GUILTY FL - Casei Jones, 32 & her four young children, murdered, Marion County, August 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes obviously there’s no grief Olympics but damn... I feel like she wins (loses) :(
I really feel bad for her. One died in his early
20s in an accident, one just passed after a life long birth injury- she was my age (mid 30s) but functioned at a toddler level while being paralyzed since birth (so momma had been caring for her at an infantile level all these years) and her last just died as a complication of an ongoing medical condition.

Makes me think of this case though. What’s worse? If MJ was the first to go or the kids? I cannot fathom either possibility. I would gladly lie down my life for any of my kids- as I’m sure she would have- and may well have. But I also wouldn’t want them to see any of it. I hope somehow it comes out that all of them passed as quietly and untraumatically (is that a word???) as possible- and no one knew about or saw the others deaths. ****. Just awful any way you think of it. There’s no good answer or outcome. **** MJ.

Well said. And you are right, there are no grief Olympics.

I hope also for the least painful death and that they saw nor knew anything, all five. I worry though that it is unlikely.

I agree with what was said during the press conference--he should not walk this earth (MJ).

Jmo.

There has been extreme heat in Florida this summer... especially past couple of months... perhaps if they were in the family car or u-haul might have increased rate of decay of bodies...
Also, perhaps an eviction notice pushed the parent(s) over the top with panic and/or anger... Homelessness is a major panic situation, especially with 4 young children...
Not making excuses, however, people react differently to extreme stress, and lack of ability to seek out resources...
He apparently was in the military; did he suffer from PTSD? Was he deployed to any war zones?
As a former psychiatric/forensic RN, and after working psych with many PTSD clients;
It is amazing what triggers are activated when extreme stressors are in the mix...
So sorry for all loved ones, and friends that had their loved ones murdered here...
Heartbreaking

@DEB-Z you had quoted my post.....
I agree with your PTSD statement, I sadly have PTSD after our sons tragic camping accident. Even after 12 years I never know when I may “accidentally” be triggered.

My line of thinking was that he chickened out when he killed his family, and didn't kill himself, then, like other family annihilators , and gave it a second try with wrecking the vehicle. It didn't work, so, he gave up. Most family annihilators are discovered and arrested fairly quickly. Just a theory, nothing more, nothing less.

I think financial stress, may have been leading up to a potential familial breakdown, and then the eviction notice came. He tail-spinned when he saw that he may be losing everything, and everyone, in his immediate life. He's a failure. He's losing his identity when he loses them (if in fact that's what was happening).

I'm not sure, which one I think that he is, just yet. More will have to come out before that can be pieced together but in the end, all four types ended with the same outcomes. Some killed themselves, others couldn't/didn't.

Characteristics of family killers revealed: The male dominated crime most common in August

I just can't believe all of the "family annihilators" this year. There have been several. Why is this becoming so common? Is it financial stress? Something to do with society?

I wonder if forensic psychologists can come up with some sort of "warning" signs. And probably women wouldn't believe that their spouse would kill them or their children.

I just can't believe all of the "family annihilators" this year. There have been several. Why is this becoming so common? Is it financial stress? Something to do with society?

I wonder if forensic psychologists can come up with some sort of "warning" signs. And probably women wouldn't believe that their spouse would kill them or their children.

I've never heard of a case where there was truly no signs at all. Where a person with no known mental illness (known to themselves or others), no stressors in their life, no infidelity, no marital disharmony, or no history of violence or abuse just snaps and murders their entire family. There's always something, some factor. It's not always immediately apparent.

It's hard to know if these things are really increasing. At least to some degree, the Internet makes these things seem more common and more immediate. Once upon a time you only really heard about the things that were local to you and/or of national importance. But I do think that given I just read a report saying that GPs say anxiety and depression have overtaken coughs and colds as the main affliction of their patients, there is definitely something going on in society.

WKMG Orlando is running a couple video
interviews with his ex-wife who he stayed with
a couple times in Aug-Sept.
She says he told her he and his wife were divorcing. When he left he said he was going back to Marion Co.
She says she saw no 'red flags' but wonders if
the bodies were in the van.
Will post videos when station puts them online.

She says he told her he and his wife were divorcing. When he left he said he was going back to Marion Co.

Hmm.

Interesting. So he stayed with her after the murders it sounds like. And the bodies were likely with him?

I just do not understand how that would not be realized.

I wonder if he is still on suicide watch, the poor guy who lost it and killed 4 babies and a wife...:rolleyes:

Is this the wife he left for Casei where they all worked at the same place...?

Jmo.

Hmm.

Interesting. So he stayed with her after the murders it sounds like. And the bodies were likely with him?

I just do not understand how that would not be realized.

I wonder if he is still on suicide watch, the poor guy who lost it and killed 4 babies and a wife...:rolleyes:

Is this the wife he left for Casei where they all worked at the same place...?

Jmo.
yes, his first wife, with whom he has 3 kids.

Here's the article (Wife's name changed to initials):

SJ shares three children with Michael Jones. She said he began staying with them off-and-on in August. She said Michael Jones told her he and Casei Jones were getting a divorce.

"My understanding of their relationship at that point was that it was a bit contentious," SJ said. "He seemed to think that she was doing something devious and trying to keep his daughters from him."

During that time, SJ said she didn't notice anything unusual about her ex-husband.

"He was playing with his kids every day. He was taking them to the pool, he was talking about a future with them," SJ said. "There was absolutely nothing that would have peaked in my mind to say, 'Oh my gosh. I think he did something.'"

According to SJ, her ex-husband left her apartment on Sept.14, the day his wife and four children were reported missing.

[...]

Michael Jones is on suicide watch in jail pending his Oct. 22 arraignment.

Ex-wife of Florida man accused of killing wife, 4 kids: 'It haunts me'

Key dates BBM.

At the end of the broadcast video you have here, it refers to an upcoming video they will have that talks about her son and the smell he had, and how it haunts him.

BBM - How awful is this? To think this killer played house with his ex family while his own laid out there dead by his hands in the hot Florida sun is bizarre beyond words.

I think there should be an 'Express Lane' in the judicial system for self admitted child killers. Disgusting.

JMO

What's even more horrible is the ex-wife's statement that he was planning a future with his children. Knowing after the fact that he had just wiped out the current ones decomposing in the area with her and the three they had together.
What did anyone of you think of her statement of- why wasn't it us?

WFTV Orlando just showed the other interview with the ex-wife who said the accused stayed at
her home for two weeks just prior to being arrested for his wife's murder. Says she allowed
him to stay because of the expected Hurricane
Dorian coming through and she had never experienced a hurricane and was comforted
with having another adult being there. Also the power had been turned off in his trailer.

After he left her home and LE called her immediately telling her about the murders,
she thought about whether he had the bodies
of his family in the van in her driveway, so she
asked her oldest son if he had smelled anything
around the van. Her son said his dad had a
bunch of feral cats that lived around his trailer
and the son wondered if one got inside the van
and died.
She says he never beat her or the kids when they were married.

Will post video as soon as it's posted online.

What's even more horrible is the ex-wife's statement that he was planning a future with his children. Knowing after the fact that he had just wiped out the current ones decomposing in the area with her and the three they had together.
What did anyone of you think of her statement of- why wasn't it us?
I believe he was setting up the ex-wife to allow him to move back in and have a big happy family again. Except he had a few burials to
take care of first, then he'd be back.
moo

WFTV Orlando just showed the other interview with the ex-wife who said the accused stayed at
her home for two weeks just prior to being arrested for his wife's murder. Says she allowed
him to stay because of the expected Hurricane
Dorian coming through and she had never experienced a hurricane and was comforted
with having another adult being there. Also the power had been turned off in his trailer.

After he left her home and LE called her immediately telling her about the murders,
she thought about whether he had the bodies
of his family in the van in her driveway, so she
asked her oldest son if he had smelled anything
around the van. Her son said his dad had a
bunch of feral cats that lived around his trailer
and the son wondered if one got inside the van
and died.
She says he never beat her or the kids when they were married.

Will post video as soon as it's posted online.

Woman speaks out after housing ex-husband accused of killing wife, 4 kids in Marion County

Sarah Jones said her ex-husband's reasoning for coming was because he and Casei broke up and that there was no electricity in his Marion County trailer.

She said her suspicions weren't raised until she asked her son about Michael's van -- where deputies believe he was keeping the bodies.

"I asked my oldest if daddy's van ever smelled funny and he said, 'You know mom, dad has a bunch of cats that live around his trailer, and he says he thinks there might be a dead cat in his car,'" Sarah said.

*shivers* dead cat and Casey Anthony's squirrel

ETA, is it a form of some sort of strange PTSD for those of us who continue to think of Caylee Anthony case when we associate other cases with such. It just gets me so upset.

Last edited:

What! It happened on July 10th? This timeline is just unbelievable. Not that I don't believe it, it's just an exclamation that it is unbelievable.

"According to the affidavit, Michael Jones admitted to killing Casei Jones on July 10 during an argument at their home on Southeast 86th Terrace in Marion County."

A Marion County deputy told News4Jax investigators believe Jones drove to Jacksonville with the bodies of his wife and children in his van before driving to Georgia.

What I can see on FB Casei’s profile and cover picture were changed to photos of the children 21st August just minutes apart. Last visible profile pic before this was 2nd August, with a comment and reply which I found a bit worrying. I can’t help thinking if it was actually Casei who changed those display photos. IMO
I’m scared for her children.
I have that feeling of dread.
He has something in his eyes.
Where are they?
MOO

The July 10th "boss lady" profile picture also has a worrying comment on it.

:bump: is the previous reference of this thread of her July 10th profile pic due to the recent information that The murder was on July 10th.

Perhaps he manipulated her Facebook on the 21st while he was at his ex-wife's house?

Thank you to those folks that documented this early on in the case to look back on. And now it shows the significance.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back