GUILTY FL - Chance Walsh, 7 wks, North Port, 7 Oct 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
based on this article and the arrest affidavits, I believe KW likely did it, or else is covering for king hubby, and it happened on the 9th after gpa saw him, because she avoided gma the 9th and 11th and left soon after because of ppl checking on them, and because she told the woman at the motel that her child died 3 weeks earlier on the 29 or 30, and the 9th fits smack dab there.

A lot of good information.

9-week-old missing; jailed parents offer different stories

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/crime/2015/10/07/parents-jailed-case-missing-9-week-old/73532440/

Reading through that FB page something struck me. I wonder if there the mother is more than drug addict, but also extremely mentally ill along the lines of Munchausen by proxy. The way she goes on about her husband on her FB page is just odd and I get a strange feeling from the posts on the page dedicated to Duane. First baby died at 22 days, the second at maybe about 6 weeks or 42 days. (I believe Chance was born around Aug 10 and she posted a photo of him on Sept 21).

Mental illness and drug use often go hand-in-hand (self-medicating), but I'm not sure about MSBP. It does seem like a possibility, though.

I think the husband was arrested for domestic abuse a couple years ago. I have no doubt he is abusive towards her. But I also don't think that's an excuse for her to kill her child, of course.

I agree, I hope others didn't think that I suspected him only and am giving her a reasoning. I just wanted to point out the crazy love post on fb.

That is what is weird to me. They brought baby clothes but no carseat? I would think that the carseat would have more value and be something they were more likely to be able to sell than the baby clothes?

Makes me wonder about bodies of water along their "vacation" route and if somewhere along that route there is a carseat with a dead baby strapped into it on the bottom of a body of water.

A carseat might help act as a weight and keep a tiny body from floating to the surface.

If there is DV in the relationship then it is possible that the blood spatter found in the house is from something unrelated to baby Chance. But i's been reported that cadaver dogs did find possible decomp in the apartment, so Chance being alive is not likely :moo:

I was thinking along the same lines of DV and the blood spattered around. The cadaver dog hit is really telling :(

I know what you are talking about. I had a few flashes whenever my second was born and my oldest was three. I hated that feeling, but I think t might be something primal in nature, to protect the totally defenseless one. they are 21 and 17 now and I love them both with all I have.

After that, I am leaning more towards Kristen being the person who killed Chance and here is why. I gave a child up for adoption when my oldest was 3. I knew this was the best thing for her and my son and I was very confident in my decision. However, I remember the exact moment the bond (not sure that is the right term) with my son shifted. I did not understand it, I was appalled by it but it was there. It was a huge dark and horrible unidentifiable thing I felt and it horrified me. I thank God I got through it, but I still feel guilt to this day. I also thank God I somehow knew my feelings toward my son was unfair. My thinking is Kristen felt guilty for loving her new son after her other son died.

I don't think I can take a Casey Anthony reboot -

Child missing for month. Check.
Parents partying and drugging it up while baby is missing. Check.
Reported missing by grandmother. Check.
Parents telling bogus tales about what happened to baby. Check.
Parents arrested for child endangerment. Check.
Parents still refuse to reveal what happened to child. Check.

The only thing missing is the Zanny the Nanny (for now).

I was thinking about baby Gabriel. Only difference is the Cadaver hit and blood.... Hoping that holds them tightly in jail.

from what I understood in the arrest affidavit, she told her mom that when she called her AFTER they left, after the car accident. I think something told her mom that something was wrong though because they kept checking on her.

From the link Eileen posted above:

And this would be the grandmother that finally called police, saying she was concerned over the disappearance because the parents were longtime drug abusers. Why grandma, why leave that innocent baby with a mother who said she despised the child and you knew she was abusing drugs???? Nothing good could come from that situation. I don't want to slam on grandma but people really need to step up more for these voiceless children.

it puts it on the 9th. she stated this on 29 or 30.

Thanks for the correction cvaldez. I believe you right also about that being the time something happened to the baby. Although I've made an adjustment to my earlier theory of that being when he was killed. Those dang baby clothes she was trying to sell is really bugging me. So to account for that, I'm going with the theory that what happened around the 9th didn't kill baby Chance, but left enough damage to be easily recognized by friends/family, hence the get out of sight trip mentioned on the 17th. Which then leads me to believe he succumbed to those injuries during the trip and was disposed of down the road, maybe as tlcya mentioned, thrown into the water while strapped in the car seat. I just don't see a pair of addicts going to the trouble of packing clothes for him, but not a car seat, if he was already gone. I also agree with tlcya's thinking that some of the blood found probably belonged to the parents from a fight between the two. MOO

this is so horrible. we are about 40 min north of north port.

this is always mentioned but I don't see it in the same light at all. CA is not like lonna lauramore or this lady. these ladies are addicts. CA was a selfish, pampered girl who simply didn't want a kid. both are equally bad, but not the same.

