Gulf, and we seen 2 teenage boys in a small john boat. At 10 miles, you get swells in the water. It was a dangerous distance for a small boat to be out in.

I get it though. I remember at that age having male friends who were always out boating without adults. They went where ever they wanted because nobody was around to tell them otherwise.

Oh yes without a doubt, same thing goes with cars etc. teens in general will always push their boundaries. It's just life, however, I just don't get the impression either of these boys had set "boundaries". MOO.

Oh yes without a doubt, same thing goes with cars etc. teens in general will always push their boundaries. It's just life, however, I just don't get the impression either of these boys had set "boundaries". MOO.

Yup!! As my Mom would say..."Get out of my hair!"

Ok, so I called att (our cell provider) out of curiosity and ask the csr if they could send a detailed bill this month. She said sure, it would include dates and times data, texts and calls were made. Ok, I can honestly pull it online. But then I ask her, "what about location?" Are you able to do that? She told me surprisingly she would include a copy of that with my bill! No kidding, we will see if I get one, I had no idea it exists.

But my point is this, IF they truly send this to me, the families should have been able to obtain this long ago WITHOUT a warrant. All of that to say we will see, if I get it, but it would definitely give very close times to where they were and help fill in gaps in the timeline.

Is this like a money and resources thing? Like one family wealthier than the other? Who owned the boat??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This case has me wondering if the kids did die with the weather or if they were taken. Just don't feel a dead vibe with them, I have no proof, just my thoughts.

Pilot may have spotted one of 2 missing teen fishermen days after disappearance

1461943002366.jpg

Bobby Smith, 63, believes he saw either Austin Stephanos or Perry Cohen with hands raised when his Piper Warrior flew over debris east of St. Marys, Ga., on July 26.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/2...-teen-fishermen-days-after-disappearance.html

I've never heard of anyone turning off a battery switch to "ride out the storm." But I can imagine they might have had some sort of engine trouble, and turned the battery switch off while working on the engine. During the time that the boat is disabled and they're working on the engine, the boat turns broadside to the waves and gets capsized. That's when a boat is most likely to be capsized, is when it's broadside to the waves.

Certified landlubber here, but....

A source I read said the battery also powered the bilge pump. Therefore, turning the battery off and using it only when absolutely needed would allow the pump to be used longer and thus allow more excess water brought in by swells to be pumped out. The source said it was the right thing to do given the circumstances.

The boys were not taken. The parents are just claiming they are, to make a big mystery out of it, and keep the case in the news. It's just a way to blame everyone but themselves and their boys for what happened.

The boys were not taken. The parents are just claiming they are, to make a big mystery out of it, and keep the case in the news. It's just a way to blame everyone but themselves and their boys for what happened.

Agreed! There are always missing boaters. What make this case stay in the news is that it's minors who are missing and the Go-Fund Me donations allowed for private boats and planes to continue looking long after the Coast Guard stopped.

Agreed! There are always missing boaters. What make this case stay in the news is that it's minors who are missing and the Go-Fund Me donations allowed for private boats and planes to continue looking long after the Coast Guard stopped.

Yep, and the reason why it is still in the news nine months later is because people think it's some sort of mystery. They were two young boys on a small boat in the ocean during a storm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back