GUILTY FL - Boy in a Box abuse trial - Parents, Timothy & Tracy Ferriter Arrested, Jupiter, Feb 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting. We did just get some information on the timing of that plea offer. According to defense, they state it was only just recently offered. *If* this is fully and accurately true (with no other missing "facts") logic dictates that it couldn't have been the source of the problems between TF and his prior counsel.

jmo

Interesting. We did just get some information on the timing of that plea offer. According to defense, they state it was only just recently offered. *If* this is fully and accurately true (with no other missing "facts") logic dictates that it couldn't have been the source of the problems between TF and his prior counsel.

jmo
Just had a look and seems it was offered in Sept. at a hearing just days before the trial! Ouch..

Just had a look and seems it was offered in Sept. at a hearing just days before the trial! Ouch..

Okay, so she did leave out facts then? Because didn't his prior counsel request permission to withdraw in and around that time?

ETA: Scratch that I see now it was 2023. Prior counsel asked to withdraw in the Fall of 2022 (which is when I was speculating that the offer was first being floated)

Last edited:
Day 9: Jury finds father of 'Boy in the Box' guilty on all charges

Thu, October 12th 2023, 9:33 AM EDT

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (CBS12) — Around 1:45 p.m., the jury delivered their verdict: guilty on all charges -- false imprisonment, aggravated child abuse and child neglect.

Timothy Ferriter eyes widened in shock when the judge said he will be booked into the Palm Beach County Jail when the courtroom adjourned.

Prosecutors said they will talk to defense about any possible plea deals for Tracy. This was in their interview with CourtTV. I think if they were willing to offer him 2 years they will offer her the same and she will take it. I didn’t like how CourtTV handled the coverage in general. I like Julia Janae but she’s not the best at asking questions. There’s no two-sides to this issue. Their actions were reprehensible and should be condemned. JMO

Tracy will have the very same prosecuting attorneys. I bet there won't be a deal.

I think there will be. I do think though that they'll try to wait until they see what TF receives, if possible. They already know the charges against her and they already know the evidence they have. They are in a position to at least loosely figure out what her max "could" be assuming she would be convicted on all counts, and then take it from there. I can see them calculating this and coming to an offer to save the time and expense of a trial and more importantly, to spare any further damage to the kids who would likely have to be called again as witnesses. I would hope she gets some time though. A plea offer of house arrest or probation would be tragic imo but that's moo.

All jmo

ETA: I think of it this way: If the end result (sentencing, assuming conviction) will be on or close to the same, it makes far more sense. His plea offer to me however, made zero sense. And, I am thankful he turned it down. jmo

Last edited:
I think there will be. I do think though that they'll try to wait until they see what TF receives, if possible. They already know the charges against her and they already know the evidence they have. They are in a position to at least loosely figure out what her max "could" be assuming she would be convicted on all counts, and then take it from there. I can see them calculating this and coming to an offer to save the time and expense of a trial and more importantly, to spare any further damage to the kids who would likely have to be called again as witnesses. I would hope she gets some time though. A plea offer of house arrest or probation would be tragic imo but that's moo.

All jmo

ETA: I think of it this way: If the end result (sentencing, assuming conviction) will be on or close to the same, it makes far more sense. His plea offer to me however, made zero sense. And, I am thankful he turned it down. jmo
I agree, those kids do not deserve going through another trial, they have been through enough. just my amateur opinion

Sentence range for Tim Ferriter Aggravated child abuse - up to 30 years Child neglect - up to 5 years False imprisonment - up to 5 years Sentencing scheduled for mid-November. Prosecutors told us they will work to set a trial date for Tracy soon.
@CourtTV

According to CTV interview with defense counsel, the plea deal TF turned down also included a requirement that he proffer testimony to be used at his wife's trial and that is why they did not take the plea deal.

Speculation only. Sounds to me like they realized from the start that their case against her wasn't as solid as the case against him, though she was complicit in all of it and not only neglected to protect her child, but contributed to the abuse. Her charges may not include that top line offense of aggravated child abuse. (Does anyone know?) So, him testifying that the two of them together decided on this cell and treatment would get both cases off the docket. I'm glad he didn't take it. I expect her to plead out and I hope she gets time or is forced to go to trial like her husband. Go roll the dice like he did. Let's see what happens.

All moo

Sentence range for Tim Ferriter Aggravated child abuse - up to 30 years Child neglect - up to 5 years False imprisonment - up to 5 years Sentencing scheduled for mid-November. Prosecutors told us they will work to set a trial date for Tracy soon.
@CourtTV

Yes, but remember they calculate it if two or more are the same offense level to come up with a total # that then provides the range (the minimum to maximum) I *think*. And if sentences will run consecutively or concurrently will affect it too jmo. Worksheet is insightful imo

From post #240
... looks like the state assigns a number to a criminal offense, tallies the counts up on the worksheet, and arrive at the sentencing guideline range. So (example and speculation only) if a defendant is charged with 3 counts, each count being a level 9 offense, when I looked at this worksheet I noticed that for the primary offense the full amount of points is tallied (92), then it looks like for the secondary offense that same offense level gets tallied a bit lower (48) x # of counts for that (level offense), then other things can be added victim injury, prior criminal history, and so on...

(ETA: I don't think he's going to get anywhere near 30 just a guess. But, I expect him to get a lot more than 2. moo)

Last edited:
I’m wondering since he doesn’t have prior convictions if he will be offered a prison diversion program and not serve any time at all. I wonder this because I live in Florida and have been astonished by our system. I have a neighbor who, last year, shot up a house with adults and children in it when she was angry. She was charged with 4 felonies related to the incident. No bullets hit anyone thank goodness, but she did cause property damage. She was looking at 30 years, but just pled nolo contendre. She got 5 years probation, 100 hours of community service and isn’t allowed controlled substances. I was shocked. Because of no priors - she was offered the prison diversion program. I can’t help but wonder if TF will be offered the same. I will be surprised if he is sentenced to the max.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back