I don't think I can take a Casey Anthony reboot -

Child missing for month. Check.
Parents partying and drugging it up while baby is missing. Check.
Reported missing by grandmother. Check.
Parents telling bogus tales about what happened to baby. Check.
Parents arrested for child endangerment. Check.
Parents still refuse to reveal what happened to child. Check.

The only thing missing is the Zanny the Nanny (for now).

Thanks for the correction cvaldez. I believe you right also about that being the time something happened to the baby. Although I've made an adjustment to my earlier theory of that being when he was killed. Those dang baby clothes she was trying to sell is really bugging me. So to account for that, I'm going with the theory that what happened around the 9th didn't kill baby Chance, but left enough damage to be easily recognized by friends/family, hence the get out of sight trip mentioned on the 17th. Which then leads me to believe he succumbed to those injuries during the trip and was disposed of down the road, maybe as tlcya mentioned, thrown into the water while strapped in the car seat. I just don't see a pair of addicts going to the trouble of packing clothes for him, but not a car seat, if he was already gone. I also agree with tlcya's thinking that some of the blood found probably belonged to the parents from a fight between the two. MOO

You're assuming there was a car seat. Thought I read somewhere, that the officers at the accident scene suggested there wasn't even enough room for another passenger, let alone a car seat. Curious as to why GPa saw the baby on the 9th? Why did Gma want to see the child on the 9th and 11th?

this does make sense, but the cadaver scent throws me.

Originally Posted by SthrnRaine View Post

And this would be the grandmother that finally called police, saying she was concerned over the disappearance because the parents were longtime drug abusers. Why grandma, why leave that innocent baby with a mother who said she despised the child and you knew she was abusing drugs???? Nothing good could come from that situation. I don't want to slam on grandma but people really need to step up more for these voiceless children.

Do you have any clue how difficult it is to get a Grandchild away from a "Parent" that's using? I spent two and a half years trying, the last year of that she spent it living on the street. Going to CPS was a lesion in futility, my Granddaughter would come to school reeking of drugs. Since she was to young to say just the words that they wanted to hear there was nothing they could do. Finally it took a really good Lawyer and a Judge that heard her case 3 times before, some people can't afford that.

You'll see that kind of blood spatter in shooting galleries and/or homes where a lot of IV drug use is going on. Even on the ceiling, believe it or not. It may not be the baby's blood.
Oh I so hope that is Junkie juice! I'm going to keep that in my head for now so that I can continue here.

Looking on comments at Mom's FB, people are beginning to comment. a supposed friend of hers is posting that she saw mom slap her two month old, may have been another baby of hers and not Chance, I dunno? It's all just rumor of course but it upsets me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The family contacted law enforcement after the pair told them they were in a vehicle crash in South Carolina, but offered varying explanations for what happened. In one retelling the family had slept in the woods after the crash and the child was unharmed, in another Chance died in the crash. They also claimed that they gave Chance to a woman named Kim Delaney while staying at the Red Carpet Inn in Augusta, Georgia.

Detectives contacted South Carolina law enforcement, who told them there was no baby in Bury and Walsh's vehicle at the time of the crash, and that there was no room for a car seat. Investigators also confirmed with Georgia law enforcement that the couple stayed at the Augusta hotel, but that there was no baby with them.

http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/loca...cle_2ad3fe8c-6dc7-11e5-8775-7f9d086af7c1.html

More at the link. Nothing new but it gives a good summary of what is currently known.

I'm not holding out hope that baby Chance is still alive. :(

So we have a drag addict father with DV history, a drug addict mother who lost another child and expressed hostile feelings to this one. Yeah, I don't think poor Chance is alive any longer. So sad.

I have empathy to a point. I know that after giving birth, I was not the same for several months - fragile, emotional, hormonal, some PPD, etc. But if you mix that in with drug addiction and trying to deal with feelings of guilt because you have to care for another baby but haven't dealth with the loss of another (except to self-medicate)?! Clearly this woman was not in a good place. Obviously this doesn't excuse what happened, though. I wish she would have reached out for help ( to someone other than the grandma, I guess). :(

Do you have any clue how difficult it is to get a Grandchild away from a "Parent" that's using? I spent two and a half years trying, the last year of that she spent it living on the street. Going to CPS was a lesion in futility, my Granddaughter would come to school reeking of drugs. Since she was to young to say just the words that they wanted to hear there was nothing they could do. Finally it took a really good Lawyer and a Judge that heard her case 3 times before, some people can't afford that.

Unfortunately yes, I do understand, but in this specific case the mother was telling her own mother she didn't want the child and was afraid she was going to hurt him. The parents where trying to pawn the baby off on g-mom because they despised him. The g-mom or at least some responsible family member could have taken him in without having to fight the parents or courts, and we probably wouldn't be discussing this baby right now.

I'm sorry for your ordeal, but I'm glad it was finally resolved. Bless you for being strong and doing right by your granddaughter.

I think that they used the "vacation" to dispose of Chances remains.

Or, is it likely at all that they had his little body somewhere in that car and it was missed? Could have been under a seat or in the trunk. I mean they weren't looking for baby, right? How would first responders even know.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member