Identified! FL - Big Coppitt Key, 'Valentine Jane Doe' 49UFFL, 16-25, Feb'91 - Wanda Deann Kirkum *killer died*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tavia grew up in Florida. Then she vanished. Possibly with a boyfriend so it's possible she gave birth in the meantime. Her eyes and nose look similar to JD. What stroke me as odd would be the clothing. Why would a Florida native wear those clothes? I wonder if they have been compared through DNA.

I've submitted Tavia Bailey to the Namus case managers twice, without a reply. This was a couple of years ago. I don't believe she was ever added to the rule-out list so I can't say if she has been compared.

From memory, Tavia has DNA in UNT. We submitted her for a few Jane Does 5+ years ago. She would have hit already.

From memory, Tavia has DNA in UNT. We submitted her for a few Jane Does 5+ years ago. She would have hit already.

Huh, maybe we should have an 'unofficial' exclusion list... or at least "they've been submitted several times, its been years, chances are it wasn't a match" list

Huh, maybe we should have an 'unofficial' exclusion list... or at least "they've been submitted several times, its been years, chances are it wasn't a match" list

If the MP is in NamUs then it's not a match because it would have hit at some point. It's rare that an MP doesn't have DNA in NamUs.

NamUs won't list every MP they've been compared to.

Last edited:
Sorry if this one has been ruled out before but I haven’t found anything ...... Tammy Dawn Risenhoover. Last contact was when she was 19 in 1984 but wasn’t reported missing until 90 or 91. They look very similar to me.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Another thing is in March 1991 an infant was found on Big Coppitt key deceased. If she was anemic and looked like she had a child could maybe they could be related? The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Curious to see what you guys think re a resemblance between Valentine Doe and Cassandra Ann Lalonde! I just submitted this tip to law enforcement on both sides, and NamUs.

Hi, I’ve been investigating the identify of "Valentine Doe" (found in 1991, NamUs 6182, agency case #K9102311, 49UFFL), and I was wondering if Cassandra Ann Lalonde (missing in 1988, 3848DFLA - Cassandra Ann Lalonde , NamUs 25127) has been pursued as her potential identity. Several strong similarities stood out for me:

Cassandra Lalonde went missing (left with a man) from Louisiana in 1988, and Valentine Doe was found in 1991 in Florida.

Cassandra would have been 18 (almost 19) when Valentine Doe was found (estimated at 14-25 years old).

Cassandra was 5’3”, 130 pounds when missing in 1988, age 15 (almost 16). Valentine Doe was estimated at 5’4”-5’7”, 130-145 lbs. Both had brown hair and brown (or green-brown) eyes.

The pictures really look very similar to me - what really struck me was this comparison between the age-progressed picture of Cassandra (from https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/573223858798514922/ ) :
Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 12.02.48 AM.png

Compared to the recreation of Valentine Doe (from List of unidentified murder victims in Florida | Wikiwand ):
Valentine_Doe_1993_Comp.jpg
Side by side:
Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 12.10.41 AM.png Valentine_Doe_1993_Comp.jpg

DNA is listed as being “available” for Cassandra.

Contact info for Cassandra Lalonde’s investigation is listed as (from 3848DFLA - Cassandra Ann Lalonde ):
Investigating Agency(s) for Cassandra Lalonde:
Agency Name: Westwego Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Lieutenant Eric Orlando
Agency Phone Number: (504) 227-1400
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: F-08323-14
NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 25127

Let me know what you think, and if this potential match has been investigated / ruled out yet. The matching physical and age descriptions, especially the age-progressed picture of Cassandra compared to the Valentine Doe recreation in particular I thought were compelling. As was the right geographical location ("missing from Louisiana" if she was indeed found in Florida) and the right time frame (ran away in 1988 and found in 1991).

Thanks so much!

Going on the theory that our UID was not local to FL and possibly even foreign to the US, what do you all think about Christina Hermert, missing from Germany since 1990?

The Doe Network: Case File 1062DFDEU

Physically, her facial structure looks promising, especially when compared to the actual autopsy photos. Nose, lips, eyes, jaw line.

• She would have been 25 at the time (upper range of UID age) MATCH
  • Hair color/length (although Christina's is listed as curly - maybe she curled it? Maybe the humidity?) MATCH-ish
  • Height 5'4" MATCH
  • No eye color listed on MP
  • No weight listed on MP aside for "slim" which is subjective.
  • No tattoos or real identifiers listed
  • Shoe size is listed at 6, UID was wearing 6 1/2 ... I know I am the same size and can wear both.
  • She does have two children.
  • The circumstances are not super detailed but it's known she was separated from her husband but still living with him. She had started working to try to gain sole custody of the kids. Nothing points to why she would end up in FL but maybe she decided to sneak off to America to establish herself and had plans to return for the kids? It's a reach for sure
Just going off the two earlier posters who were close to the case and reported that investigators believed her to be from outside of the US.

Thoughts? @hec60504 @SpanishMossAntiques

Attachments

• 1062DFDEU (1).jpg
    1062DFDEU (1).jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Going on the theory that our UID was not local to FL and possibly even foreign to the US, what do you all think about Christina Hermert, missing from Germany since 1990?

Physically, her facial structure looks promising, especially when compared to the actual autopsy photos. Nose, lips, eyes, jaw line.

