GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #6 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wendi testified she didn’t know where to find a liquor store? She had lived in that neighborhood for about 7 years. It was reported during the marriage they entertained regularly at the house. ?

The owl stuff is really interesting. Wonder if Rivera will explain on the stand.

She was one cool cucumber that’s for sure.

Wendi testified she didn’t know where to find a liquor store? She had lived in that neighborhood for about 7 years. It was reported during the marriage they entertained regularly at the house. ?

The owl stuff is really interesting. Wonder if Rivera will explain on the stand.

If you’re eager, he does so in his taped confession.

She was one cool cucumber that’s for sure.
I think she considers herself very clever.

When she wrote her novel (while married to Dan) about a lawyer like herself who was unhappily married and hated where she lived she called the town something like Hiawassee Springs FL. Wendi, why not just call it Tallahassee? Too clever by half.

I really wonder what she knew and when she knew it. But I think we’ll never know.

I think she considers herself very clever.

When she wrote her novel (while married to Dan) about a lawyer like herself who was unhappily married and hated where she lived she called the town something like Hiawassee Springs FL. Wendi, why not just call it Tallahassee? Too clever by half.

I really wonder what she knew and when she knew it. But I think we’ll never know.

I couldn’t help but recall the podcast/tape she put out shortly after DM’s death.

Do you mean case? This is the case of the attorney in Florida who was shot in his garage after arriving home from the gym, and his ex-wife's family allegedly ordered the hit.

Yes. Sorry about that. Case. I never heard of it!

I think Wendi Adelson's career has tanked. She went from being a law professor (because of her husband, no doubt), to a law clerk, to manager of a fundraising organization, and now appears not to have a job.
"What’s Wendi Adelson up to now? We don’t know. Her LinkedIn profile still lists her as ED of the IMPAC Fund" but IMPAC lists someone else as ED. The Dan Markel Case: Trial Approaches

If you’re eager, he does so in his taped confession.
Thanks I just checked it out.
Sounds like the owl pic on IG was just because he saw an owl in the hotel parking lot and then Katie called to tell him to delete it.
He was pretty chatty in that video. The claim that they saw a woman with two kids on Trescott the day before the murder and Garcia said 'That's Wendi" and she was there to somehow make sure they were going to get stuff done before Dan went out of town...... Hmmm that was weird and I guess it's been said that Wendi and the kids could not have been there at that time.

I think Wendi Adelson's career has tanked. She went from being a law professor (because of her husband, no doubt), to a law clerk, to manager of a fundraising organization, and now appears not to have a job.
"What’s Wendi Adelson up to now? We don’t know. Her LinkedIn profile still lists her as ED of the IMPAC Fund" but IMPAC lists someone else as ED. The Dan Markel Case: Trial Approaches

TaxProf Blog: Justice For Dan Markel FB Group Urges Protest Of Wendi Adelson's Appearance At Miami Book Event

From an event she recently got pulled from after people protested. Check it out.

“Wendi Adelson has spent the past two decades giving voice and agency to immigrants, DREAMers, and victims of human trafficking. Wendi is currently a practicing immigration lawyer and founder of the Immigrant Child Defense Corps, an effort to create a guardian ad litem type program to represent vulnerable children in Miami’s Immigration Court system. She was most recently the Executive Director of the Immigration Partnership & Coalition Fund, founded by Mike Fernandez, to bring together business and civic leaders in Florida to fight for sensible changes to immigration policy.”

A Professor's Murder in Tallahassee Was a Contract Hit, Prosecutors Say

Not sure where they got the info, but in this article it states that Donna emailed to confirm the tv repairman appointment, so maybe it was Donna who set it up after all and Wendi was untruthful in the stand?
I don't think the DA would have asserted in her opening that Donna set up the apptmt unless she had solid evidence of this. I could be wrong, but I think Wendi was kind of soft in refuting that -- using the qualifier "I think" in her answers. JMO.

We have discussed here previously The series podcast "Over My Dead Body" which is the "Tally" series of 7 episodes on this case.

A new episode labeled the " Markel murder trial update #1" on the case was uploaded yesterday. FYI.

"Matthew Shaer speaks with Tallahassee Democrat reporter Karl Etters about the trial's opening statements, and what happens next."

I had not remembered that there was such close proximity to the house for the bus videos before and after the murder. Literally right around the block just before the murder and after the murder. ( see screenshot from arrest affidavit of the map of the buses and the house)

2016_CF_001581_SRPC_37848939.pdf

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190928-091906_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190928-091906_Chrome.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 17
Changing gears here (and I apologize for not being current on all details of the case) but has there been an answer as to why it took so long for LE, ambulance, help to arrive at Danny's home? The first officer just decided to respond because he was close, right?

Changing gears here (and I apologize for not being current on all details of the case) but has there been an answer as to why it took so long for LE, ambulance, help to arrive at Danny's home? The first officer just decided to respond because he was close, right?
Florida law professor targeted for murder feared for his safety after menacing anonymous threats to use 'all means necessary to shutting people like YOU down' | Daily Mail Online
rbbm
"This new development follows the news that a mistake by a 911 dispatcher meant that the emergency call received from the neighbor who found Markel was coded as a low priority.

This meant crucial minutes were lost as it took officers 12 minutes to arrive to Markel's house and 19 minutes for the paramedics".
"According to CNN, Timothy Lee, who is the director of the Consolidated Dispatch Agency which operates the 911 center, the low priority coding was a mistake.

The dispatcher should have made it an emergency priority, but instead marked it as 'man down, still breathing.'

This lowered the urgency with which police and paramedics responded to the father-of-two
and according to Lee, it took seven minutes for the error to be corrected.

But that apparently compounded the mistake and caused another delay - the new code said it was the highest priority but dangerous for paramedics to arrive on scene.

Because of this, the ambulance could not arrive simultaneously with the police, the paramedics had to be given the all-clear by the police.

Lee said the lengthy time it took for the emergency services to respond was an 'anomaly'.

The 911 dispatcher has been reassigned, pending an internal investigation."

I don't think the DA would have asserted in her opening that Donna set up the apptmt unless she had solid evidence of this. I could be wrong, but I think Wendi was kind of soft in refuting that -- using the qualifier "I think" in her answers. JMO.

That's how I recall it as well and I like to keep in mind that few people understand how stressful this kind of questioning can be and under this kind of stress most people forget their own names and cannot recall simple details. This is not a prepared witness and so when you ask someone details from 5 years ago they're not going to have all the answers.

Nevertheless I did not think the prosecutors questions really got anywhere or supported their theory of the case but the defenses Cross examination also seemed aimless. I think this is partially because cappleman clearly wants to get Wendi (see her interview on the podcast bonus episode) along with the rest of her family and was spending time trying to build that case (c.f useless questions about the stack of cash in a safe, the dinner, etc.) instead of solidifying her argument for her current trial. But the defense's theory of the case is not supported by any of the phone metadata or any of the other evidence available.

All the jury took away from day 2 was "Charlie is a Playboy" and that did not help cappleman at all especially when many parts of the story she was trying to push were directly refuted by Wendi on the stand (i.e. moving out of Tallahassee, and many things relating to the divorce).

Agree. She could have really kept herself out of the line of suspicion if she'd kept her mouth shut about the TV, not driven by the crime scene, had a better alibi than TV repairman her mother scheduled for a cracked screen, not bought a liquor called "bullet" the same day her husband was shot to death, willingly spoke to investigators, acted more interested in catching her baby daddy's killer, NOT CHANGED THE CHILDREN'S NAMES, let her in-laws see their grandkids, not moved immediately.......

if I was the defense I would go through her emails which clearly they have and look to see if there is a party invite and if there's a list of liquor for that (potentially including this particular liquor) as indicated on the stand. If they can find that it would make the prosecution seem very off in terms of their attention to detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces