GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #5 *GRAPHIC CONTENT*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I worry his Son will only end up getting hurt out of this. No amount of Prayer, forgiveness etc. etc. will help his killer father. He is a psychopath and only seeks what he can get from others including his Son. I wouldn't be surprised if killer has nothing to do with him in the near future. Killer needed him. Today. IMO

The forgiveness is for himself, not his dad. I was impressed by this young man (I just watched the video because I missed it earlier) I would feel sad for him if he loses his father to the death penalty but I still think he deserves the death penalty.

I do feel for Donald Jr. and he certainly was not what I expected. He seems like a fine young man. I wish him well. I just hope he is not hurt any further from his Father.

I do feel for Donald Jr. and he certainly was not what I expected. He seems like a fine young man. I wish him well. I just hope he is not hurt any further from his Father.

He was not at all what I expected either. I was picturing something more like Aaron Lewis (Beverly Carter's murderer). Not that I thought he would be a murderer, but I expected that type of man.

The forgiveness is for himself, not his dad. I was impressed by this young man (I just watched the video because I missed it earlier) I would feel sad for him if he loses his father to the death penalty but I still think he deserves the death penalty.

So much collateral damage. I want more for his son. However, more than that...I want his father to receive the harshest punishment. I do feel very badly for him. I can't imagine the damage all this is doing. And the dude on trial probably doesn't care!

Walmart manager details haunting night Cherish Perrywinkle kidnapped

Carlissa Ivey says night of June 21, 2013, changed her life forever

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/walmart-manager-details-haunting-night-cherish-perrywinkle-disappeared

A former manager of a Northside Walmart tearfully relived the haunting night she was on duty when 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle walked out of the store with Donald Smith.Carlissa Ivey said the terror she felt the night of June 21, 2013 changed her life forever.

Ivey then went straight to view the store's surveillance video, which showed Smith walking out of the front entrance with Cherish by his side.

Ivey, who now has three children, said her motherly instincts immediately kicked in.

Listening to the jail recordings I think...

"I'd like to run into her at Walmart..." That literally gave me chills and made me sick to my stomach. So sick.

Sorry that I'm behind... trying to catch up - three jobs doesn't make that too easy, ergh.

Was this article posted before...:thinking:

Controversy Follows UC Irvine Scientist’s Brain Scan Testimony

"Long one of UC Irvine’s most expensive medical investments, the PET Brain Imaging Center has given physicians an unmatched tool in the fight against diseases from cancer to dementia.

The facility allows physicians to use radioactive compounds to observe brain activity in living individuals, engendering research programs and eventually developing new treatments.

But in recent years, the center and a long-time clinical director, Dr. Joseph C. Wu, have earned a national reputation for dubious use of the technology for forensic diagnoses in court cases, which records show can bring in more than $20,000 per case.

On America’s most-populated death row in Florida, Wu has accumulated an unorthodox group of patients — at least a dozen murderers convicted of some of the state’s most heinous capital offenses..."

https://voiceofoc.org/2014/04/controversy-follows-uc-irvine-scientists-brain-scan-testimony/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems Wu's testimony wasn't very popular in California, so he moved on to Florida. From your link,

Wu had provided his office with UC Irvine brain scans of the defendant, Rose said, purporting to show frontal lobe brain damage indicated by a specific color. But those scans were misplaced, so the prosecutor sought a second set.
When the new set arrived, Rose said, he discovered they were different than the first set, which subsequently had been found.
“He had manipulated the colors in the images,” said Rose.
“I was very skeptical if this was true science. He was not doing this for truthful purposes but as a way to make money.”

I keep thinking, with the son testifying... I feel bad for him, I really do. but I don't think he would EVER forgive himself if he plead for dad to get out at some point, and then he hurt someone else again. That's going over and over in my head. I understand that dad is 100% likely to NEVER get out of jail... but that would stay at the front of my mind if I were in this situation.

Gah. The hurt from both sides. One selfish act hurt SO many people.

I think DS's son would suffer more, knowing that his father is behind bars for the rest of his life. I think he would worry about him constantly -- despite what he has done. If his father is executed, time will heal his son's wounds. That sounds callous, maybe, but I know that when my father died in his sleep suddenly I reflected back on what I would have done if he had been very ill for a period of time, suffered, and then died. I thank God that my dad did not have to suffer.

I keep thinking, with the son testifying... I feel bad for him, I really do. but I don't think he would EVER forgive himself if he plead for dad to get out at some point, and then he hurt someone else again. That's going over and over in my head. I understand that dad is 100% likely to NEVER get out of jail... but that would stay at the front of my mind if I were in this situation.

Gah. The hurt from both sides. One selfish act hurt SO many people.

Don't worry, Dad won't get out. I think the son just wants to have the chance to maintain some sort of relationship with him.

No matter what happens with DS, nothing will bring little Cherish back to us. That is the tragedy. You have to believe that she is in a better place, and I do.

Judge should have said 9 a.m. Then jurors would already be in their seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damo