Found Deceased FL - Cassie Carli 37, & Saylor (safe) met Ex to exchange custody, Navarre Beach, 27 Mar 2022 *Arrest

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Raeann said Cassie usually tried to meet her daughter's father, Marcus Spanevelo, at a public location – typically a Walmart parking lot – but that he had recently been changing the meet-up locations. This time, the pair scheduled to meet in the parking lot of nearby Juana’s Pagodas restaurant.
[snip]
"Cassie,I’m trying to call you.What’s going on?" he wrote, in a series of text messages provided to Fox News Digital. His first message was sent at 9:40 p.m. Sunday. He then sent a second message that stated: "I’m freaking out case call me as soon as you get this message."
[snip]
A response came shortly thereafter, and stated: "I’m sorry, car was acting up, and I broke my phone. Marcus is working on it. I will stay at his place tonight. He is paying me some money to do some stuff around his house."

A later message from Cassie’s phone stated, "Let me see if he can get this fixed and I’ll call you."
[snip]
"No answer on the phone," Raeann said, of when her father tried to call Spanevelo. "But then he texted him a long paragraph and said, ‘Yeah, Cassie was having troubles. I was going to help her with her phone, but she ended up getting all upset and acting crazy,'" Raeann went on. Spanevelo did not respond to Fox News Digital’s request seeking comment and information.
[snip]
When asked why Spanevelo would be there [eta Birmingham Alabama for clarity], Johnson said he had work in the area. Johnson added that the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office’s entire Major Crimes Unit, which consists of 10 detectives, is working the case.

"We are intent on speaking with him again," Johnson said. He would not discuss Spanevelo’s recollection of events.
Missing Florida mom Cassie Carli felt 'extremely' unsafe around child's father before disappearance: sister

FINALLY a MSM article with the actual details I've seen on the FB missing page.
Tick Tock, mfer.

Editing to add this from the article:
"The sheriff added that about five or six witnesses had come forward so far, and said investigators are still examining surveillance footage from the area. "
Tick Tock.

Last edited:
"We don't know what happened to her. We don't have any evidence specifically pointing to a homicide, or abduction, or any of those. We just know that the way she has gone missing concerns us greatly," said Sheriff Johnson.

The sheriff's office said evidence is limited, but the search for Carli has been extended outside the state of Florida
Florida woman's disappearance after meeting with ex leads detectives to Birmingham

like maybe Alabama? Tick Tock

"But Raeann Carli said her sister had previously made a point of meeting Saylor’s father in a public place, and said Cassie had felt "extremely" unsafe around him in the past. At times, their father would accompany her to the custody switch meetings."

"A response came shortly thereafter, and stated: "I’m sorry, car was acting up, and I broke my phone. Marcus is working on it. I will stay at his place tonight. He is paying me some money to do some stuff around his house."

bbm

These two things are completely contradictory.
Just no.

Missing Florida mom Cassie Carli felt 'extremely' unsafe around child's father before disappearance: sister

And IF she had the car trouble and broken phone, why not call her Dad from the Juana's place?

Wait, I thought she was picking up her daughter?

That is what I thought was conveyed from someone who watched the presser. I need to go watch and see if it was stated who was picking up the little girl.
This is another tragedy. I have a 4-year old granddaughter and she is a wealth of info when she spends the weekend. I hope LE will be able to question her before too long.

Has the Saylor's dad made any statements?
not publicly. To LE when they located daughter Saylor with him safe and sound. But that text from Cassie's phone saying she was going to stay at his house and he was going to fix her phone, followed by his to Cassie's dad has my hair standing on end. None of it adds up. I think we are on a recovery mission and her body could be anywhere across two states.

FINAL TEXTS: These are the last texts #CassieCarli’s father received from Cassie’s phone when she didn’t come home & disappeared.

The family tells me they’re certain Cassie didn’t send these, saying it’s not how she writes nor is it something she’d say.
View attachment 338640 View attachment 338641

https://twitter.com/wflajb/status/1509983137643782145?s=21&t=cgGfbcVSXM0KX6A9xCdbFg
IF those were not sent by Cassie, and I believe they weren't, ex shot himself in the foot by including himself in the info.
And what the devil is that last text?

would a stranger know the ex's name?

IF those were not sent by Cassie, and I believe they weren't, ex shot himself in the foot by including himself in the info.
These guys do this all the time. They try to cover their butts by pretending to be the victim, and invariably screw it up.

The cell phone data here is going to bury this guy, I'm totally convinced of that.

I think that last text uses a funny nickname or something.

would a stranger know the ex's name?

I've looked at those texts a few times. I wonder if the texts all came from CC's sister's phone but are of two conversations.

The texts in green seem to be from CC's sister to CC's phone. If so, I think "Sister Sledge" might be the sister's nickname for CC.

I think the dad's texts to CC's phone are from a screenshot of the dad's phone that maybe somehow the sister received. Dad's texts to CC's phone are in blue and were a screenshot from the dad's phone that CC's sister received.

Otherwise, the texts are rather confusing due to the different colors, etc.

These guys do this all the time. They try to cover their butts by pretending to be the victim, and invariably screw it up.

The cell phone data here is going to bury this guy, I'm totally convinced of that.

I think that last text uses a funny nickname or something.
And the first and last text messages are not iMessages - like the one message he sends while "she" (her phone) is responding. (The message between Cassie and her dad.)

Surely someone who knows about these things can tell us at least what the possible reasons for those messages to be text rather than iMessage? :oops::confused:

(edited because I realized only one message is an iMessage - which is when her phone was responding)

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShellBear77