GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivera's trial has been moved up to Oct. 24.

[video=twitter;773875913050230784]https://twitter.com/KarlEtters/status/773875913050230784[/video]

http://www.wtxl.com/news/man-accused-of-killing-fsu-law-professor-back-in-court/article_185b8d26-753f-11e6-825e-3b0e55a2d761.html
Sigfredo Garcia was at the Leon County Courthouse Wednesday morning for his pre-trial case management hearing involving the murder of Dan Markel. His attorneys said that state prosecutors handed them a new hard drive with information they've gathered as part of their new discovery.

"The new discovery is something that we have to review and analyze to make a determination as to what we stand, but you know, it's an ongoing process. Discovery is fluid, cases are fluid, so at this point, it's premature to say," said Saam Zangeneh, Garcia's attorney.

Rivera's trial has been moved up to Oct. 24.

[video=twitter;773875913050230784]https://twitter.com/KarlEtters/status/773875913050230784[/video]
So if I'm not mistaken, the future and present timeline goes something like this:

Sept 7: Garcia has a case management conference where
once again, there was nothing to discuss and another wasted trip for Garcia's Miami attorney.

Sept. 8: Rivera has his calender call for a speedy trial. His trial date has been moved from Nov. 14 to Oct. 24.

Oct. 7: Garcia is FINALLY getting a bond hearing. (Good luck with that!)

Oct 24: Rivera's new trial date

Nov 14: Garcia's trial? Both Rivera and Garcia had originally been scheduled together.

It appears Rivera's attorney wants to get this show on the road sans Garcia.

Is Rivera going to rat on his buddy?

I'm thinking Garcia is toast but having a difficult time accepting that?

When do the Adelson ' s get served up on a platter? After the gunmen's trials?

Any thoughts or comments?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Perhaps an answer to a question posed earlier, concerning how much it would cost to hire a hit man..
http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/World/2016/09/08/22665119.html

Sep 8, 2016
NEW YORK — A rabbi and another man have been charged in New York City in a plot to kidnap and kill a man so his wife could be divorced consistent with her religious beliefs.
U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara says Shimen Liebowitz and Aharon Goldberg were arrested Tuesday in Central Valley while they met to plan what he calls a “chilling plot.” He says they planned to pay $55,000 to someone they thought would commit the murder but that person contacted the FBI.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/09/08/river-trial-markel-murder-set/89995590/
Rivera's trial in Markel murder set
1:46 p.m. EDT September 8, 2016
Luis Rivera, one of two men accused in the killing of Dan Markel, will go to trial Oct. 24.
In a court hearing Thursday, Rivera's attorney Chuck Collins motioned for a speedy trial. Rivera will be split from his co-defendant Sigfredo Garcia, who will stand trial Nov. 14.
[…]

rivera may rat and then in turn Garcia will rat on the a's

So if I'm not mistaken, the future and present timeline goes something like this:

Sept 7: Garcia has a case management conference where
once again, there was nothing to discuss and another wasted trip for Garcia's Miami attorney.

Sept. 8: Rivera has his calender call for a speedy trial. His trial date has been moved from Nov. 14 to Oct. 24.

Oct. 7: Garcia is FINALLY getting a bond hearing. (Good luck with that!)

Oct 24: Rivera's new trial date

Nov 14: Garcia's trial? Both Rivera and Garcia had originally been scheduled together.

It appears Rivera's attorney wants to get this show on the road sans Garcia.

Is Rivera going to rat on his buddy?

I'm thinking Garcia is toast but having a difficult time accepting that?

When do the Adelson ' s get served up on a platter? After the gunmen's trials?

Any thoughts or comments?

I really feel like Rivera's attorneys are angling for a plea. They are speeding up the process in hopes the state is not quite ready, and more than that, they NEED him to testify against Garcia. They want to see what they can get for Rivera - 15 years? 10 years? I predict a plea mid-October. He flips on Garcia. Garcia flips on the A's. I can only hope.

The Tallahasssee Democrat has released new details from "unserved probable cause Affifavits" for Charlie Adelson and Donna Adelson. These documents revealed that DA paid KA approximately $56,000 July 2014 (month of Dan's murder) and November 2015 The article is poorly written. I'm not sure if the word "and" should be "thru" instead for those dates. The payments were handwritten to KA in checks from the dental practice account and signed by DA. The article further reveals these checks were deposited by KA in her account via ATM transactions. It was mentioned that CA had looked into hiring a hitman the summer prior to Dan's murder. If that is indeed written correctly in the article it makes it sound as if CA was trying to have Dan murdered in the summer of 2013. Another detail mentions some sort of offer of $1 million dollars to Dan (I assume to him) to allow the grandchildren to be allowed to move back to Miami as part of the divorce settlement. Again, not sure if the article is written accurately on this issue either. I am not sure how to post the Tallahassee Democrat Article here on WS. I am not an online subscriber to TDO, but happened to see this article in my FB feed tonight.

New documents show that the family of Dan Markel’s ex-wife Wendi Adelson tried to get her to offer $1 million to allow their children to move to South Florida after their acrimonious divorce.

Documents say her brother Charlie Adelson also looked into hiring a hitman the summer before he was killed.

(...)

Investigators found from the homicide in July 2014 and Nov. 2015, Magbanua deposited more than $56,000 in cash into her bank account. The deposits, the probable cause notes were made mostly through ATMs in increments of $300 to $2,000.

"Investigators believe that Magbanua is supported financially by Charlie Adelson and has received numerous benefits from the Adelson's since Markel's murder," the drafted but un-executed probable cause says.

Documents say an undercover agent worked as a communications link between Charlie and Donna Aldeson, Magbanua and Garcia in an effort to implicate themselves on police wiretaps.

They detail months of texts, phone calls and personal conversations that sometimes include the agent but always include the potential suspects. The Adelsons, Magbanua and Garcia often speak in cloaked language.

(...)

The document says analysis of cell phone calls showed on many occasions during the weeks leading up to Markel’s murder, Magbanua had phone contact with Charlie Adelson which was then followed by phone contact between Charlie and Donna Aldeson – all of which coincided with Magbanua having contact with Garcia.

“Investigators believe this pattern is consistent with Magbanua being the conduit during the planning of Markel’s murder.” The draft also provides extensive detail of the contacts between the alleged co-conspirators the morning of July 18, 2014.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...-ex-brother--law-looked-into-hitman/90093878/

Some other interesting parts of the Tallahassee Democrat's article about the newly released probable cause affidavits:

Following the murder, Rivera and Garcia purchased several cars and motorcycles around the same time Magbanua began receiving paychecks from the family's dentistry practice. The checks were handwritten and signed by Donna Adelson.
After Markel was killed, the Adelsons agreed to contact investigators at his memorial service; however, the family, including Wendi, all left Tallahassee the day after the memorial without speaking to investigators.

“Since leaving, no one in the Adelson family has contacted TPD or inquired about the status of the investigations,” the document states. “Charlie Adelson did not attend the memorial service for his ex-brother-in-law.”

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...-ex-brother--law-looked-into-hitman/90093878/

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/TPD...-reports-in-Markel-murder-case-392817091.html
The state attorney confirms he approved charges against Sigfredo Garcia and Luis Rivera, but rejected going forward with charges against Charles Adelson and Katherine Magbanua.

We reached out to State Attorney Willie Meggs Thursday evening.
Meggs said "We did not feel there was sufficient evidence to go forward" with charges against Adelson and Magbanua.

When asked if there will be any more arrests in the Markel murder case, Meggs said, "Not unless we get more evidence."
The probable cause affidavits for Charles Adelson and Katherine Magbanua were never signed by a judge.

The probable cause affidavit also mentions one of Wendi Adelson's ex-boyfriends. He told police that she told him her brother had looked into hiring a hitman the summer before and was told it would cost $15,000.
bibm.

So willie meggs threw out the PCs. Aint that somethin.
This makes no sense. He's basically saying, all of you are free to go about your lifes.
Was embarrassing the A's the reason they did the dip, drip and
enough for the masses? Why is he admitting that now?

Meanwhile, back at the raunch, er ranch ..
The kids now have the name Adelson, and one child had his middle name changed from one that was important to the Markel family, who were informed of those changes by WA in an email. .
WA apparently stood her ground though while Daniel was still alive, and did not lie and say that the children were converting to Catholicism, as DA had wanted.
imo, speculation.
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/PC+Charlie+Adelson+Redacted.pdf

Meanwhile, back at the raunch, er ranch ..
The kids now have the name Adelson, and one child had his middle name changed from one that was important to the Markel family, who were informed of those changes by WA in an email. .
WA apparently stood her ground though while Daniel was still alive, and did not say that the children were converting to Catholicism, as DA had wanted.
imo, speculation.
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/PC+Charlie+Adelson+Redacted.pdf
I haven't read the pc's yet. I am sick. I thought being Jewish was important to WA as it was to DM.

So, DA is catholic?! What about hubby and son?

Is political pressure being applied here?

Not only has DM lost his life, but his sons will no longer carry his name. Wow. That hate ran/runs deep.

"Dan treated me badly" she said to one of the detectives as if this was a excuse for him being murdered.

I just may have to journey north to watch Rivera's trial.

This makes no sense. He's basically saying, all of you are free to go about your lifes.
Was embarrassing the A's the reason they did the dip, drip and
enough for the masses? Why is he admitting that now?

I'm not sure that releasing the info is a choice, under sunshine laws they may have to released because they are part of the evidence in the case against Garcia and Rivera, ie that the motive was a hired hit by the Adelson's.

Also, the effect I don't imagine is so much embarrassment as causing panic and unbearable strain from being under suspicion from everyone they know, perhaps provoking someone to confess.

Cloaked is the right word, imo, KM is a semi-skilled seamstress in that regard, how many guys in prison care about the colour of dress their daughter is wearing? In the taped jail call, we learn the dress is green.
One thing that stands out, is this...if CA buys you a gift, make sure it is broken.imo.
Speaking of broken, who could have " insinuated himself of herself into the Adelsons’ circle of trust", besides a member of the Latin Kings,( Queen ) of course?
imo, speculation.

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/09/the-murder-of-dan-markel-the-case-against-donna-adelson/
D]ocuments also say an undercover agent worked as a communications link between Charlie and Donna Adelson, Magbanua and Garcia in an effort to have them implicate themselves on police wiretaps. They detail months of texts, phone calls and personal conversations that sometimes include the agent but always include the potential suspects. The Adelsons, Magbanua and Garcia often spoke in cloaked language. I’d be interested in learning how this agent managed to insinuate himself of herself into the Adelsons’ circle of trust. And I’m curious about the “cloaked language” employed by the possible suspects. Perhaps this will come out in the weeks and months ahead.
rbbm.

In my initial reading, DA thought one way to get DM to bend to her will was to make the threat of conversion to Catholicism unless he let the kids move. I don't think it was genuinely contemplated as an action, but It shows how crazy/desperate she was to force DM to give up his parental rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0