Identified! FL - Big Coppitt Key, 'Valentine Jane Doe' 49UFFL, 16-25, Feb'91 - Wanda Deann Kirkum *killer died*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good point! My ex grew up in Miami and he was always cold.
My sister in FL complains when it's 60 degrees out, LOL.

This is the case for June on /r/gratefuldoe!

Maybe someone has said this in the thread but maybe Valentine JD could be Puerto Rican???

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I'm getting a permission error in NamUs for Maria Cullar MP 24265

Sorry for jumping in, I didn't read whole thread but I was checking out this case earlier on my own, just didn't have opportunity to talk about it with anyone.

Was community of orthodox churches questioned about that girl at the time? Or later?
I believe that each one of these community could have a little bit different cross tattoo.

Just my opinion but I'm almost certain that her hand tattoo is traditional Coptic tattoo.
Was that discussed and ruled out already?

The closest one is I believe Saint John the Baptist Coptic Orthodox Church in Miami.
Is this possible that people were unaware of Valentine's case?
It's possible that she wasn't from Florida and was there just visiting a relative or friends - but even so, coptic priest from that area could be able to recognize that cross and maybe offer some leads.

Sometimes people from very warm climates are chilly and dress warmly in conditions that would make a native sweat. I used to work in New England with a guy from the Mississippi delta who wore flannel shirts to work all year around. The only time he was warm was the year we had the 100-degree heat wave.

Yes this is exactly what I was going to say. I find that in our hot summers the tourists from hot countries are still dressed in sweaters, jeans, etc. I would definitely pick that this JD was from a warm climate where she is used to heat - rather than the other way around - and wasn't bothered by wearing a sweater in the Florida heat.

Yes this is exactly what I was going to say. I find that in our hot summers the tourists from hot countries are still dressed in sweaters, jeans, etc. I would definitely pick that this JD was from a warm climate where she is used to heat - rather than the other way around - and wasn't bothered by wearing a sweater in the Florida heat.
So maybe she is from somewhere in the Caribbean like Puerto Rico, or central america??

I noticed her Namus was updated on June 28 - I'm not familiar enough with the case to see what changed, another rule out added maybe? https://identifyus.org/cases/6182

Also, I'm now wondering whether someone from a non-English speaking country would have a tattoo with 'Love' in Ennglish? Just a thought.

I noticed her Namus was updated on June 28 - I'm not familiar enough with the case to see what changed, another rule out added maybe? https://identifyus.org/cases/6182

Also, I'm now wondering whether someone from a non-English speaking country would have a tattoo with 'Love' in Ennglish? Just a thought.

Could be anything added or changed. One I follow just added a town name

Hi Guys,
I am at work [shhh! don't tell!] so I couldn't spend all the time to read this thread from start to finish... Yes, I'm cheating! ^_^

Anyways, does anyone know if TAVIA BAILEY has been submitted? *Not on NAMUS Ruleout List*
She went missing from Pensacola, FL 6 yrs before this UID died, but she was a frequent runaway at the time she went missing, it would not be the first time a runaway turned up years later.
There are slight variances in the descriptors, and of course Tavia's profile doesn't mention any tattoos, but again she was 15 when she disappeared, it would be possible she got tattoos in the 6 years between her disappearance and the discovery of UID.
Their hairstyles were generally the same, body type generally the same, and Tavia had multiple earring holes in each ear, like the UID.

UID: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6182
Tavia: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5815/0/

FL.UID.Tavia.Bailey.PNG

Hi Guys,
I am at work [shhh! don't tell!] so I couldn't spend all the time to read this thread from start to finish... Yes, I'm cheating! ^_^

Anyways, does anyone know if TAVIA BAILEY has been submitted? *Not on NAMUS Ruleout List*
She went missing from Pensacola, FL 6 yrs before this UID died, but she was a frequent runaway at the time she went missing, it would not be the first time a runaway turned up years later.
There are slight variances in the descriptors, and of course Tavia's profile doesn't mention any tattoos, but again she was 15 when she disappeared, it would be possible she got tattoos in the 6 years between her disappearance and the discovery of UID.
Their hairstyles were generally the same, body type generally the same, and Tavia had multiple earring holes in each ear, like the UID.

