GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll put in my two cents on this one as I can't sit on hands.

She put in writing in that about her marriage, and trashed him to the hilt! He, as a "good" husband with an out-of-control narcissistic wife, said that he did not read it. But you can be sure that he knew exactly what was in that book in my opinion. He said he did not read it perhaps because he did not want to have a confrontation and say

" you stupid b**ch, what the hell are you doing! Everyone knows that is not fiction and why are you trash-talking me" and escalating what she started .
(A la what she did with Jeff right before the murder?)

That, to me, showed he had extreme self-control! I could go on and on about this, but imagine somebody you are married to put your trash and her feelings out in a book so that all your friends and family could see. A one-sided presentation to them.

Him denying that he read it prevented the escalation from back and forth, which perhaps she was asking for and pushing for in my opinion.

He took the high road, as he pretty much had to do often when she tried to push his buttons in my opinion.

* steps off soapbox*
THIS! Thank you! Agree!!

Aside from all of this - it seems Wendi wasn’t ever truly happy with the marriage from the get go. Remember her friend saying she wanted to call it off? And then even Wendi says in her podcast that she thought she “could cheat the system and marry someone she lacked passionate love for”. The marriage, IMHO, was doomed from the beginning. I think Dan was completely in love with her - passionately and otherwise. It also seems that Dan was an old fashioned guy (much like my father) who assumed that Wendy would be ok with the sacrifices one must make in order for a marriage to thrive. Maybe it wasn’t a case of not seeing her as an equal, but that he was old fashioned in the sense that he thought the woman/wife was to be the primary caretaker of the children and household and that the husband was to be the breadwinner. Marriage is a give and take, but Wendi seemed to not be satisfied with the situation and choice she made to agree to move and settle in Tallahassee with Dan. Did she try to make the best of that decision? Did she accept the reality of her life? Did Wendi ever try to find employment on her own with a law firm outside of FSU? My guess is no, or if she did - no one wanted to hire her for whatever reason. What a sad tragedy Dan’s murder was. I don’t care if he was egotistical, opinionated, rude, abrasive, blunt, and all the other negative things that have been said about him. He in no way deserved to be slaughtered because his wife was a spoiled brat who wanted her way and to move to Miami. She made the choice to move and have children in Tallahassee with Dan. Some choices you must learn to live with and learn to make the best of them. Because of her - Dan is dead, and 2 little boys are without their daddy. Dan’s family and countless people are suffering because Wendi wanted her way.

Yeah that's the other side to ppl like this - they're never satisfied and it's always someone else's fault. It's never their choices or their responsibility . Someone else must always be blamed and play the villain in their never-ending operatic poor me performance. They have a very immature thought process when it comes to decision-making also. She probably didn't even find him all that attractive. It's all coming back to me now. I remember when I first heard about this story -- thinking to myself, 'well why did she have kids, why did she agree to move to Tallahassee only to quickly become resentful and angry with him?'. A lot of things just don't add up. And after seeing her on the stand. I'm convinced she's lying about it all! But she probably doesn't even think about it that way - I have no doubt she feels justified and to her he deserved what he got. It was his own fault, in her mind. All he had to do was give up his kids. SMH. Sadly, this is how they think.

Anybody catch the date on this?

"He invited me to go deep sea fishing. He was so nice."- a text Adelson sent Magbanua after she asked if Garcia called him. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27
April 25, 2014. You prob already know this, but today it came out that the idea that SG contacted CA to go deep sea fishing was a joke by CA to KM. JMO. Anyway -- this is from the end of the day yesterday, starting at at 1:14:15 here:

Last edited:
Closing arguments are going to be very interesting!

I hope the prosecution lawyers talk very very very slowly so that the jurors will get all the important dates.

I have to watch stuff two or three times to catch it, I can't imagine being a juror. Especially with all the financial and phone stuff that is being shown. I would be in the Jury Room asking for a YouTube feed to relook at stuff LOL
Totally agree. Only 6 trial days so far and so much information re cell phones, rental cars, jobs, cash, plus also hostile witnesses etc. There will be arguments and counterarguments on all of it. A lot to keep track of for everyone -- lawyers, the judge and jurors. And I agree with the poster who said the judge was awesome -- this judge is so smart. JMO.

Anybody catch the date on this?

"He invited me to go deep sea fishing. He was so nice."- a text Adelson sent Magbanua after she asked if Garcia called him. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

I thought it had captured that, but no I did not. Unfortunately.

But I did capture the screenshot that was shown where Km said to Charlie

"FaceTime me when ur not busy".

On 9/17

I haven't seen anything in any testimony from any Facebook Messenger or FaceTime stuff. But apparently, they communicated through Facebook.

