GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #6 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering what's going on in the defense camps this long weekend. IMO, Friday was a good day for the prosecution. The jury's questions indicated that they are seeing through the smoke. I'm sure the defense will wait to see how Rivera does on the stand on Tuesday before making any decisions. Wondering if KM and SG are adamant against accepting a plea deal, even if things continue to go badly for them in trial. JMO.

I'm wondering what's going on in the defense camps this long weekend. IMO, Friday was a good day for the prosecution. The jury's questions indicated that they are seeing through the smoke. I'm sure the defense will wait to see how Rivera does on the stand on Tuesday before making any decisions. Wondering if KM and SG are adamant against accepting a plea deal, even if things continue to go badly for them in trial. JMO.

It will be interesting if they do put somebody on the stand verify a money trail that Luis talked about in the YouTube video I just watched it.

He said that he got the $30,000 the next morning after he got back and was with Jessica/Garcia/Mag, and then went directly to his mother's house after he got the money to pay off his mom's rent, and then went to the House of the mother of his children to pay off more bills. And then he gave the rest of the money for his sister for safekeeping.

As the adage goes, follow the money.

Last edited:
MOO of WA’s testimony and appearance.
She seemed composed and ready.
She hated DM with all of her energy.
Changing the children’s names demonstrates her hatred of their father, rather than protective love for the kids, IMO.
She lies easily and comfortably. Among the lies that are blatant: she liked living in Tallahassee, she made the TV repair appointment, not her mom, she did not do a drive-by of the crime scene, she didn’t immediately move to South FL, she doesn’t live in S. FL “permanently”. Her parents aren’t millionaires, and TPD didn’t call her after the funeral.

I find it very curious that so far, no mention of the other brother...the one who has absolutely nothing to do with any of them after DM’s murder.

Until her testimony, I was also “on the fence” about her having knowledge of the hit. I also flew off that fence. The entire lot of them belong in the same category. With that being said, I also do not believe any of the Adelsons will be charged. Justice is not equal. Wealth and privilege prevail. Only occasionally is it different.

If possible... Read a paragraph or two of "Compensation" by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

The State only gets one bite at the apple when they do finally charge "all" who took part in this murder. No ones flying under the radar in this case. The State may have enough to make an arrest right now. I believe they are looking for a little more than beyond a reasonable doubt with circumstantial evidence for the providers of the money. The thing in this case is the State went above the norm to catch and involve the perpetrators. Wealth and privilege does play into it too. Somebody high up on the legal ladder was murdered in this one. Otherwise this may have been an unsolved case. IMO.

It will be interesting if they do put somebody on the stand verify a money trail that Luis talked about in the YouTube video I just watched it.

He said that he got the $30,000 the next morning after he got back, and went directly to his mother's house after he got the money with Jessica to pay off her rent, and then went to the House of the mother of his children to pay off more bills. And then he gave the rest of the money for his sister for safekeeping.

As the adage goes, follow the money.
I need to go back and listen to the money part of Rivera's interview. Sometimes I have a hard time understanding what he's saying and haven't been able to listen for long stretches. Since the murder was apparently supposed to happen weeks before -- during the first Tallahassee trip -- you would think that the cash would have already been in the hiring party's hands by that time. Also, I'm wondering if the State is claiming that Garcia's ATM stop in North Miami the evening of the murder was part of a payoff?

I think the real reason is that Wendi (and the entire fam) doesn't want the kids to be exposed to anyone that will tell them the truth about their dad's murder(ers). Not that the Markel grandparents would do that, but the Adelsons can't take that chance. I wonder if the MARKEL boys are ever allowed to play at a friend's house or have friends over. I would not want my kids in the home of an Adelson, and I wonder if Wendi will let them out of her sight long enough to chance having an adult outside the family try to tell them the truth.

They must know that it's inevitable. These kids are no doubt smart like their dad, and will certainly know the truth, probably by the time they're young teens. It will suck for them emotionally.

Had forgotten this..
Sept 29 2016 rbbm.
TaxProf Blog: Judge Denies Change Of Venue In Trial Of Markel's Alleged Hit Man; Defense Seeks Testimony Of Other Possible Perpetrators
Prosecutors also are trying to block the testimony of a convicted double murderer from Broward County, who has been transported to testify in Rivera's Oct. 24 trial. Imran Hussain, who was convicted of the 2001 murders of two shopkeepers the 41-year-old worked for, will be a witness in Rivera's trial. ... n Wednesday court filings, Chief Assistant State Attorney Georgia Cappleman said Collins may try to introduce Hussain and two others listed as witnesses in court documents as the possible perpetrators in Markel’s July 18, 2014, shooting

I need to go back and listen to the money part of Rivera's interview. Sometimes I have a hard time understanding what he's saying and haven't been able to listen for long stretches. Since the murder was apparently supposed to happen weeks before -- during the first Tallahassee trip -- you would think that the cash would have already been in the hiring party's hands by that time. Also, I'm wondering if the State is claiming that Garcia's ATM stop in North Miami the evening of the murder was part of a payoff?
I am kind of confused on the money details too. From that interview I got that Garcia promised Rivera he would get about $35k for coming with him on the 'job'. And I got that Garcia was given some cash--by Katie?- before the first Tally trip something like $5k? used on car rental, hotels, and drugs. I got confused when Rivera was taking about in the end how much Garcia v Katie got.

My main takeaways were that Rivera portrays Garcia as quite the drunken screwup, although he also says Garcia is intelligent and they've been friends since they were little. He portrays Katie as the ruthless taskmaster whipping Garcia around and making him jealous with her relationship with 'the dentist' (although there are many references to Garcias OTHER girlfriend at the time 'Shrimp').

I hope Jeffrey Lacasse is going to testify. He's an interesting character!
Indeed he is!

Video.rbbm.
@00:36
Video: FSU Professor's Ex-Boyfriend Says She Told Him Brother Talked About Killing Ex-Husband

"Wendi gives just one name, Jeffrey Lacasse"
People Magazine Investigates: Who Killed Professor Dan Markel?
“My ex-husband caused me a lot of grief,” she says, before breaking down in tears and telling the officers, “I would never do something like this.”

When she is asked who would, Adelson volunteers that someone may have shot Markel for her benefit without her knowledge — and she named another Florida State professor, Jeff Lacasse, with whom she’d recently broken up.

“I’m the paranoid ex-boyfriend,” Lacasse bluntly tells police in the episode. “I was surprised that you guys didn’t call me earlier, though, because I probably said a hundred times that I’d like to kick his *advertiser censored* because he kept, like, really making Wendi suffer.”

Watching WA's testimony I was mildly surprised that she said CA bought her the television sometime between her separation from DM in fall 2012 or in 2013. For some reason I was thinking he had just bought it not long before the murder in July 2014. IMO this makes her yammering on to the TV repairman about 'my brother said this was my divorce present it was this or a hitman, haha' even weirder.

Cappleman painted quite a picture when she asked WA if there was a safe with stacks of cash in her parents house. Also the Jibbers thing, WA turns from acting to the judge like she has never written the word out to Cappleman pointed out she had DM entered in her phone contacts under that name. And then about her changing one of the sons middle names (in addition from the last name), when asked if that name was in honor of a late relative of DM she said it was in part a name for her late grandfather also so both families lost an honor when she changed it. Huh? So why did she change it.

IMO in police interview, that writing class podcast, on stand its always 'Danny hurt me' 'Danny treated me badly' instead of I was angry, I was hurt, etc. Very distancing. Very much, he treated me awful, I can't help if someone picked up on that and did something, I'm just a bystander.

Also, don't forget that she left her house to go to lunch. But look at the map that was done by @Miss Elizabeth previously how much she went out of the way by many many miles to go to that ABC store and Dan's house and crime scene that day. And there was a liquor store right by where she was headed down the interstate.

FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #3 *Arrests*

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/a...9-to-market-square-fine-wines-google-maps-pdf

Attachments

• 20190928_154737.jpg
    20190928_154737.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 19
I haven’t seen courts where jurors are allowed to ask questions before. I like that a lot. Having served on both a civil and a criminal case, I would have liked to be able to ask questions.

In this trial, it would be difficult for anyone to convince me to believe these 2 (and LR) did this murder when none of them knew DM. The only connection to DM seems to be through CA/KM. If KM doesn’t flip, she’s a cooked goose. Breast implants, an old used Lexus, and some cash is useless to her now. Is it her value system that prevents her from flipping? Conspiring to murder is ok, but flipping on CA isn’t? Or is she terrified of SG and LR’s Latin King brotherhood? Would they harm her, her family, or her kids? I know nothing about that segment of society. Seems to me, it’s the Adelsons who need to be watching their backs. Involvement with gangs is a risky business. They only thought Dan Markel was trouble...he was a cream puff in comparison with their current foes.

I'm watching the video, but I am getting so distracted by the bald guy constantly picking his head and neck. My ex BF did that and it drove me crazy. I feel bad for the lady sitting right next to him lol.

Indeed he is!

Video.rbbm.
@00:36
Video: FSU Professor's Ex-Boyfriend Says She Told Him Brother Talked About Killing Ex-Husband

"Wendi gives just one name, Jeffrey Lacasse"
People Magazine Investigates: Who Killed Professor Dan Markel?
“My ex-husband caused me a lot of grief,” she says, before breaking down in tears and telling the officers, “I would never do something like this.”

When she is asked who would, Adelson volunteers that someone may have shot Markel for her benefit without her knowledge — and she named another Florida State professor, Jeff Lacasse, with whom she’d recently broken up.

“I’m the paranoid ex-boyfriend,” Lacasse bluntly tells police in the episode. “I was surprised that you guys didn’t call me earlier, though, because I probably said a hundred times that I’d like to kick his *advertiser censored* because he kept, like, really making Wendi suffer.”

Ha!

Yes, she really did immediately that day set up her ex-boyfriend (and brother) for that before she or anybody Else knew that the neighbor had seen the car that was fleeing and would definitely take her ex-boyfriend out of the picture!