• Hair color/length (although Christina's is listed as curly - maybe she curled it? Maybe the humidity?) MATCH-ish
  • Height 5'4" MATCH
  • Shoe size is listed at 6, UID was wearing 6 1/2 ... I know I am the same size and can wear both.
  • The circumstances are not super detailed but it's known she was separated from her husband but still living with him. She had started working to try to gain sole custody of the kids. Nothing points to why she would end up in FL but maybe she decided to sneak off to America to establish herself and had plans to return for the kids? It's a reach for sure
Just going off the two earlier posters who were close to the case and reported that investigators believed her to be from outside of the US.

I see a strong resemblance. Looks promising!

• Height 5'4" MATCH

This is a very good comparison. The fact that no tattoos are listed could mean that she hid them (If she is Doe) or that they weren't noted because they were poke tattoos.

I don't think mine would remember immediately either. Out of sight out of mind.

Exactly. I'm not even sure my husband remembers I have one, LOL.
Elizabeth LaMotte had a tattoo, but there was no mention of one when they found her remains. IIRC, her body was found shortly after death, so it should have been visible. Somehow, it got omitted from her NamUs UID profile or case file, it wasn't mentioned anywhere for her remains, but it was mentioned in her MP case.

So long shot here but what about this girl? I know she’s above the age limit, but that’s happened before. She’s also heavier than the listed weight, but with the time lapse and the anemia it is possible. I tried to imagine her face loosing weight and couldn’t do it but it’s possible. Here’s why I’m suggesting her:
Last known location: Florida even though she was from CA
Pregnant: had 2 children prior
Tattoos: listed as a tattoo on right shoulder, UID is left. Could Charlenes be wrong? She wasn’t reported missing for 2 years.
Dentals: she doesn’t have any on file.
Her mom was searching for her like crazy a few years back on Facebook still. Again, I know it’s a long shot and I do believe she was From out of town because of her clothes. It’s possible she dressed warm because she was on the run and was heading north? Idk. I also think our UID is towards the younger age frame based on the reconstructions, but again you never know. Let me know what you think.

So long shot here but what about this girl? I know she’s above the age limit, but that’s happened before. She’s also heavier than the listed weight, but with the time lapse and the anemia it is possible. I tried to imagine her face loosing weight and couldn’t do it but it’s possible. Here’s why I’m suggesting her:
Tattoos: listed as a tattoo on right shoulder, UID is left. Could Charlenes be wrong? She wasn’t reported missing for 2 years.
Her mom was searching for her like crazy a few years back on Facebook still. Again, I know it’s a long shot and I do believe she was From out of town because of her clothes. It’s possible she dressed warm because she was on the run and was heading north? Idk. I also think our UID is towards the younger age frame based on the reconstructions, but again you never know. Let me know what you think.
Charlene Elaine Barrios
  • charlene_elaine_barrios_1.jpg
  • charlene_elaine_barrios_2.jpg
Barrios, circa 1988

I think this looks good!

Curious to see what you guys think re a resemblance between Valentine Doe and Cassandra Ann Lalonde! I just submitted this tip to law enforcement on both sides, and NamUs.

Hi, I’ve been investigating the identify of "Valentine Doe" (found in 1991, NamUs 6182, agency case #K9102311, 49UFFL), and I was wondering if Cassandra Ann Lalonde (missing in 1988, 3848DFLA - Cassandra Ann Lalonde , NamUs 25127) has been pursued as her potential identity. Several strong similarities stood out for me:

Cassandra Lalonde went missing (left with a man) from Louisiana in 1988, and Valentine Doe was found in 1991 in Florida.

Cassandra would have been 18 (almost 19) when Valentine Doe was found (estimated at 14-25 years old).

Cassandra was 5’3”, 130 pounds when missing in 1988, age 15 (almost 16). Valentine Doe was estimated at 5’4”-5’7”, 130-145 lbs. Both had brown hair and brown (or green-brown) eyes.

The pictures really look very similar to me - what really struck me was this comparison between the age-progressed picture of Cassandra (from Still missing | Guy names, Louisiana, Names ) :
View attachment 191797

Compared to the recreation of Valentine Doe (from List of unidentified murder victims in Florida | Wikiwand ):
View attachment 191798
Side by side:
View attachment 191800 View attachment 191798

DNA is listed as being “available” for Cassandra.

Contact info for Cassandra Lalonde’s investigation is listed as (from 3848DFLA - Cassandra Ann Lalonde ):
Investigating Agency(s) for Cassandra Lalonde:
Agency Name: Westwego Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Lieutenant Eric Orlando
Agency Phone Number: (504) 227-1400
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: F-08323-14
NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 25127

Let me know what you think, and if this potential match has been investigated / ruled out yet. The matching physical and age descriptions, especially the age-progressed picture of Cassandra compared to the Valentine Doe recreation in particular I thought were compelling. As was the right geographical location ("missing from Louisiana" if she was indeed found in Florida) and the right time frame (ran away in 1988 and found in 1991).

Thanks so much!
I actually submitted this comparison late last year. This is a good one.

I was thinking that Valentine Doe might be Paulette S. Webster who disappeared from Chester, Illinois on September 2 1988. I say this because they both had cross tattoos in the same place and Paulette had previously had a growth removed from her ovaries and Valentine Doe had growths in hers, it's possible Paulette willingly disappeared and the growths came back after she left and she just happened to run into the wrong stranger while hitchhiking 3 years later in Florida.

Edit: I forgot to mention I actually submitted this comparison to The Doe Network back in August but I haven't heard back from them on whether or not she has been ruled out.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi
Back