GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember, they had to get a subpoena to get Sunpass toll records. That was 7/16/2015, according to the PC. Right around your article came out. For the subpoena, they had to submit the cell site data of phones used by Garcia and Rivera to the Florida Department of Transportation. How did they get the cell site data without knowing who Garica and Rivera are? I don't see how their identities could not have been known by then. Perhaps they were considered just suspects then and TPD thought other leads (orthodox Jews and unhappy law students) may have been legitimate. We don't know for sure and they may have known just their cell numbers by that time. Remember, they didn't approach the rental company until they got the subpoena, which was after 7/16/2015, after the article came out. Those are inferences from the PC and articles that have come out since. Like I said, I could be wrong if any of the facts are wrong. But I tend to think the reasoning is sound.

I've been wondering how they made the leap from the fact that it was a Prius to these two specific individuals if the license plate wasn't visible in the videos. I wonder if it was cell tower dumps--get a list of all phone numbers that interacted with the tower serving the location where the Prius was spotted at a specific time and bump that against lists from other times and towers from other times the Prius was spotted.

I also think it is doubly cruel to have planned the murder on the day that Dan had the kids. Unless the mother was going to pick them up at school, I think that Dan would have been the one to pick them up that day after school - they would have been waiting for him and would have very confused why he was not there and then to learn that he was murdered. That day will forever be etched in their brains and it is just insanely cruel to do what they did.

This is one part of the case that really makes me think... if I was going to have my ex killed the only thing I know for sure is that the kids would be with me, no chance of them being with him due to all the what ifs.
However, they're safe at daycare, surely expected dad to pick them up, as it was his week with them. I wonder who did pick them up, WA was lunching with friends and then spent (8?) hours with TPD...
I wonder how quickly grandma arrived in town?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Remember, they had to get a subpoena to get Sunpass toll records. That was 7/16/2015, according to the PC. Right around your article came out.

The probable cause affidavit does not give the date of the subpoena.
"A subpoena was sent... for Sunpass toll records... on Alligator Alley...on July 16th and July 18th, 2014."

The PC was obviously crafted to avoid disclosing any such specific information- they knew this document might go public:

"Garcia was arrested at 9:11 PM. The following day....TPD spokesman Officer David Northway drafted up two versions of talking points, one for if the document was sealed and another if it was unsealed."

I didn't say he's a gang member. I said "[H]e is thought to have possible gang ties." Why? Because he's an associate or acquaintance of King Tato, who is the "First Crown of the North Miami Tribe." What's the chance Rivera would show his revolver to a non-gang member or non-associate? If you're not acquainted with or associated with Rivera, would you let someone with a revolver rent a room in your name? This was in Tallahassee's 2 motel corridors: W Tennessee and N Monroe, where cheapo establishments like Rodeway Inns, Motel 6s, Red Roof Inns and La Quinta predominate. It does not require a leap to connect the dots here. At the last count, the reward for a tip that leads to the capture of Markel's killer had skyrocketed to $125,000, which probably exceeds what the killers made for rubbing out Markel. At that rate, any associate of Rivera or Garcia would be tempted.

Rivera was specifically cited for witness-tampering when he was sentenced in January 2016.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-latin-kings-indictment-20150512-story.html

TPD said revealing the PC may have endangered the safety of someone mentioned in the PC. There are 2 witnesses mentioned in the PC. Another is a resident of Ashford not familiar with Garcia or Rivera. Whose life do you think is in danger but this particular witness who saw Rivera's revolver, which has been tied to the crime? The PC describes the witness as someone "whose identity is known to the law enforcement ... " That usually suggests anonymity is necessary for personal safety. Again, I say probably. I don't know for certain. But you read between the lines and it's pretty telling. But these are inferences, not facts. If you want a sure thing, wait until all the facts come out.
That's all I wanted to know. Did you connect the dots solely through fact or was it your reasoning that got you there. Even though your theory is made through sound deductions, I don't necessarily agree. Also, during the press conference, the C of P stated that the reward $ had nothing to do with any of their information.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I've been wondering how they made the leap from the fact that it was a Prius to these two specific individuals if the license plate wasn't visible in the videos. I wonder if it was cell tower dumps--get a list of all phone numbers that interacted with the tower serving the location where the Prius was spotted at a specific time and bump that against lists from other times and towers from other times the Prius was spotted.
I figure they got the names of Garcia and Rivera and telephone #'s in 2 ways.

1).Either from the unidentified witness who knew Rivera and Garcia or:

2). phone cell dumps

The PC doesn't say how, when or why this unknown witness gave them information.