Yet I never have seen anything about that in this case as to Facebook records?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191004-180927_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191004-180927_Gallery.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 14

"FaceTime me when it not busy".

On 9/17

I haven't seen anything in any testimony from any Facebook Messenger or FaceTime stuff. But apparently, they communicated through Facebook.

They mentioned Facetime at some point today (I believe it was the female forensic accountant on the stand), but not Facebook to my knowledge.

They mentioned Facetime at some point today (I believe it was the female forensic accountant on the stand), but not Facebook to my knowledge.

Yes, view my attachment on my post above yours, and what was presented in court.

She specifically said in this evidence " FaceTime when ur not busy"

ETA blew up and reattach previous screenshot from today testimony

ETA #2 I see your point now! I had assumed that FaceTime was part of Facebook. But it is not. It can be used by anybody and it is a separate application. Thank you so much for educating me!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191004-181902_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191004-181902_Gallery.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 3
Yes, view my attachment on my post above yours, and what was presented in court.

She specifically said in this evidence " FaceTime when ur not busy"

ETA blew up and reattach previous screenshot from today testimony

Ah, ok. My comprehension level is not on point at the moment after working while listening to that testimony all day and now having a cocktail lol. Can't wait for Monday to hear all the wiretaps.

"FaceTime me when ur not busy".

On 9/17

Per my post above, the date of the "deep sea fishing" text btwn KM and CA was April 25, 2014. I provided a trial link where it was discussed.

If I were a witness being questioned by one of these aggressive/sarcastic defense attorneys, I'd say this before I answered every question: "I don't know why you're so sure I'll agree, but...." and then give my answer. Every single answer of mine would start like this since it's the defense's favorite phrase.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 2h2 hours ago
Now one of the Special Agents with the FBI is on the stand. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 2h2 hours ago
The undercover FBI agent who approached Donna Adelson in Miami is on the stand

The agent's role was to pose as a Latin King and approach Donna Adelson. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

He says he had to hand Adelson a flyer involving Dan Markel. This particular flyer had a note on it. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

We're now watching body cam footage of the undercover approaching Donna Adelson with the news article of Dan Markel. "You're problem up north was solved." #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Writing with $5,000, a telephone number and Dan Markel’s photo on it was handed to Donna Adelson on the street in Miami

Donna says she doesn’t know what the agent is talking about when he asks her to take care his family member in prison like she’s taking care of Kaddie and Tuto with their "problem up north"

Donna Adelson says she doesn't understand what he's talking about. The undercover asks her to take care of his incarcerated brother (presumably Rivera) the way that she's taking care of Kaddie and Tuto (Magbanua and Garcia). #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Donna Adelson is shown tucking the note into her purse without opening it. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

April 2016, the same agent called the Adelson Institute to talk to Donna Adelson

"I need to find out what she thinks about the paperwork," the agent says. "I met her last week."

The undercover called the Adelson Institute in April of 2016 asking to speak to Donna Adelson. We're about to listen to that call. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Donna wasn't able to come to the phone in the call. The undercover asks to tell Adelson he's asking about the paperwork. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Said he then received a phone call from Charlie Adelson the same day, April 28, 2016

He says he received a call from Charlie Adelson on the phone number that he left for Donna Adelson. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

The undercover says he's worked on gangs around the country but never in Miami. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

The news article had $5,000 and a phone number written on it. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

The bump was to "tickle the wire" the agent said

The bump was to "tickle the wire" the agent said, referring to numerous wiretaps in this case

Jury could get the case Wednesday. Prosecution plans to rest Monday

Legal Analyst Terri Austin Says Digital Evidence is Important Because It Places the Defendants At the Scene of the Crime

Oct 4, 2019
----

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Wiretapped Call Between Charlie Adelson & Dental Assistant

Oct 4, 2019

---

Trial Attorney Says Trying To Connect Rivera With Other People Is Great Strategy, Helps Jury

Oct 4, 2019

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 6 Witness: Sgt Chris Corbitt Part 4

Oct 4, 2019

---

Death Investigator Says Digital Evidence Is A Close 2nd Place To DNA Evidence

Oct 4, 2019

---

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 6 Witnesses Sgt Chris Corbitt Part 4 & Mary Hull Fmr Criminal Financial Investigator

Oct 4, 2019

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 6 Witness: Mary Hull Fmr Criminal Financial Investigator Part 2

Oct 4, 2019

---

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 6 Witness Mary Hull Fmr Criminal Financial Investigator Part 3

Oct 4, 2019

---

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 6 Witness Mary Hull Fmr Criminal Financial Investigator Part 4

Oct 4, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members