FL FL - Cieha Taylor, 28, dropped off bf, car found on tracks, Plant City, 6 Feb 2020 *Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cieha Taylor was last seen on February 6, 2020, when she dropped her boyfriend off at home in Plant City, Florida, just a few blocks from a call center where she worked. A few hours later, around 7 p.m., Cieha’s black 2000 Toyota Solaris was found abandoned about a mile away on railroad tracks at East Trapnell Road. The engine was still running. Her belongings, including her cell phone and debit card, were in the car. Cieha’s family told Dateline that about three weeks after Cieha went missing, her shoes were discovered on a drainage pipe alongside the road near the railroad tracks where her car had been found. A flier announcing her disappearance hung on a post next to the shoes. Crystal Clark, the Chief Communications Clerk for Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office would not confirm further details to Dateline, but said “Cieha’s disappearance is still an active an open case” and that they are continuing to investigate. Cieha’s family hopes someone with information will call authorities. They have also set up a Facebook page “Finding Cieha,” with the hope of finding answers in her case. Cieha was last seen wearing a gray, white, blue and red striped dress, possibly with a pink sweater over it. She is described as being approximately 5’6,” and 170 lbs. She has auburn/red shoulder-length hair. Anyone with information on Cieha’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at 813-247-8200.
upload_2021-2-10_13-59-40.jpeg
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

Finding Cieha

Feb 10
A year ago today (Feb 10 2020) the initial missing persons report was filed with HCSO that in fact Cieha was missing. No one had heard from her since Feb 6 2020.

Although it’s been a year, it seems we are no closer to finding our girl! This past year has been devastating to say the least!

I wonder who is in possession of her car at this point. Maybe hiring a private company to collect and test hair, collect fingerprints, etc would be helpful.

I believe I recall reading that her mother has the car at this point. I am not 100% sure on that; I’d have to go hunt the link down to check.

I wonder who is in possession of her car at this point. Maybe hiring a private company to collect and test hair, collect fingerprints, etc would be helpful.

LE has more resources and mostly the funds to do this, and they most surely did but didn't get anything from it. A family would have to pay a private company, and it is not cheap, and they don't have access to the data files LE has. They can't run it against CODIS, or search engines for fingerprints. I really think this is going to come down to good old fashion gum shoe work. Talking to people will get them answers LE not the family. I know it is frustrating, but there are things that are off or not right here, but with that said, that could be a good thing for Cieha.

I believe I recall reading that her mother has the car at this point. I am not 100% sure on that; I’d have to go hunt the link down to check.
I would think by now the family got the car back. Once they go over it with forensics and get what they need, they call the family and see if they want it back. In her case, there wasn't any real damage to the car, so I would think they would want it back.

LE has more resources and mostly the funds to do this, and they most surely did but didn't get anything from it. A family would have to pay a private company, and it is not cheap, and they don't have access to the data files LE has. They can't run it against CODIS, or search engines for fingerprints. I really think this is going to come down to good old fashion gum shoe work. Talking to people will get them answers LE not the family. I know it is frustrating, but there are things that are off or not right here, but with that said, that could be a good thing for Cieha.
Yeah I'm sure they did process it. However, it is a nagging suspicion that, if the cop who moved the car and didn't report it, was involved would they hold the Blue Code? Did they do a thorough job? They haven't released the officer's name. What else won't they release? It's been bugging me.

Yeah I'm sure they did process it. However, it is a nagging suspicion that, if the cop who moved the car and didn't report it, was involved would they hold the Blue Code? Did they do a thorough job? They haven't released the officer's name. What else won't they release? It's been bugging me.

Plus the fact that it was looked through and driven by individuals after it was found before officials processed it.

Plus the fact that it was looked through and driven by individuals after it was found before officials processed it.
Can you elaborate on this? Are you referring to the cop who found it, and moved it? Or family?

I thought the cop found the car, and it was before anyone called to report her missing. Also wasn't the car running when the cop found it? So again how long was it there, running, how much gas was left? Is there anyway to know when she filled up the car? That would help determine some time line or how long the car was there on the tracks.

I think the car Cieha was driving belonged to her Mom.
All of the cars that was at the boyfriends friends house when she received that threat and went missing the same day would be of interest, the cars, the house and grounds.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate on this? Are you referring to the cop who found it, and moved it? Or family?

I thought the cop found the car, and it was before anyone called to report her missing. Also wasn't the car running when the cop found it? So again how long was it there, running, how much gas was left? Is there anyway to know when she filled up the car? That would help determine some time line or how long the car was there on the tracks.

Yes, I’m referring to the 9th, after the car had been sitting off the road for a couple of days.

This is from a previous post:

Detective Florio’s exact words when describing Cieha’s car being noticed/found again on Feb 9:

“So on the 9th is when the boyfriend's mother comes to drop some belongings off to the friend's house and notices Cieha Taylor's vehicle parked on the side of the road. The mother informs the boyfriendabout it, and he comes up there and says, "Oh, something's wrong. She left the house on Thursday." And they ended up getting in contact with the friend whose house it was in Lakeland. She comes over to the area. The decision was made by the people at the vehicle at the time to drive the vehicle to Dade City where Cieha Taylor's mother lives. They ended up contacting AAA to open the vehicle for them.”
BBM

‎Unfinished Business: Cieha Taylor on Apple Podcasts

Cieha Annette Taylor – The Charley Project

Case file added Feb 11 2021

upload_2021-2-11_21-45-10.jpeg

Details of Disappearance
Taylor was last seen in Plant City, Florida on February 6, 2020. She dropped her boyfriend off at his residence on Cowart Road at 4:00 p.m. and left. At 7:00 p.m. her car, a black two-door Toyota Solara with faded paint, was found unlocked and running on the railroad tracks at east Trapnell Road, just west of Jap Tucker Road. This was about a mile from her boyfriend's house. Her belongings, including her debit card and cellular phone, were inside it. There was no sign of her and she has never been heard from again.

Three weeks after Taylor's disappearance, her shoes were found on a drainage pipe near the road where her car had been abandoned, next to a telephone pole that had a missing persons flier about her hanging on it. Taylor's mother believes the shoes were deliberately placed there some time after she went missing; she stated the area had been previously searched multiple times.

It's uncharacteristic of Taylor to leave without warning and her family believes she met with foul play. Her case remains unsolved.

Yes, I’m referring to the 9th, after the car had been sitting off the road for a couple of days.

This is from a previous post:

Detective Florio’s exact words when describing Cieha’s car being noticed/found again on Feb 9:

“So on the 9th is when the boyfriend's mother comes to drop some belongings off to the friend's house and notices Cieha Taylor's vehicle parked on the side of the road. The mother informs the boyfriendabout it, and he comes up there and says, "Oh, something's wrong. She left the house on Thursday." And they ended up getting in contact with the friend whose house it was in Lakeland. She comes over to the area. The decision was made by the people at the vehicle at the time to drive the vehicle to Dade City where Cieha Taylor's mother lives. They ended up contacting AAA to open the vehicle for them.”
BBM

‎Unfinished Business: Cieha Taylor on Apple Podcasts

Was that the first and only time that the boyfriends Mother went to the boyfriends friends house?

What things did she drop off ?

How far did she travel to take the items to her son at his friends house?

Was driving past where Ciehas car was sitting THE ONLY WAY to arrive at the boyfriends friends house?

Would the drive past where Ciehas car was sitting be a longer route?

Last edited:
“So on the 9th is when the boyfriend's mother comes to drop some belongings off to the friend's house and notices Cieha Taylor's vehicle parked on the side of the road. The mother informs the boyfriendabout it, and he comes up there and says, "Oh, something's wrong. She left the house on Thursday."

So on the 9th is when the boyfriend's mother comes to drop some belongings off to the friend's house and notices Cieha Taylor's vehicle parked on the side of the road.

So for THREE DAYS Ciehas car sit within walking distance from where the boyfriends Mother dropped off items at the boyfriends friends house.
What was the boyfriends employment?
What was the boyfriends friends employment?
if employed, did they work on Thursday Feb 6 or the following Friday or Saturday?
Where was the employment job site?

Last edited:
copied from page 1 of this thread

At approximately 4 p.m. on February 6, Cieha Taylor, 28, left a residence on Cowart Road in Plant City after dropping off her boyfriend. Taylor’s vehicle was later found abandoned on the railroad tracks at East Trapnell Road, just west of Jap Tucker Road. Taylor has not been seen since.

Taylor's car is a black 2 door Toyota Solara with faded paint. It was parked on the railroad track on Trapnell Rd sometime after 4:00pm on 2/6/20. Deputies located the vehicle on the railroad tracks at 7pm.

So her car ran for about 3 hours if the car was abandoned right after leaving BF's friend's house.

And the BF's mom is dropping off cloths to him on Feb 9th and sees her car. When is she reported missing by her family? I am trying to put together a timeline and I don't have all the pieces, because more comes out....

At approximately 4 p.m. on February 6, Cieha Taylor, 28, left a residence on Cowart Road in Plant City after dropping off her boyfriend. Taylor’s vehicle was later found abandoned on the railroad tracks at East Trapnell Road, just west of Jap Tucker Road. Taylor has not been seen since.

Taylor's car is a black 2 door Toyota Solara with faded paint. It was parked on the railroad track on Trapnell Rd sometime after 4:00pm on 2/6/20. Deputies located the vehicle on the railroad tracks at 7pm.

So her car ran for about 3 hours if the car was abandoned right after leaving BF's friend's house.

And the BF's mom is dropping off cloths to him on Feb 9th and sees her car. When is she reported missing by her family? I am trying to put together a timeline and I don't have all the pieces, because more comes out....

Her car would only have been running for 3 hours if she was the person that was driving her car?

Her family didn’t report her missing because she didn’t live with her family. They didn’t know she was missing until after the boyfriends Mom seen the car.

Last edited:

The podcast from HCSO is very helpful with giving a timeline IMO...the podcast is only about 12 mins long I believe, but it may help with a timeline.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back