The police had the cell tower info before they subpoenaed DOT records. Did police get the numbers from searches of towers from specific places and times and sift through all the numbers to find viable #s (sounds labor intensive) or do they have to have the actual #s and names before requesting a search of cell phone towers?

I understand how they connected the dots after they got the #s and names, I just want to know how they got their names and numbers. And why it took so long to get them.

I hope this makes sense.

That's all I wanted to know. Did you connect the dots solely through fact or was it your reasoning that got you there. Even though your theory is made through sound deductions, I don't necessarily agree. Also, during the press conference, the C of P stated that the reward $ had nothing to do with any of their information.

You have to remember this isn't your average homicide. The POI's in this case are well educated, well connected, and well off 'elites' with a thorough understanding of criminal law. When I first heard about the unsealing of the affidavit I was incensed. It seemed like such egregious sabotage, but after thinking about it for a period of time (as well as taking into account other POV's in this thread,) I have come to believe it was a carefully executed LE strategy. So while many things don't add up, I don't think it's because LE hasn't been 110% invested and dedicated to solving this murder. They're just up against a group of individuals who probably know statute & case law better than they do. They have to be extremely diligent, triple check, document, redact and throw an occasional curve ball every step of the way. Normal rules don't apply.

You have to remember this isn't your average homicide. The POI's in this case are well educated, well connected, and well off 'elites' with a thorough understanding of criminal law. When I first heard about the unsealing of the affidavit I was incensed. It seemed like such egregious sabotage, but after thinking about it for a period of time (as well as taking into account other POV's in this thread,) I have come to believe it was a carefully executed LE strategy. So while many things don't add up, I don't think it's because LE hasn't been 110% invested and dedicated to solving this murder. They're just up against a group of individuals who probably know statute & case law better than they do. They have to be extremely diligent, triple check, document, redact and throw an occasional curve ball every step of the way. Normal rules don't apply.
I most certainly agree this isn't your "run of the mill" homocide (is there such a thing?) But, I don't think Garcia or Rivera fit in with these well educated elites.

The A's education, well connectedness, their hubris, and the need for things to be the way they want them to be, has caused them to make decisions
outside of their wheelhouse. And those decisions will be/are their undoing.

I don't know how I feel about the PC being unsealed. I do think TPD and other agencies are giving their all to this investigation. I do question some of their tactics and I want to know why they do what they do. But thankfully, I'm not in charge of this investigation. [emoji4]

I most certainly agree this isn't your "run of the mill" homocide (is there such a thing?) But, I don't think Garcia or Rivera fit in with these well educated elites.

The A's education, well connectedness, their hubris, and the need for things to be the way they want them to be, has caused them to make decisions
outside of their wheelhouse. And those decisions will be/are their undoing.

I don't know how I feel about the PC being unsealed. I do think TPD and other agencies are giving their all to this investigation. I do question some of their tactics and I want to know why they do what they do. But thankfully, I'm not in charge of this investigation. [emoji4]

I wasn't referring to Garcia or Rivera, rather those who most likely hired them. That's ultimately who LE is after.

I wasn't referring to Garcia or Rivera, rather those who most likely hired them. That's ultimately who LE is after.
Yes, I understand that. But I
think Garcia, Rivera, KM and
this unidentified witness will be the key to sealing the A's fate.

Why do you think the unsealing of the PC is a curve ball or that it was done as a strategic move on LE'S part?

Yes, I understand that. But I
think Garcia, Rivera, KM and
this unidentified witness will be the key to sealing the A's fate.

Why do you think the unsealing of the PC is a curve ball or that it was done as a strategic move on LE'S part?

There are a lot of people in the legal community concerned about justice for Dan, it's doubtful LE would allow anything to jeopardize this case.

Question?????

Since Dan and Wendi were divorced at the time of his death, where was Wendi living? I assume with the children elsewhere in Tallahassee?

Thank you!

This is one part of the case that really makes me think... if I was going to have my ex killed the only thing I know for sure is that the kids would be with me, no chance of them being with him due to all the what ifs.
However, they're safe at daycare, surely expected dad to pick them up, as it was his week with them. I wonder who did pick them up, WA was lunching with friends and then spent (8?) hours with TPD...
I wonder how quickly grandma arrived in town?
please take this for whatever it's worth ... on the Justice for Dan facebook page, 8/15/15 post, the writer says that Dan was planning on flying to New York that same day he was killed... "On July 18, Dan planned to fly to NY and meet his client a few days later, in person for the first time."... https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Dan/?fref=ts ...I could be reading it wrong but sounds like it was a transition day for the children so grandma could have been there already...

