GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #6 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about you, but if my ex-H was killed in cold blood, OR ANYBODY I KNOW FOR THAT MATTER, I'd be watching EVERY SINGLE news story about, every single special, reading every article. I was barely acquainted with a woman who was raped and murdered (around the same time as this murder) and I still am signed up for Google Alerts about the case. I want to know every detail. And I was not married to her!

Why doesn't Wendi care? She said she doesn't follow the stories about this MURDER OF HER CHILDREN'S FATHER. She is treating it like some random bank robbery story she heard of 5 years ago.

She is NOT believable at all. I know this is not her trial, but I now believe more than ever she was in on it. For some reason, her family members wanted to cover her tracks better than they covered their own.

I hope someone from the prosecution is reading this thread and will bring all of these details to the jury - is Lacasse going to testify??
I was thinking of how Lacasse said to the police that Wendi's family was creepy.
I suppose he couldn't testify to exact things Wendi said to him because of hearsay.

I don't know about you, but if my ex-H was killed in cold blood, OR ANYBODY I KNOW FOR THAT MATTER, I'd be watching EVERY SINGLE news story about, every single special, reading every article. I was barely acquainted with a woman who was raped and murdered (around the same time as this murder) and I still am signed up for Google Alerts about the case. I want to know every detail. And I was not married to her!

Why doesn't Wendi care? She said she doesn't follow the stories about this MURDER OF HER CHILDREN'S FATHER. She is treating it like some random bank robbery story she heard of 5 years ago.

She is NOT believable at all. I know this is not her trial, but I now believe more than ever she was in on it. For some reason, her family members wanted to cover her tracks better than they covered their own.
I agree, and of course if she is a mother terrified over her children's safety, barely able to function, in the aftermath of the murder why did she HANG UP when detectives tried to talk to her? Not particularly caring if a murder affecting your family is solved is a HUGE tell that something is very amiss.

I also agree with your insight that her family covered her tracks better than their own. The whole thing was a risky crime in the era of omnipresent surveillance cameras and technology. Even if Dans neighbor hadn't seen the light Prius the footage of it following Dan would have led them to the right place and the hit men using their own names to rent it. And the surveillance pic of then at the drive up ATM that day is very clear and close up.

Last edited:
I was thinking of how Lacasse said to the police that Wendi's family was creepy.
I suppose he couldn't testify to exact things Wendi said to him because of hearsay.

He might be able to say what he said to her like Bri did with regard to her phone conversation in the Tammy Moorer and Sidney Moorer trials.

ETA: For those not familiar: Bri was allowed to testify that she told Heather "not to go meet Sidney" and it was assumed that Heather had just said to her "Sidney asked me to come meet him."

It's just a matter of time before "katie" or Sigfredo cracks...unless she feels comfortable serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole and him facing the the needle after serving 15-20 years. The General Contractors must be shaking in their boots considering there is no time limit in murder or murder for hire cases and these two people know exactly where their orders and cash came from...Rivera was no dummy he could read the writing on the wall. I believe Rivera mentioned during his plea deal a call was made from Garcia to Magbanua right shortly after the hit and she already knew about it. Rivera stated "How does she know?" There must have been a call from Tallahassee to her from a different party giving her an early headups... Who else had her phone number and knew the deceased? I wonder who this could of been?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Jessica Rodriguez the girlfriend of Luis Rivera will testify? She had a lot of damning communications with Katie.

Also the whole issue of Garcia claiming Rivera was the shooter? The ATM pic shows Garcia in the passenger seat with a white shirt, Rivera driving in a black shirt. Sure that was when they got back down to Miami but didn't the bus cam footage show the passenger is white shirted? Of course it would make sense the passenger the shooter and the driver the getaway guy.

Last edited:
Wendi - calling her mom - who called Katie?
It's just a matter of time before "katie" or Sigfredo cracks...unless she feels comfortable serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole and him facing the the needle after serving 15-20 years. The General Contractors must be shaking in their boots considering there is no time limit in murder or murder for hire cases and these two people know exactly where their orders and cash came from...Rivera was no dummy he could read the writing on the wall. I believe Rivera mentioned during his plea deal a call was made from Garcia to Magbanua right shortly after the hit and she already knew about it. Rivera stated "How does she know?" There must have been a call from Tallahasssee to her from a different party informing her of the early headups... Who else had her phone number and knew the deceased? I wonder who this could of been?

