Found Deceased FL - Cassie Carli 37, & Saylor (safe) met Ex to exchange custody, Navarre Beach, 27 Mar 2022 *Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And the last text is a text message and not an iMessage like all the other messages between Cassie and her dad. Surely someone who knows about these things can tell us at least what the possible reasons for that message to be a text rather than iMessage? :oops::confused:

In my experience, iPhone to iPhone can occasionally come through as a text when you are in poor service area or turned off.

And the last text is a text message and not an iMessage like all the other messages between Cassie and her dad. Surely someone who knows about these things can tell us at least what the possible reasons for that message to be a text rather than iMessage? :oops::confused:
I think it got sent as a text message because the phone was shut off shortly after. I bet the ex shut or destroyed her phone after.

If you look at the text messages here.. it kind of makes more sense. Missing Florida mom Cassie Carli felt 'extremely' unsafe around child's father before disappearance: sister
The dad/sister were texting her asking where she was at and the text messages turned green. To me, that looks like her phone was shut off. Then "Cassie" replied back and they were communicating back and forth because the messages are in blue indicating her phone is turned on. Then the dad/sister asked where she was and it turned green meaning her phone most likely was shut off. IMO

These guys do this all the time. They try to cover their butts by pretending to be the victim, and invariably screw it up.

The cell phone data here is going to bury this guy, I'm totally convinced of that.

I think that last text uses a funny nickname or something.
Yeah, hence the alleged (per Cassie's sister) text from Marcus to Cassie's dad stating ‘Yeah, Cassie was having troubles. I was going to help her with her phone, but she ended up getting all upset and acting crazy,'"

Controlling and narcissistic people, IME tend to dismiss their targets as "crazy" even as they are the ones engaging in crazy making behavior until their victim reacts and suddenly the victim is the problem. I am waiting for MSM to catch up so I can discuss why I feel this relationship was not a good one and Cassie's reasons for leaving were probably wise ones.

Yeah, hence the alleged (per Cassie's sister) text from Marcus to Cassie's dad stating ‘Yeah, Cassie was having troubles. I was going to help her with her phone, but she ended up getting all upset and acting crazy,'"

Controlling and narcissistic people, IME tend to dismiss their targets as "crazy" even as they are the ones engaging in crazy making behavior until their victim reacts and suddenly the victim is the problem. I am waiting for MSM to catch up so I can discuss why I feel this relationship was not a good one and Cassie's reasons for leaving were probably wise ones.
I don't usually read about cases elsewhere because I like to stick to facts rather than internet rumors but I found Cassie's friend on FB to be very believable so I read a lot there. I am eager for MSM to catch up as well.

And you are so right about the crazy making... My heart breaks for Cassie's daughter.

Escambia Search and Rescue launched its boat right into the Santa Rosa Sound Friday afternoon. The volunteer organization used its technology to search the water for anything suspicious.

Channel 3 talked to Assistant Director O.B. Pettit. He says Carli's family asked them to come out Friday.

Pettit says in this situation, they're working against the clock.
Escambia Search and Rescue joins efforts to find Cassie Carli

Organizers say their main focus was between Navarre and Destin.

"The more help you have, the better off you are," Pettit said. "It just needs to be organized."

Carli's family believes it's possible she left the area in her ex’s car.

As Channel 3 reported Thursday, texts between Carli's ex Marcus Spanevelo and her sister claim Spanevelo dropped her off in “the middle of nowhere in Destin.”
Escambia Search and Rescue joins efforts to find Cassie Carli

shades of Gabby Petito here

I was still trying to figure out why Destin was named.

Cassie lives with her dad in Navarre.
"Cassie’s sister told NBC the 37-year-old was between jobs and living with their father in Navarre."
Cassie Carli's mysterious disappearance

The ex lives in Panama City.
Destin is between Navarre and Panama City.
Google Maps

So they are searching between Navarre and Destin.
Along the water areas....
might the phone have been turned off in that area?

"dropped her off in “the middle of nowhere in Destin.”
Right, there could be some truth to this.....

Ugh...I can see where this might be going.

He "dropped her off in the middle of nowhere around Destin"
When and if she is found, the story will be yes, I dropped her off, she was freaking out on the way to my place. Wanted out of the car. Changed her mind. She was acting crazy.
Found deceased in water somewhere.....not my fault.

Given the things I've read about CC's fears of Marcus, I can't imagine she'd go anywhere with Marcus unless their child wasn't with him and he told CC some story to get her to go with him. I have such a bad feeling about how this is going to end... :( (MOO)

Given the things I've read about CC"s fears of Marcus, I can't imagine she'd go anywhere with Marcus unless their child wasn't with him and he told CC some story to get her to go with him. I have such a bad feeling about how this is going to end... :( (MOO)
Right? And if she chose to go with him, why didn’t she take her purse?

I can't view that, but is that quote something along the lines of 'If something happens to me, it's him' [i.e the ex]?

“Cassie’s been telling me for the last two years that [Marcus] has been threatening her,” said Cassie’s brother Anthony Carli. “She’s always said, if anything happens to me, it’s him.”

FINAL TEXTS: These are the last texts #CassieCarli’s father received from Cassie’s phone when she didn’t come home & disappeared.

The family tells me they’re certain Cassie didn’t send these, saying it’s not how she writes nor is it something she’d say.
View attachment 338640 View attachment 338641

https://twitter.com/wflajb/status/1509983137643782145?s=21&t=cgGfbcVSXM0KX6A9xCdbFg
The dad texts “are u in PCB”? Answer was “no my phone jumping all over “. So my question is where is pcb her phone was texting from there or so her dad thought.

Raeann said Cassie usually tried to meet her daughter's father, Marcus Spanevelo, at a public location – typically a Walmart parking lot – but that he had recently been changing the meet-up locations. This time, the pair scheduled to meet in the parking lot of nearby Juana’s Pagodas restaurant.
[snip]
"Cassie,I’m trying to call you.What’s going on?" he wrote, in a series of text messages provided to Fox News Digital. His first message was sent at 9:40 p.m. Sunday. He then sent a second message that stated: "I’m freaking out case call me as soon as you get this message."
[snip]
A response came shortly thereafter, and stated: "I’m sorry, car was acting up, and I broke my phone. Marcus is working on it. I will stay at his place tonight. He is paying me some money to do some stuff around his house."

A later message from Cassie’s phone stated, "Let me see if he can get this fixed and I’ll call you."
[snip]
"No answer on the phone," Raeann said, of when her father tried to call Spanevelo. "But then he texted him a long paragraph and said, ‘Yeah, Cassie was having troubles. I was going to help her with her phone, but she ended up getting all upset and acting crazy,'" Raeann went on. Spanevelo did not respond to Fox News Digital’s request seeking comment and information.
[snip]
When asked why Spanevelo would be there [eta Birmingham Alabama for clarity], Johnson said he had work in the area. Johnson added that the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office’s entire Major Crimes Unit, which consists of 10 detectives, is working the case.

"We are intent on speaking with him again," Johnson said. He would not discuss Spanevelo’s recollection of events.
Missing Florida mom Cassie Carli felt 'extremely' unsafe around child's father before disappearance: sister
Ugh, I am behind on this case. But sounds like maybe Spanevelo was the one that texted from her phone, to his phone, talking about phone problems and staying at some at his house that night----because she would have told her father if she had plans to stay away all night. She told her dad she'd be right back with her daughter.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmeyer
Back