GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #5 *GRAPHIC CONTENT*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's back to pretending to read, shuffling papers, playing with glasses.

Love that they are showing the split screen
I'm just so thankful we don't have to watch him coloring with crayons.

He has stressed over and over how DS would have gotten a life sentence for the brutal rape of Cherish

Calculation, forethought for killing Cherish for his benefit of not getting caught, premeditation...not impulse control

Calculation, forethought for killing Cherish for his benefit of not getting caught, premeditation...not impulse control

He made a great distinction between the fact that they are not sentencing him for the kidnapping and rape. That sentence is already a given. They are sentencing him for the murder, which had nothing to do with impulse control.

"Donald Smith is not deserving of your mercy."

PREACH!

Go on there prosecution, give the jury no doubts (not that I think they have any).

Showing that beautiful photo of Cherish to jury...

I'm so glad we're being spared the photos of Cherish after he was done with her.

Can someone tell me....during jury selection, are the jurors asked how they feel about the death penalty? Meaning, is it possible to have a juror who is 100% anti death penalty on the jury?

Prosecution closing argument has ended. Recess before defense closing argument.

Does anyone know which site will upload the closing videos first? I missed out tuning in today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you have to be death-qualified to serve on a DP jury.
I guess there can always be a stealth juror though.
For personal reasons I couldn't serve on one, but I am glad that there are those that can.

Can someone tell me....during jury selection, are the jurors asked how they feel about the death penalty? Meaning, is it possible to have a juror who is 100% anti death penalty on the jury?

Yes this is a crucial part of juror selection. They are not allowed to serve if they feel strongly one way or the other. I believe these jurors were asked to rank their beliefs on DP out of 5 and all the selected jurors selected 2/5 or 3/5. (Of course sometimes people lie, but if it can be proven from, for example, a social media post, they can be charged with perjury)

The jury has to be DP qualified. During voire dire, they are asked about their ability to decide if they are capable of imposing the death penalty.

If they say "absolutely no" they are let go. However, there are some people who waver and say such things as "I think I can" or something like that.

We had one such person on the Casey Anthony trial. Not that she made much difference since that jury decided that the little mommy was innocent.

Very powerful ending how he showed pictures of Cherish before and after she encountered DS. A lot of reporters noted some jurors were wiping tears.

anne schindler
@schindy
·
12m
Caliel shows jurors the first picture they saw of Cherish Perrywinkle, then contrasts with pics of her dead body. Several jurors are crying and wiping tears @FCN2go #DonaldSmith

I hate that I am so behind. I am just now watching the defense make the starting of their closing statements... still 7 1/2 hours of video to watch before I am caught up. Gah. Can I just call in sick today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam