Found Deceased FL - Cassie Carli 37, & Saylor (safe) met Ex to exchange custody, Navarre Beach, 27 Mar 2022 *Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ugh so many of these type of cases... I am so happy to hear Saylor is with CPS and hopefully given to Cassie's family for now. It feels like everything is about to unfold and fall apart in this case. I expect news today for sure.

this article says she vanished on the way to pick her daughter
The fact that the ex didn't call anyone supports the theory that he wasn't there wondering where she was.
Clearly Cassie's car made it to the drop off point.
The report says Cassie disappeared while on the way to pick up her daughter. If her car made it to the drop off point, that would indicate Cassie also arrived at the drop off area, correct?

Is the boat ramp a confirmed meeting point or is that just what was told to LE? If they actually did meet there then they should definitely check whatever body of water is right there. If not then they need to ping their phones to see where they did meet and then check that area. I worry about what that child could have witnessed.

Is the boat ramp a confirmed meeting point or is that just what was told to LE? If they actually did meet there then they should definitely check whatever body of water is right there. If not then they need to ping their phones to see where they did meet and then check that area. I worry about what that child could have witnessed.
IMO something just doesn't add up here. I'll have to re-read these MSM reports to make sure I didn't miss something.

It has been reported that the car was located at Navarre Beach near Sailors grill. That restaurant is only opened Fri and Sat. She went missing on Sunday and the car was located on Tuesday IIRC. Sailors Grill FB Log into Facebook

Bringing forward MSM from above where I read this. Florida mom, 37, missing since Sunday after going to pick up her 4-year-old daughter from girl's dad | Daily Mail Online
Editing: Her sister said they usually meet at a Walmart in above article.

It has been reported that the car was located at Navarre Beach near Sailors grill. That restaurant is only opened Fri and Sat. She went missing on Sunday and the car was located on Tuesday IIRC. Sailors Grill FB Log into Facebook

Bringing forward MSM from above where I read this. Florida mom, 37, missing since Sunday after going to pick up her 4-year-old daughter from girl's dad | Daily Mail Online
Knowing that this restaurant is only open on Friday and Saturday, is it possible someone else drove Cassie's car to this location on Sunday or sometime after?

this article says she vanished on the way to pick her daughter
The fact that the ex didn't call anyone supports the theory that he wasn't there wondering where she was.
Clearly Cassie's car made it to the drop off point.

Cassie Carli's mysterious disappearance

The article below indicates this custody exchange was different from their usual routine (bold/italics by me)

[RC] said her sister had also been sorting out custody issues with [SC]'s father. The two had joint custody over their daughter.

“She went to go pick up Saylor because it was his weekend. This is a normal – every other weekend drop-off exchange thing. And they were just meeting right down the road this time,” her sister recalled.

“Juana’s – it is a local bar that she – it’s always been there. So a big parking lot and people using the boat ramp, usually a nice public place,” [RC] said. “My dad said it was just a very brief, you know, ‘Be right back, Dad. I’m just – just going right to Juana’s.’”

ETA for clarification, hopefully

Last edited:

The restaurant is open daily according to their website.
Juana's Pagodas and Sailors' Grill

So is the general consensus that something happened to Cassie on the way to the drop-off, or possibly during the drop off in the parking lot of Juana’s Pagodas restaurant?

I agree, would be a good idea for LE to check the Walmart CCTV just in case. Also, any CCTV from the restaurant parking lot area?

The article below indicates this custody exchange was different from their usual routine (bold/italics by me)

ETA for clarification, hopefully
from same article:

“Juana’s – it is a local bar that she – it’s always been there. So a big parking lot and people using the boat ramp, usually a nice public place,” Raeann said. “My dad said it was just a very brief, you know, ‘Be right back, Dad. I’m just – just going right to Juana’s.’”

now that Marcus Spanevelo has been identified by LE (to clarify - not named a POI but simply named) hopefully members of the public who know Mr. Spanevelo will come forward with their knowledge of his activities in the days leading up to and just after Cassie's disappearance. Did anyone watch Saylor for him while he say "ran errands"?

If he is responsible for Cassie's disappearance I pray Saylor was not a witness to whatever happened in that parking lot.

now that Marcus Spanevelo has been identified by LE (to clarify - not named a POI but simply named) hopefully members of the public who know Mr. Spanevelo will come forward with their knowledge of his activities in the days leading up to and just after Cassie's disappearance. Did anyone watch Saylor for him while he say "ran errands"?

If he is responsible for Cassie's disappearance I pray Saylor was not a witness to whatever happened in that parking lot.
I agree completely. Though if he is responsible for Cassie's disappearance, I seriously doubt he brought their daughter along. One has to wonder why the meeting location was changed from a WalMart (with excellent video surveillance o_O) to Juana's.

I agree completely. Though if he is responsible for Cassie's disappearance, I seriously doubt he brought their daughter along. One has to wonder why the meeting location was changed from a WalMart (with excellent video surveillance o_O) to Juana's.
It's my understanding it was her that changed the location because she didn't want to drive all the way to Walmart. She had been staying with her dad.

Raeann said Cassie usually tried to meet her daughter's father, Marcus Spanevelo, at a public location – typically a Walmart parking lot – but that he had recently been changing the meet-up locations. This time, the pair scheduled to meet in the parking lot of nearby Juana’s Pagodas restaurant.
[snip]
"Cassie,I’m trying to call you.What’s going on?" he wrote, in a series of text messages provided to Fox News Digital. His first message was sent at 9:40 p.m. Sunday. He then sent a second message that stated: "I’m freaking out case call me as soon as you get this message."
[snip]
A response came shortly thereafter, and stated: "I’m sorry, car was acting up, and I broke my phone. Marcus is working on it. I will stay at his place tonight. He is paying me some money to do some stuff around his house."

A later message from Cassie’s phone stated, "Let me see if he can get this fixed and I’ll call you."
[snip]
"No answer on the phone," Raeann said, of when her father tried to call Spanevelo. "But then he texted him a long paragraph and said, ‘Yeah, Cassie was having troubles. I was going to help her with her phone, but she ended up getting all upset and acting crazy,'" Raeann went on. Spanevelo did not respond to Fox News Digital’s request seeking comment and information.
[snip]
When asked why Spanevelo would be there [eta Birmingham Alabama for clarity], Johnson said he had work in the area. Johnson added that the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office’s entire Major Crimes Unit, which consists of 10 detectives, is working the case.

"We are intent on speaking with him again," Johnson said. He would not discuss Spanevelo’s recollection of events.
Missing Florida mom Cassie Carli felt 'extremely' unsafe around child's father before disappearance: sister

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannepalmer85
Back