Wendi - calling her mom - who called Katie?
TaxProf Blog: Adelson Family Will Not Be Charged In Dan Markel's Murder Despite Circumstantial Evidence Released By Police (Including $1 Million Offer To Allow Children To Move To Miami, Communication And Money Trail To Hit Men)
September 9, 2016
By Paul Caron
rbbm.
"The document says analysis of cell phone calls showed on many occasions during the weeks leading up to Markel’s murder, Magbanua had phone contact with Charlie Adelson, which was then followed by phone contact between Charlie and Donna Aldeson – all of which coincided with Magbanua having contact with Garcia. “Investigators believe this pattern is consistent with Magbanua being the conduit during the planning of Markel’s murder,” the affidavit says.

It also provides extensive details of the contacts between the alleged co-conspirators on the morning of July 18, 2014. Among the noted calls is a more than six-minute call at 9:58 a.m. from Charlie Adelson to Magbanua. In the next 11 minutes, they contact each other three more times. Markel was killed around 11 a.m. At 11:06 a.m., Donna Adelson tried to contact her son and at 11:22 a.m. he calls her back and talks to her for seven minutes. He immediately makes two calls to Magbanua, the second lasting five minutes. At 12:30 p.m., Garcia calls Magbanua. It’s the first contact he initiates after Markel was killed.

The day Markel was killed, Wendi Adelson called her mother to tell her of the shooting. Afterward, Donna Adelson called Charlie, getting him on the second and third tries. Following the calls, Charlie Adelson called Magbanua and they spoke for nearly three minutes. "This call is significant," draft documents say,"because as previously stated, investigators believe Magbanua was the person that facilitated the homicide in that she is the link between Charlie Adelson and the shooters."

TaxProf Blog: Adelson Family Will Not Be Charged In Dan Markel's Murder Despite Circumstantial Evidence Released By Police (Including $1 Million Offer To Allow Children To Move To Miami, Communication And Money Trail To Hit Men)
September 9, 2016
By Paul Caron
rbbm.
"The document says analysis of cell phone calls showed on many occasions during the weeks leading up to Markel’s murder, Magbanua had phone contact with Charlie Adelson, which was then followed by phone contact between Charlie and Donna Aldeson – all of which coincided with Magbanua having contact with Garcia. “Investigators believe this pattern is consistent with Magbanua being the conduit during the planning of Markel’s murder,” the affidavit says.

It also provides extensive details of the contacts between the alleged co-conspirators on the morning of July 18, 2014. Among the noted calls is a more than six-minute call at 9:58 a.m. from Charlie Adelson to Magbanua. In the next 11 minutes, they contact each other three more times. Markel was killed around 11 a.m. At 11:06 a.m., Donna Adelson tried to contact her son and at 11:22 a.m. he calls her back and talks to her for seven minutes. He immediately makes two calls to Magbanua, the second lasting five minutes. At 12:30 p.m., Garcia calls Magbanua. It’s the first contact he initiates after Markel was killed.

The day Markel was killed, Wendi Adelson called her mother to tell her of the shooting. Afterward, Donna Adelson called Charlie, getting him on the second and third tries. Following the calls, Charlie Adelson called Magbanua and they spoke for nearly three minutes. "This call is significant," draft documents say,"because as previously stated, investigators believe Magbanua was the person that facilitated the homicide in that she is the link between Charlie Adelson and the shooters."

All so circumstantial and can be picked apart by the defense as reasonable doubt.

It needs to be compared with the five days BEFORE the murder and five days AFTER to see if the pattern is significantly different.

Does anyone know if Jessica Rodriguez the girlfriend of Luis Rivera will testify? She had a lot of damning communications with Katie.

Also the whole issue of Garcia claiming Rivera was the shooter? The ATM pic shows Garcia in the passenger seat with a white shirt, Rivera driving in a black shirt. Sure that was when they got back down to Miami but didn't the bus cam footage show the passenger is white shirted? Of course it would make sense the passenger the shooter and the driver the getaway guy.