UID: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6182
Tavia: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5815/0/

View attachment 121025

These two both have DNA tests completed in Namus so they would have been picked up as a match already.

I worked this case originally - we thought she'd be ID'd in a matter of days. Here we are all those years later! I think she's from Puerto Rico.

Hey all. I'm fairly new to the UP identification search, so I may not have quite a good eye for these things yet. But anyway, I'd heard of the Valentine Doe recently, and after hearing others speculate that the UP might be from Canada, possibly of aboriginal descent, so I decided to go through some of the missing persons from Canada on The Doe Network.

It may be a long shot, but what about Diane Prevost?

She disappeared from Ontario, Canada in 1966 at two years old. At the time of Valentine Doe's discovery, she would have been 27 years old; so a few years off of the age estimate. If she were abducted, it is a long way to take a child, but it might explain why her very distinctive tattoos and piercings haven't linked her directly to other missing persons.

To me, the noses look similar, as Diane also had more of an upturned nose. So do the lips. In particular, I thought the age progression drawing of Diane closely resembled the reconstructions in the attachments.

But what do you think?

Edit: Diane's parents also seem to have upturned noses very similar to the Missing and Explioted Children reconstruction, although that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I also thought Virginia Sampare resembles Valentine Doe, especially in the black-and-white construction, but she would have been 38 at the time of Valentie Doe's discovery, which seems just too far off to me.

Attachments

• Dianeprevostcomp4.png
    Dianeprevostcomp4.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Dianeprevostcomp1.png
    Dianeprevostcomp1.png
    265.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Dianeprevostcomp2.png
    Dianeprevostcomp2.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Dianeprevostcomp3.png
    Dianeprevostcomp3.png
    107 KB · Views: 15
I found another match that is, to me, extremely close.

Eva Ridall (Charley Project)

attachment.php

She had similar face shape and structure.The closest nose shape I have seen so far. She disappeared from Manatee County, Florida. Her NamUs page says she was born with brown hair but dyed it blonde. Blue/hazel eyes; Valentine Doe is reported has having brown-green eyes. Her Charley Project page says police suspect she may have been a runaway. It makes my heart race every time I look at her picture. Right height and weight range for when she disappeared, as well.

There are a few discrepancies; a cousin reported that Eva had given herself a tattoo on her ankle when she was twelve; but I wonder how she did it and if it could have faded after a long time? There is also a gap of a little under 14 years between her disappearance and Valentine Doe's discovery, making her about 29 at the time that VD was found (VD age range 16-25). The eyebrow shape is also not quite the same.

Attachments

• VD_EvaRidallcomp.png
    VD_EvaRidallcomp.png
    209.5 KB · Views: 190
I guess my other message is too old to edit now. I've attached some more comparison pictures for Eva Ridall to this post.

Attachments

• VD_EvaRidallcomp2.png
    VD_EvaRidallcomp2.png
    412 KB · Views: 17
  • VD_EvaRidallcomp3.png
    VD_EvaRidallcomp3.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 20
  • VD_EvaRidallcomp4.png
    VD_EvaRidallcomp4.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 11
I found another match that is, to me, extremely close.

Eva Ridall (Charley Project)

attachment.php

She had similar face shape and structure.The closest nose shape I have seen so far. She disappeared from Manatee County, Florida. Her NamUs page says she was born with brown hair but dyed it blonde. Blue/hazel eyes; Valentine Doe is reported has having brown-green eyes. Her Charley Project page says police suspect she may have been a runaway. It makes my heart race every time I look at her picture. Right height and weight range for when she disappeared, as well.

There are a few discrepancies; a cousin reported that Eva had given herself a tattoo on her ankle when she was twelve; but I wonder how she did it and if it could have faded after a long time? There is also a gap of a little under 14 years between her disappearance and Valentine Doe's discovery, making her about 29 at the time that VD was found (VD age range 16-25). The eyebrow shape is also not quite the same.

They both have DNA tests completed in Namus so there would have been a match already. I totally see the similarity though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife
Back