Identified! FL - Big Coppitt Key, 'Valentine Jane Doe' 49UFFL, 16-25, Feb'91 - Wanda Deann Kirkum *killer died*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Want to post this here. Carl said they offer grants.

DNA Doe Project isn't the only one doing doe matching. DNA Doe Project does not match kids so they would not even look at our girl. Carl had called her LE; we're not sure where they stand. Gonna paste in what I wrote on FB this morning.. Feel free to share my post in other threads. There are more then enough Does to go around between the 2 companies.

Parabon is doing similar to what DNA Doe Project is doing with trying to ID Doe's with "family tree" DNA at GEDmatch. We've seen their name in the press with them identifying killers by using DNA; I wasn't sure if they were going to start Doe matching so I contacted them the other day to ask if they will; they are; it's called Snapshot. The guy Thom that I spoke to was very nice.

I asked if they'd be doing kids; he didn't mention it so it's on my question list; so is the price. I'm sure LE will want to have an idea of price before they even contact them.Does anyone have any more questions that I can ask? I'm putting his contact info below; please pass it to any LE you're in contact with. You can tell Thom you got his info from me, Roselvr

- - From Carl K At the time, I mentioned the St. Louis girl and indicated that that would be an ideal case for what they did. He indicated that there are federal grants available for communities, and those with larger populations and crime rates (e.g., St. Louis) have a better chance to get the grants.

I forwarded Thom's information to Daniel Sweeney, the detective in charge of the St. Louis headless girl case.. But I don't know what has happened beyond that, and I wouldn't expect that they would keep me in the loop of what they decided. - -

If you have a particular case you think we should be working on, please contact the detective in charge of the case and provide him/her with a link to our website Parabon® Snapshot® DNA Analysis Service - Powered by Parabon NanoLabs. Simply ask the detective to talk with me about the DNA available in the case so I can assess whether or not Snapshot is even an option for the agency to consider. If you send an email to the detective, feel free to copy me. If you have a conversation via phone, send me a follow up email and give me their contact information. Once you’ve made the introduction, I will contact them to explain the technology and find out if there is sufficient DNA available in the case.

My contact information is in my signature below. The detective may also find the links (below) to our customer testimonial page and social media sites informational, so you may want to point those out as well.

Best,

Thom Shaw

IAI Certified Forensic Artist & Snapshot Case Manager
Parabon NanoLabs
Phone: (703) 689-9689 Ext: 261
E-mail: thom@parabon.com
Parabon® Snapshot® DNA Analysis Service - Powered by Parabon NanoLabs
Testimonials - Parabon® Snapshot® DNA Analysis Service
FBINA 230

Parabon FB Parabon

DNA Doe Project isn't the only one doing doe matching. DNA Doe Project does not match kids so they would not even look at our girl. Carl had called her LE; we're not sure where they stand. Gonna paste in what I wrote on FB this morning.. Feel free to share my post in other threads. There are more then enough Does to go around between the 2 companies.

Parabon FB Parabon

Roselvr, DNA Doe Project will do genealogy for young adults under the age of 18, they just won't do it for young children as young child Does have mostly been killed by family. Valentine Jane Doe's age range is thought to her 14-25 which is the exact same as Annie Doe, a case they are currently sequencing. So there should be no problem with her age. Maybe I'm confused though and you're actually referring to St. Louis Jane Doe; in her case DDP might refuse because she was thought to be 12 or younger I think.

Parabon will be okay with doing child cases because they have been identifying perpetrators of crimes against children. 'DNA Parabon Snapshot' is a service that shows what Jane and John Does would have looked like in real life, it isn't their genealogy service. I don't see why Parabon wouldn't use genealogy to identify Jane and John Does.

Last edited:
Roselvr, DNA Doe Project will do genealogy for young adults under the age of 18, they just won't do it for young children as young child Does have mostly been killed by family. Valentine Jane Doe's age range is thought to her 14-25 which is the exact same as Annie Doe, a case they are currently sequencing. So there should be no problem with her age. Maybe I'm confused though and you're actually referring to St. Louis Jane Doe; in her case DDP might refuse because she was thought to be 12 or younger I think.