If he does come on the stand, he will be able to testify with what Wendy told him! Yes, looking forward to that. He immediately knew the connection and how it might have worked with her brother. Uncanny! He knew it immediately.

The story behind FSU professor's slaying detailed in new evidence

Wendi Adelson's boyfriend at the time also told investigators the brother should be considered as a suspect.

"I would be investigating Charlie Adelson," Jeffrey Lacasse, a professor in the College of Social Work at FSU, told an investigator during a recorded interview in July 2014. "If you got in front of this guy, he'd set off your radar. He set off my radar."

Lacasse said Charlie Adelson hung out with unsavory people.

"He's a dentist and he's very wealthy, but he kind of hangs out with people from both sides of the tracks," he said during the interview. "You know, he goes boating in South Beach with his rich buddies and he also goes to his gym with some other kinds of characters."

Lacasse also told investigators Wendi Adelson told him her brother had looked into hiring a hit man and was told it would cost $15,000.

"Wendi had reported to me that Charlie had considered all the options possible to take care of this problem," he said. "She said it in a dead serious, chilling, uncomfortable way."

When investigators asked Lacasse how he thought Adelson would have committed the murder, he said: "He'd get his buddy in the special forces to do this, or he'd get some seedy guys down in the Cuban neighborhood or something like that."

I am kind of confused on the money details too. From that interview I got that Garcia promised Rivera he would get about $35k for coming with him on the 'job'. And I got that Garcia was given some cash--by Katie?- before the first Tally trip something like $5k? used on car rental, hotels, and drugs. I got confused when Rivera was taking about in the end how much Garcia v Katie got.

My main takeaways were that Rivera portrays Garcia as quite the drunken screwup, although he also says Garcia is intelligent and they've been friends since they were little. He portrays Katie as the ruthless taskmaster whipping Garcia around and making him jealous with her relationship with 'the dentist' (although there are many references to Garcias OTHER girlfriend at the time 'Shrimp').

I also think Rivera has ADHD. The way he skips all around and gets on tangents. One other thing he said made me think that too but now I can't remember what it was.

I haven’t seen courts where jurors are allowed to ask questions before. I like that a lot. Having served on both a civil and a criminal case, I would have liked to be able to ask questions.

In this trial, it would be difficult for anyone to convince me to believe these 2 (and LR) did this murder when none of them knew DM. The only connection to DM seems to be through CA/KM. If KM doesn’t flip, she’s a cooked goose. Breast implants, an old used Lexus, and some cash is useless to her now. Is it her value system that prevents her from flipping? Conspiring to murder is ok, but flipping on CA isn’t? Or is she terrified of SG and LR’s Latin King brotherhood? Would they harm her, her family, or her kids? I know nothing about that segment of society. Seems to me, it’s the Adelsons who need to be watching their backs. Involvement with gangs is a risky business. They only thought Dan Markel was trouble...he was a cream puff in comparison with their current foes.

Jury questions were fabulous during the Jodi Arias trial.

The states that expressly encourage judges to allow jurors to question witnesses are Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Nevada and North Carolina. Out of these jurisdictions, Arizona, Florida, and Kentucky require that judges allow jurors to ask written questions.

Ha!

Yes, she really did immediately that day set up her ex-boyfriend (and brother) for that before she or anybody Else knew that the neighbor had seen the car that was fleeing and would definitely take her ex-boyfriend out of the picture!

If he does come on the stand, he will be able to testify with what Wendy told him! Yes, looking forward to that. He immediately knew the connection and how it might have worked with her brother. Uncanny! He knew it immediately.

The story behind FSU professor's slaying detailed in new evidence

Wendi Adelson's boyfriend at the time also told investigators the brother should be considered as a suspect.

"I would be investigating Charlie Adelson," Jeffrey Lacasse, a professor in the College of Social Work at FSU, told an investigator during a recorded interview in July 2014. "If you got in front of this guy, he'd set off your radar. He set off my radar."

Lacasse said Charlie Adelson hung out with unsavory people.

"He's a dentist and he's very wealthy, but he kind of hangs out with people from both sides of the tracks," he said during the interview. "You know, he goes boating in South Beach with his rich buddies and he also goes to his gym with some other kinds of characters."

Lacasse also told investigators Wendi Adelson told him her brother had looked into hiring a hit man and was told it would cost $15,000.

"Wendi had reported to me that Charlie had considered all the options possible to take care of this problem," he said. "She said it in a dead serious, chilling, uncomfortable way."

When investigators asked Lacasse how he thought Adelson would have committed the murder, he said: "He'd get his buddy in the special forces to do this, or he'd get some seedy guys down in the Cuban neighborhood or something like that."

I'm pretty sure that Wendi's alleged statements to Lacasse are hearsay and not admissible. If Wendi was a defendant it would not be considered hearsay.

I'm watching the video, but I am getting so distracted by the bald guy constantly picking his head and neck. My ex BF did that and it drove me crazy. I feel bad for the lady sitting right next to him lol.
Agree. Horrible. I had to put my hand up and block him out as I watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1