Question?????

Since Dan and Wendi were divorced at the time of his death, where was Wendi living? I assume with the children elsewhere in Tallahassee?

Thank you!
Assuming that this is where WA continued to live after the divorce. On another note, just noticed now that she took Daniel's tennis racket, WHY? Insult to injury?
imo, speculation.

Adelson, court documents filed by Markel said, took whatever furniture and belongings she wanted for herself and the boys. No pajama bottoms, no diapers, no wipes, not even the elder son’s bed remained at the house. All that was left was a crib mattress on the floor. She also took Markel’s tennis racket and family jewelry, and removed hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash and equities from their bank and investment accounts.

For weeks, Markel said, Adelson gave “no correct information” on where the boys lived. He would later learn Adelson and the children moved to her parents' Coral Springs home.
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/06/04/markel-adelson-sparred-up-end/85381422/
rbbm.

There are a lot of people in the legal community concerned about justice for Dan, it's doubtful LE would allow anything to jeopardize this case.
Ok then. I'll try to relax. I needed to hear that. Thank you.

Assuming that this is where WA continued to live after the divorce. On another note, just noticed now that she took Daniel's tennis racket, WHY? Insult to injury?
imo, speculation.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/06/04/markel-adelson-sparred-up-end/85381422/
rbbm.

Just wow. Good thing the kitchen sink was bolted down. WA was out for blood.

I didn't know she took all of that plus all the assets.

She was walking all over Dan. Good grief.

Now I definitely think she told her brother to handle things. Jmo.

She knows he wouldn't tell on her. Jmo.

imo, speculation.

rbbm.

I don't know the exact timeline but I think after the plundering of the house and departure to south FL, she only lived down there a few months max before being ordered back to Tallahassee. So she had to be living somewhere in town, an apartment or whatever, I have no knowledge of where specifically. But that's the whole crux of the case, the motive for why she or her family would set up a hit on Dan .... she and the kids were stuck in Tallahassee indefinitely.

please take this for whatever it's worth ... on the Justice for Dan facebook page, 8/15/15 post, the writer says that Dan was planning on flying to New York that same day he was killed... "On July 18, Dan planned to fly to NY and meet his client a few days later, in person for the first time."... https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Dan/?fref=ts ...I could be reading it wrong but sounds like it was a transition day for the children so grandma could have been there already...

I doubt grandma was picking kids up since there was a fight in court over grandma's being alone with the children and she lives in Miami area. The plan was probably Wendi to pick kids up or get them when Dan left.

So granny nanny (DA) was a frequent visitor to Tallehassee as she was caring for the boys when WA was teaching and when WA had the boys. No wonder Dan was half crazed.

So, what happened that Dan decided to stay on the 18th instead of flying out. (or maybe he was later that afternoon)?

Granny must have been spitting nails as the hit didn"t take place on the day it was supposed to. And you're right, she was probably there in anticipation of picking up the boys. This makes me wonder more about this unidentified witness. Could he/she be a casual acquaintance of Granny? Did someone contact Granny on 7/17/14 to let her know there had been a change in plans? " Uh sorry, the hitmen fell in the ravine and got wet so it's a no go for today."

The probable cause on Granny is going to be something else.

I don't know the exact timeline but I think after the plundering of the house and departure to south FL, she only lived down there a few months max before being ordered back to Tallahassee. So she had to be living somewhere in town, an apartment or whatever, I have no knowledge of where specifically. But that's the whole crux of the case, the motive for why she or her family would set up a hit on Dan .... she and the kids were stuck in Tallahassee indefinitely.

Yes, I agree, that is the crux of the case. I had always thought she had moved away already. But then, the children were attending daycare/preschool in Tally. So, she and the children were living at an undisclosed location in Tally, sharing custody of children. What a huge motive!!! :gasp: Without Dan in the picture, she was free to move back home, with children, who are now, ALL HERS!!!

IMHO

Yes, I agree, that is the crux of the case. I had always thought she had moved away already. But then, the children were attending daycare/preschool in Tally. So, she and the children were living at an undisclosed location in Tally, sharing custody of children. What a huge motive!!! :gasp: Without Dan in the picture, she was free to move back home, with children, who are now, ALL HERS!!!

IMHO

rbbm.

Not quite all hers, imo.

I try to draw boundaries with my mom because lately there aren’t any. She’s caring for my children right now so I can be here in class, more like a co-parent than a grandmother

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/06/the-murder-of-dan-markel-wendi-adelson-speaks-part-3/?rf=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member