Tallahassee I presume. Shes talking about the professor she was dating - Jeffrey Lacasse whom she had broken up with weeks prior to the murder.

It almost makes me think that that was well timed that she broke up with him.

Also, That one phone call from Garcia's phone to Wendy's father near the beginning of the month I wonder why. Will he say perhaps has his defense that somebody else was using his phone? Definitely not coincidental. M o o

Last edited:
This was from a news article in 2016 Wendi Adelson: Brother joked about hiring hitman

Wendi Adelson drove on Trescott Drive around noon the day Markel was shot. She said she thought the road, which by that time was cordoned off by crime scene tape, was closed because of a downed tree

She went around and bought a bottle of Bulleit Rye Whiskey from the ABC on Thomasville Road to take to a party later that evening.

Before that, she said she had been working at home after fielding the TV repair man that morning.

(it was nice that in addition to her family setting up the hitman, they also set up Wendi's alibi by arranging her TV repair appointment)

Has anyone here ever done a map from her house, to the street off where he lived, to the liquor store, to the restaurant which we now know the name of course she went and was met by the police?

Last edited:
So, if she ends up getting prosecuted for her role in having her husband murdered (fingers crossed), they won't be able to use this testimony to refer back to in her trial?

Does immunity from prosecution mean that she can blatantly lie when there is evidence to all the prosecution and both defense teams that she is lying? That appears that happened quite a few times today! No perjury charges? There weren't even any challenges to blatant lies that she did.

Moo

Does everybody just want to get her lies on the record for another reason? For another purpose?

Moo

But I thought those lies can't even be used in court on somebody else. We need our Legal Eagles here like @gitana1

Last edited:
Think she was offered "limited" immunity.
Appeals court rules against woman charged in Dan Markel murder
Meaning they can't use her testimony against her.

Yet, they don't even challenge her on obvious lies to perjure her entire testimony? I did notice that many times the prosecution pause about six seconds for about five or six times when she said some really blatant lies that we have seen evidence knowing that she is lying. Moo

I wish I understood better this situation oh, but it is very interesting to have two defense attorneys pointing out her lies in addition to the prosecution

Last edited:
I agree, and of course if she is a mother terrified over her children's safety, barely able to function, in the aftermath of the murder why did she HANG UP when detectives tried to talk to her? Not particularly caring if a murder affecting your family is solved is a HUGE tell that something is very amiss.

I also agree with your insight that her family covered her tracks better than their own. The whole thing was a risky crime in the era of omnipresent surveillance cameras and technology. Even if Dans neighbor hadn't seen the light Prius the footage of it following Dan would have led them to the right place and the hit men using their own names to rent it. And the surveillance pic of then at the drive up ATM that day is very clear and close up.

Heck, with the timing and all this I wouldn't be surprised if she was following their car during that morning.

Yes, the ATM visit after 6 p.m. in Miami showing them and the white shirt was key. Unbelievable that they got the bus videos and kudos to them for getting such.

It's just a matter of time before "katie" or Sigfredo cracks...unless she feels comfortable serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole and him facing the the needle after serving 15-20 years. The General Contractors must be shaking in their boots considering there is no time limit in murder or murder for hire cases and these two people know exactly where their orders and cash came from...Rivera was no dummy he could read the writing on the wall. I believe Rivera mentioned during his plea deal a call was made from Garcia to Magbanua right shortly after the hit and she already knew about it. Rivera stated "How does she know?" There must have been a call from Tallahassee to her from a different party giving her an early headups... Who else had her phone number and knew the deceased? I wonder who this could of been?

Remember the Sievers case, where two hit man came from out-of-state to murder Teresa Sievers. One of the guys posted something at a stop along the way on a social media, perhaps is a signal to somebody else that the deed was done. But law enforcement found that post. And it put them at a certain place. At a certain time.

Could the post about the owl that was done have been done on purpose to communicate to somebody else that the deed was done, and Mag also saw it and said take it down because it shows where you were? I wonder what time that post about the owl was done. Has anybody ever heard it published what time that was?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members