GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would take some pretty cold, unthinking people, to murder the father of two little kids for no reason other than to get their way in some endeavor or another.
Lawyers, imo would do what they are best at doing - send legal letters, sue and fight things out in a court of law.
I need to decide if I want to rehash this.

What about married, well educated, younger divorcing people but have 2 kids in the mix? All bets are off. One wants to go South and the other to NYC. What ya gonna do? No legal letters etc. is going to help solve that.

On another note, I noticed one of those pretty green Prius's in my neighborhood the other day. Looked to be new. I do live in Florida but....

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

A family that wants to maintain a relationship with their grandchildren might be inclined to keep what they think to themselves and hope that the law will catch up to the killer.

A family that wants to maintain a relationship with their grandchildren might be inclined to keep what they think to themselves and hope that the law will catch up to the killer.

I so agree with you! These little boys are the carriers of the Markels name. The last thing Dan's parents want to do, is get on the bad side of their grandchildren's mother! Being she is a lawyer and from a well-to -do family, Dan's parents could have one he77 of a fight on their hands should they ever say the wrong thing about his murder, their suspicions, or anything to really upset her.
I hope she is giving his parents plenty of visitation with the boys.

I agree, that is if her parents had anything to do with this and Quite a drastic measure if they did! On the other hand since this car came up so quickly behind him who's to say it wasn't road rage.

I agree, that is if her parents had anything to do with this and Quite a drastic measure if they did! On the other hand since this car came up so quickly behind him who's to say it wasn't road rage.
The perp was in the driveway when Dan drove up. Doesn't sound like road rage...and police can"t say for sure the Prius was
the killer's car.

I'm going to need the complete case file. Too much left unsaid.

I need to decide if I want to rehash this.

What about married, well educated, younger divorcing people but have 2 kids in the mix? All bets are off. One wants to go South and the other to NYC. What ya gonna do? No legal letters etc. is going to help solve that.

On another note, I noticed one of those pretty green Prius's in my neighborhood the other day. Looked to be new. I do live in Florida but....

Not uncommon for feelings to run high about relocating after a divorce. All feelings are heightened at such times. However, time really does change such feelings. Most people come to understand that once two people have kids together, no distance or divorce will change that fact. They are tied together by having kids together. jmo I really doubt that this was the reason DM was murdered, although it does seem like a targeted killing. jmo

Not uncommon for feelings to run high about relocating after a divorce. All feelings are heightened at such times. However, time really does change such feelings. Most people come to understand that once two people have kids together, no distance or divorce will change that fact. They are tied together by having kids together. jmo I really doubt that this was the reason DM was murdered, although it does seem like a targeted killing. jmo
When pictures first came out of the Prius, it appeared to be silver.
When I saw the police video (much later and only because it was posted here) the car was actually the light metallic green)

That was a shocker because certainly these green Prius's are not that common. ( in fact, watching the police video was the first time I' ever seen one of that color) and then again in my neighborhood just a few days ago. They are unique.

So, valuable time and energy was spent by the residents of Fl and beyond looking for a silver one.

So, how many people today know it was actually a green one? Probably not many.

I was in my safety deposit box today and found my husband's Title to his old red Prius that he traded in a year ago. How can
the dealership (this time he bought a Ford C max) trade the car without the title?

So....what if the green Prius was traded in for something else? Without the title, would there be a record of the previous owner?

If the car was stolen just for the
crime and then returned to the owner, isn't that taking a HUGE
risk. Two crimes in a day?

Maybe it wasn't a hit afterall. Maybe the perp got lucky that everyone was looking for a silver
Prius.

I think the car is a huge key. A better attempt needs to be put out there about the true color of the car. JMO

They do a title search through the state and make a new one, it happens all the time. At the dealers you sign a paper, I have traded plenty of cars without the actual title given to the dealer.

They do a title search through the state and make a new one, it happens all the time. At the dealers you sign a paper, I have traded plenty of cars without the actual title given to the dealer.
Is there a way to do a search via make and color?

When pictures first came out of the Prius, it appeared to be silver.
When I saw the police video (much later and only because it was posted here) the car was actually the light metallic green)

That was a shocker because certainly these green Prius's are not that common. ( in fact, watching the police video was the first time I' ever seen one of that color) and then again in my neighborhood just a few days ago. They are unique.

So, valuable time and energy was spent by the residents of Fl and beyond looking for a silver one.

So, how many people today know it was actually a green one? Probably not many.

I was in my safety deposit box today and found my husband's Title to his old red Prius that he traded in a year ago. How can
the dealership (this time he bought a Ford C max) trade the car without the title?

So....what if the green Prius was traded in for something else? Without the title, would there be a record of the previous owner?

