GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #6 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. She could have really kept herself out of the line of suspicion if she'd kept her mouth shut about the TV, not driven by the crime scene, had a better alibi than TV repairman her mother scheduled for a cracked screen, not bought a liquor called "bullet" the same day her husband was shot to death, willingly spoke to investigators, acted more interested in catching her baby daddy's killer, NOT CHANGED THE CHILDREN'S NAMES, let her in-laws see their grandkids, not moved immediately.......

This focus on the changing of the names does not help the prosecution at all. It feels more like she's asking out of curiosity instead of building her case.

Watching WA's testimony I was mildly surprised that she said CA bought her the television sometime between her separation from DM in fall 2012 or in 2013. For some reason I was thinking he had just bought it not long before the murder in July 2014. IMO this makes her yammering on to the TV repairman about 'my brother said this was my divorce present it was this or a hitman, haha' even weirder.

Cappleman painted quite a picture when she asked WA if there was a safe with stacks of cash in her parents house. Also the Jibbers thing, WA turns from acting to the judge like she has never written the word out to Cappleman pointed out she had DM entered in her phone contacts under that name. And then about her changing one of the sons middle names (in addition from the last name), when asked if that name was in honor of a late relative of DM she said it was in part a name for her late grandfather also so both families lost an honor when she changed it. Huh? So why did she change it.

IMO in police interview, that writing class podcast, on stand its always 'Danny hurt me' 'Danny treated me badly' instead of I was angry, I was hurt, etc. Very distancing. Very much, he treated me awful, I can't help if someone picked up on that and did something, I'm just a bystander.

This focus on the changing of the names does not help the prosecution at all. It feels more like she's asking out of curiosity instead of building her case.

I respectfully disagree with you completely. And Wendi's excuse that she did it because photos of her kids were shown on CNN is super super lame.

I think it's interesting that they said that they've been in discussion "in the last few weeks" about the Markel grandparents seeing them again. I assume that change relates to the pressure brought by the petition by his friend at "Justice for Dan."

Exactly..plus Adelson certainly has recognition also.

I think the real reason is that Wendi (and the entire fam) doesn't want the kids to be exposed to anyone that will tell them the truth about their dad's murder(ers). Not that the Markel grandparents would do that, but the Adelsons can't take that chance. I wonder if the MARKEL boys are ever allowed to play at a friend's house or have friends over. I would not want my kids in the home of an Adelson, and I wonder if Wendi will let them out of her sight long enough to chance having an adult outside the family try to tell them the truth.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree with you completely. And Wendi's excuse that she did it because photos of her kids were shown on CNN is super super lame.
I completely agree with you TTF24. To me - changing the names of her children points to the disgust and hatred she had for Dan. She was done with him, and she was going to get the last word on how the kids were raised even after Dan's death.

If you’re eager, he does so in his taped confession.

Thanks, I'm watching it right now on the crime Vault YouTube website. He mentions it about 1 hour and 15 minutes into the interview. He posted the owl that they saw in the motel parking lot the night before the murder. He later removed it from Instagram after Mag contacted them and said take it down.

Watching WA's testimony I was mildly surprised that she said CA bought her the television sometime between her separation from DM in fall 2012 or in 2013. For some reason I was thinking he had just bought it not long before the murder in July 2014. IMO this makes her yammering on to the TV repairman about 'my brother said this was my divorce present it was this or a hitman, haha' even weirder.

RSBM. When I listen to Wendi's police interview it seems like she's saying that it was "always this joke" that her brother told her it would be cheaper to buy a tv than a hitman and that he repeated the joke to her when her tv broke and she was deciding whether to fix it or buy a new one. So I think she was saying that Charlie recently said the joke again to her when the tv broke and she then repeated it to the tv repair guy. That's how I interpret what she was saying to the police. JMO.

Thanks, I'm watching it right now on the crime Vault YouTube website. He mentions it about 1 hour and 15 minutes into the interview. He posted the owl that they saw in the motel parking lot the night before the murder. He later removed it from Instagram after Mag contacted them and said take it down.

I wonder why she would care. I mean, she had nothing to do with any of this, right! :rolleyes:

I wonder if the State got a copy of the deleted photo from IG? Let’s hope. It’ll corroborate his story.