Parabon will be okay with doing child cases because they have been identifying perpetrators of crimes against children. 'DNA Parabon Snapshot' is a service that shows what Jane and John Does would have looked like in real life, it isn't their genealogy service. I don't see why Parabon wouldn't use genealogy to identify Jane and John Does.

Sorry, me rushing.. I should have taken out - DNA Doe Project isn't the only one doing doe matching. DNA Doe Project does not match kids so they would not even look at our girl. Carl had called her LE; we're not sure where they stand.- I was talking about the St Louis headless Doe.

They should be ok doing the Doe in this thread but as I said, there's more then enough Does to go around. If someone is in contact with LE on any case they should forward the Parabon info on to them so they can see if there is any grant money to do Doe matching or other services with Parabon. DDP can only take on so many cases at once. If we can get some Does over to Parabon it's a win-win situation for the Does to go home and families to have their loved ones back.

Sorry, me rushing.. I should have taken out - DNA Doe Project isn't the only one doing doe matching. DNA Doe Project does not match kids so they would not even look at our girl. Carl had called her LE; we're not sure where they stand.- I was talking about the St Louis headless Doe.

They should be ok doing the Doe in this thread but as I said, there's more then enough Does to go around. If someone is in contact with LE on any case they should forward the Parabon info on to them so they can see if there is any grant money to do Doe matching or other services with Parabon. DDP can only take on so many cases at once. If we can get some Does over to Parabon it's a win-win situation for the Does to go home and families to have their loved ones back.

I have been told that there is some grant money from a Federal fund that can be used to pay for Parabon but not DNA Doe for some reason. Do you know if that's actually the case?

I have been told that there is some grant money from a Federal fund that can be used to pay for Parabon but not DNA Doe for some reason. Do you know if that's actually the case?

All I know is there is grant money available to use for Parabon. I do not know specifics yet. I will let everyone know as soon as I know more

I follow CeCe Moore on facebook, who is the genealogist at Parabon, and she says that "at Parabon we are also working to identify unknown deceased individuals (Does)." over PM she has clarified that they are indeed doing genetic genealogy for Jane and John Does, not just their snapshot service.

Last edited:
I follow CeCe Moore on facebook, who is the genealogist at Parabon, and she says that "at Parabon we are also working to identify unknown deceased individuals (Does)." over PM she has clarified that they are indeed doing genetic genealogy for Jane and John Does, not just their snapshot service.
Great news! I wonder which cases they’re taking on...

Parabon is doing similar to what DNA Doe Project is doing with trying to ID Doe's with "family tree" DNA at GEDmatch. We've seen their name in the press with them identifying killers by using DNA; I wasn't sure if they were going to start Doe matching so I contacted them the other day to ask if they will; they are; it's called Snapshot. The guy Thom that I spoke to was very nice.

I asked if they'd be doing kids; he didn't mention it so it's on my question list; so is the price. I'm sure LE will want to have an idea of price before they even contact them.Does anyone have any more questions that I can ask? I'm putting his contact info below; please pass it to any LE you're in contact with. You can tell Thom you got his info from me, Roselvr

- - From Carl K At the time, I mentioned the St. Louis girl and indicated that that would be an ideal case for what they did. He indicated that there are federal grants available for communities, and those with larger populations and crime rates (e.g., St. Louis) have a better chance to get the grants.

I forwarded Thom's information to Daniel Sweeney, the detective in charge of the St. Louis headless girl case.. But I don't know what has happened beyond that, and I wouldn't expect that they would keep me in the loop of what they decided. - -

If you have a particular case you think we should be working on, please contact the detective in charge of the case and provide him/her with a link to our website Parabon® Snapshot® DNA Analysis Service - Powered by Parabon NanoLabs. Simply ask the detective to talk with me about the DNA available in the case so I can assess whether or not Snapshot is even an option for the agency to consider. If you send an email to the detective, feel free to copy me. If you have a conversation via phone, send me a follow up email and give me their contact information. Once you’ve made the introduction, I will contact them to explain the technology and find out if there is sufficient DNA available in the case.

My contact information is in my signature below. The detective may also find the links (below) to our customer testimonial page and social media sites informational, so you may want to point those out as well.

Best,

Thom Shaw

IAI Certified Forensic Artist & Snapshot Case Manager
Parabon NanoLabs
Phone: (703) 689-9689 Ext: 261
E-mail: thom@parabon.com
Parabon® Snapshot® DNA Analysis Service - Powered by Parabon NanoLabs
Testimonials - Parabon® Snapshot® DNA Analysis Service
FBINA 230

Parabon FB Parabon

TY Roselvr

"CeCe Moore is a genetic genealogist and a leader in the field of DNA who does a lot of her groundbreaking work right from her couch. Moore, who serves as the DNA expert on the PBS show “Finding Your Roots,” joins Megyn Kelly TODAY to describe the cases she’s helped crack and her research that could have significant implications for fighting crime.Aug.14.2018"
VIDEO.
Meet the woman investigating cold case murders from her couch

Those moccasins are bothering me... So I decided to look to Canada's missing children.

I found this 16 year old runaway, Amber Carrie Potts, with substance abuse problems. I noticed her upturned nose, similarity in ears, and multiple piercings, first.
Canada's Missing | Case details
The Doe Network: Case File 312DFON

View attachment 140047 Actual picture View attachment 140054 CompositeView attachment 140059 School picture
View attachment 140052 Photo age progression (altered)

CANADA - Canada - Amber Potts-Jaffary, 16, Etobicoke, Ont, 26 Nov 1988

If she has been suggested before, please ignore.
You need to submit this if you haven’t already. Great find.

Thanks so much sunnynz! I haven't submitted her yet. I'll go ahead and give it a try.
Thanks, will post on Amber's thread!
Wondering which Doe in the US Amber was compared to?
From link on her thread..
MISSING: Etobicoke teen not seen since confrontation with parents in 1988
"As a voluntary service, our goal is to ensure no families search alone. Don has a big heart and we are honoured that he accepted our assistance.”

Likewise, it was Huzyk, Pressey said, who called him up not too long ago to gently inform him that police at south Etobicoke’s 22 Division had been contacted by law enforcement officials in the U.S. when they found the remains of a woman that matched Amber’s description.
“We followed up on the leads that they gave us and, at that point, we excluded any kind of potential match between Amber and the case that they had in the States. It wasn’t her."”

Last edited:
Thanks, will post on Amber's thread!
Wondering which Doe in the US Amber was compared to?
From link on her thread..
MISSING: Etobicoke teen not seen since confrontation with parents in 1988
"As a voluntary service, our goal is to ensure no families search alone. Don has a big heart and we are honoured that he accepted our assistance.”

Likewise, it was Huzyk, Pressey said, who called him up not too long ago to gently inform him that police at south Etobicoke’s 22 Division had been contacted by law enforcement officials in the U.S. when they found the remains of a woman that matched Amber’s description.
“We followed up on the leads that they gave us and, at that point, we excluded any kind of potential match between Amber and the case that they had in the States. It wasn’t her."”

Thanks dotr for updating Ambers page!

I found Delphine Nikal from BC, Canada is listed in the Rule Outs.
Here's her missing persons page: Disappearance - Delphine Anne Camelia Nikal

If Delphine Nikal was listed as ruled out, you'd think Amber Potts would be listed, too. But then again, you never know with Namus.

Thanks dotr for updating Ambers page!

I found Delphine Nikal from BC, Canada is listed in the Rule Outs.
Here's her missing persons page: Disappearance - Delphine Anne Camelia Nikal

If Delphine Nikal was listed as ruled out, you'd think Amber Potts would be listed, too. But then again, you never know with Namus.

That's awesome that Delphine is listed as a rule out. I was the one who submitted her way back through the RCMP site. Hec was also going to bring it the attention of her investigators, too. Glad they took it seriously enough to consider it.

Just an update. I received a response from RCMP. Yeah!

"Good day,
Thank you for the information you’ve provided. Please note that the information has been forwarded to the primary investigating agency. Should they require any further information, they will contact you directly.

Bonjour,
Merci pour l’information que vous nous avez fourni. Veuillez noter que l’information a été envoyée à l’agence chargée de l’enquête. Si ils ont besoin de plus d’information, l’agence vous contactera directement."

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 1.15.08 PM.png
The vitals really don't match and the dates are even slightly out but the facial resemblance and the star tattoo are spot on! I think there are too many differences here though:
Susan Libby Marable (can't find a websleuths thread for her) Missing Person Case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charley04
Back