If the car was stolen just for the
crime and then returned to the owner, isn't that taking a HUGE
risk. Two crimes in a day?

Maybe it wasn't a hit afterall. Maybe the perp got lucky that everyone was looking for a silver
Prius.

I think the car is a huge key. A better attempt needs to be put out there about the true color of the car. JMO

Glad you cleared that up because I think we all thought it was silver. My sister and hubby have a light green one and I've have seen quite a few green ones in our area. I thought when Dan was on the phone with someone in his garage, he said "someone is in my driveway I don't know who it is." So I, assumed, this person pulled in after him, thus making me think of road rage. I could be wrong on the sequence.

Glad you cleared that up because I think we all thought it was silver. My sister and hubby have a light green one and I've have seen quite a few green ones in our area. I thought when Dan was on the phone with someone in his garage, he said "someone is in my driveway I don't know who it is." So I, assumed, this person pulled in after him, thus making me think of road rage. I could be wrong on the sequence.
I could be wrong too. Somehow it's hard to imagine a person in a Prius having road rage. But then, it appears that the person in the Prius shot Dan! Your guess is as good as mine. What area of the US do you live in?

Is there a way to do a search via make and color?

There must be through law enforcement. I remember when they have been looking for a black impala in connection a mother daughter murder, but there are thousands in that area.

Apparently popular cars with Uber drivers..
83f03a68-d586-11e5-b970-e7d087306cae-1020x652.jpg
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/data/prius-hybrid-huggers-have-unexpected-hotbed/

I figured the Prius hot spots would be in North Seattle — or perhaps Vashon Island — and indeed, both of those areas have some of the highest ownership rates in the county. They fit the stereotype: liberal, affluent, white.

But I didn’t anticipate similar levels of ownership just south of Seattle, in a highly diverse and economically challenged area that is home to many newly arrived immigrants.

In fact, the ZIP code that ranks No. 1 for the highest rate of Prius ownership is 98188, in SeaTac and Tukwila. The data show there are 414 Priuses for every 10,000 car-owning households, handily beating out the second-highest ZIP code, Seattle’s 98115, which includes the Ravenna neighborhood.

So what’s going on south of Seattle? I decided I’d ask someone who might know, so I called Toyota of Renton and spoke with sales consultant Joen Fisi.

“It’s very different now from the previous generation of Prius buyers,” he said. “I get five to seven customers a week who are Uber drivers from around Tukwila and SeaTac asking about specials on Priuses — and I’m just one of 20 in our sales department.”

The county does not share data on Uber drivers, so we’ll have to rely on anecdote that many reside around Tukwila and SeaTac, where about 40 percent of the population is foreign-born.

“
It’s an incentive within the Uber platform for drivers to get the lowest cost possible per mile” — in other words, they pay for their own gas — “and that leads naturally to using fuel-efficient vehicles like Priuses to reduce their gas cost.” Priuses can get more than 50 mpg in city driving.

I am rereading this case. I recommend it as there are items I had forgotten about. Big items.

I am rereading this case. I recommend it as there are items I had forgotten about. Big items.

What items ? Sounds interesting, and i'm going to re-read myself. jmo

Why don't you link the post you think is important, or at least give us the pot number. Thanks in advance.

Why don't you link the post you think is important, or at least give us the pot number. Thanks in advance.
just started Tapatalk and can't figure how to link the post. I am
not good w/ this as I'm afraid of pressing the wrong button.....so,
it is post 65 on 7-25-14 by popscicle who replied to Dotr's post. I have not gotten beyond that point yet but I had forgotten that. Also, read my post #66 .
Adelson hired professional movers while her husband was away for a short business trip, and that she left town with her belongings and the children.

“This abrupt and cruel departure shocked Mr. Markel, who, in a six-year marriage unmarked by any abuse, addiction or infidelity, was devoted to his wife and children,” his attorneys wrote. “For six weeks, Ms. Adelson gave no correct information regarding where she lived with the children.”

Several months later, Adelson asked a judge for permission to relocate with the kids to South Florida, where her family lived and she had been offered a job at a private law firm. Her request was denied.

WOW

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/07/25/4255588/the-shooting-death-of-a-well-known.html#storylink=cpy

just started Tapatalk and can't figure how to link the post. I am
not good w/ this as I'm afraid of pressing the wrong button.....so,
it is post 65 on 7-25-14 by popscicle who replied to Dotr's post. I have not gotten beyond that point yet but I had forgotten that. Also, read my post #66 .

I saw this too. It usually takes something huge for a woman to just up and move out of her house, taking the children. I had wondered about the reason for the divorce...I think it would tel a lot. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member