I wonder if the State got a copy of the deleted photo from IG? Let’s hope. It’ll corroborate his story.

I must say, I'm really surprised how much information they have from both of their phones considering that both Rivera and Garcia discontinued using the phones that they had (during the commission of the murder and previously) within one week after the murder, never to be used again According to the arrest affidavit at

2016_CF_001581_SRPC_37848939.pdf - Google Drive
2016_CF_001581_SRPC_37848939.pdf

MOO of WA’s testimony and appearance.
She seemed composed and ready.
She hated DM with all of her energy.
Changing the children’s names demonstrates her hatred of their father, rather than protective love for the kids, IMO.
She lies easily and comfortably. Among the lies that are blatant: she liked living in Tallahassee, she made the TV repair appointment, not her mom, she did not do a drive-by of the crime scene, she didn’t immediately move to South FL, she doesn’t live in S. FL “permanently”. Her parents aren’t millionaires, and TPD didn’t call her after the funeral.

I find it very curious that so far, no mention of the other brother...the one who has absolutely nothing to do with any of them after DM’s murder.

Until her testimony, I was also “on the fence” about her having knowledge of the hit. I also flew off that fence. The entire lot of them belong in the same category. With that being said, I also do not believe any of the Adelsons will be charged. Justice is not equal. Wealth and privilege prevail. Only occasionally is it different.

It seems clear that she really did move to South Florida after the funeral so I agree she was disingenuous about that on the stand. IMO she is very intelligent and of course an attorney so she answered things in an extremely literal way to make herself sound better.

The prosecutor elicited the fact that the kids were first enrolled in school in South Florida for the 2014-2015 school year which must have started no more than 6 weeks after the murder. I think Wendi clearly quit her job at FSU Law after the murder. Now one can argue that she and the boys had no family tie to Tallahassee after DM died so of course she moved to where she had family. That would make sense so again, disingenuous for her to really downplay the fact she moved right after. Also disingenuous IMO that she was 'relieved'when a judge ruled against HER OWN MOTION to move the kids to South Florida.

The prosecution I thought scored another good point with pointing out that her divorce litigation was costing a lot of money. With Dan gone that expense disappeared. Their divorce litigation was brutal, Dan was going after her with a vengeance IMO, it was scorched earth and there was no end in sight to custody and parenting battles---their kids were only preschoolers at the time. I thought the Over My Dead Body podcast did a good job at making that clear--Dan was in this battle 100%. In the podcast one of his friends said Dan said he was deeply concerned about his sons because they were not being raised with the religious upbringing (kosher for one thing) that he was passionate they must have.

Here's the link to Luis' interview:
Watching this, if I was WA and knew nothing of the plot, I would be so pissed at my relatives for commissioning this crime. Two drunk, high, coked up criminals, armed, trawling and stalking their prey around my KIDS and their preschool! on multiple occasions. Garcia is so reckless he shoots his gun through the floor of the Prius the night before the murder.

So sinister. Creepy, as Jeff Lacasse described the Adelson fam in his police interview.

(rsbm)

I really wish KM would flip, for this reason.

Somehow your post made it appear that that quote was something that I ever posted. I don't know how it happened, but this is the original post you quoted from.

MOO of WA’s testimony and appearance.
She seemed composed and ready.
She hated DM with all of her energy.
Changing the children’s names demonstrates her hatred of their father, rather than protective love for the kids, IMO.
She lies easily and comfortably. Among the lies that are blatant: she liked living in Tallahassee, she made the TV repair appointment, not her mom, she did not do a drive-by of the crime scene, she didn’t immediately move to South FL, she doesn’t live in S. FL “permanently”. Her parents aren’t millionaires, and TPD didn’t call her after the funeral.

I find it very curious that so far, no mention of the other brother...the one who has absolutely nothing to do with any of them after DM’s murder.

Until her testimony, I was also “on the fence” about her having knowledge of the hit. I also flew off that fence. The entire lot of them belong in the same category. With that being said, I also do not believe any of the Adelsons will be charged. Justice is not equal. Wealth and privilege prevail. Only occasionally is it different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1