GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #7 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched J Lacasse. Doesn't seem that, at least for a brief moment, WA may have considered making him the fall guy?
Who tells anyone who they're dating, just don't call me for a week?
Such a definite time period.
This is such a cautionary note to all single men: beware who you meet; looks and personality are simply a veneer.
Dan, Jeff, and Travis A. all ran into sweet, innocent, and sympathetic buzzsaws.

OMG...I just watched the ABC Special on the case, part 2.
They showed the interrogation video of WA taken on 7/18/14, and she said these quotes regarding JL:

1. "I see why he's a good suspect" (7:30:10 pm)
2. "It's like, what if it's Jeff?" (7:49:33 pm)
3. "Like then I did this by asking for some time away from him. I made him crazy?" (7:49:38 pm)
4. "He didn't like Danny, because Danny hurt me." (7:49:46 pm).

OMG again. During this part of the interview, WA is calm and appearing very cooperative and thoughtful with the investigator.
It's like she thinks she's playing out her plan perfectly to implicate JL in the murder - leading the investigator along.
And, she feels it's going so swimmingly well for her.
It's like Jodi Arias, part deux. (and her crazy two invader theory)

I was speckledorfed by WA before she testified. Now I’m very confident to say she knew, she helped in the planning, and she is a malignant narcissist. MOO

smeckledorf
As described by spongebob squarepants, to smeckledorf is to con someone in a way that isn't obvious until later, per urbandictionary.com.

What we find on these threads that are new to us! I will have to find a way to use that word three times today to remember it. :D

this case is not going well for the defense. do the alleged masterminds make a run for it soon?

Report: Rothstein Wired Millions, Sought Extradition Advice
Embattled lawyer sent money to Morocco, sought advice on extradition
Published at 10:37 AM EST on Nov 17, 2009 | Updated at 10:45 AM EST on Nov 17, 2009
With the Feds close on his tail and and his alleged Ponzi scheme unfolding, embattled attorney Scott Rothstein tried to get his ducks in a row. Not only did the Fort Lauderdale lawyer wire $18 million to Morocco, he was apparently exploring his options for fleeing to another country where he'd never be prosecuted, according to the Sun-Sentinel. Ten days before he flew to Morocco, he sent a mass e-mail to the other attorneys at the Rothstein Rosenfeldt Adler firm, seeking advice on a "client" who had committed a crime in the U.S. and fled to Israel and was trying to avoid extradition. "We have a client that was a United States citizen until about 6 months ago. He became a citizen of Israel and renounced his United States citizenship. He is likely to be charged with a multitude of crimes in the united states including fraud, money laundering and embezzlement," Rothstein wrote in the e-mail obtained by the Sun-Sentinel. Ten days later, Oct. 27, Rothstein was on a private plane heading for Morocco, and a lawyer representing investors allegedly bilked by Rothstein said he didn't go to North Africa empty handed. Bill Scherer, lawyer for the investors said he confirmed that Rothstein wired $18 million to Morocco. Whether it came back or not, I don't know," Scherer told the Sun-Sentinel. He said that over $200 million moved through Rothstein accounts in October alone.

Report: Rothstein Wired Millions, Sought Extradition Advice

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 4 Witnesses: Mr Nobles, Ofc Justin Willitz & Waldo Nunez

Oct 2, 2019

---

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 4 Witnesses: Car Rental Worker & Elizabeth Richey - Ballistics Expert

Oct 2, 2019

I wonder, will the state attorneys put in the trial’s records how Ms. Wendi Adelson (mis)behaved after the assassination?

For instance, after the execution of Dan Markel, it was reported (I forgot, might be by news feeds or blogs?) that Wendi Adelson searched for the name of Dr. Amy Adler and the woman’s entourage, who was Markel’s girlfriend at the time, through Google Chrome, to scour websites for “teacher/student *advertiser censored*”.

This is relevant because … while Wendi Adelson’s family adulates her, she appeared to search for disparages to put on the already very dead man’s (assassinated) acquaintances. Or, did she do the website scouring before "the event"?

I wonder, why are not the State attorneys calling the otolaryngologist, the third Adelson doctor, to explain what is wrong with the dentists and the dentist office manager? How the accipitrine behavior of the family drove their daughter-in-law away from them?

This is relevant because … while the third Dr. Adelson and his Dr. Xyz wife are keeping their children away from the grandparents, Dan Markel is executed for his children in a fashion that reminds the manner pregnant women were killed for their unborn child!

Ah - I see what you’re saying. Sorry I misunderstood. This could all be true! I’m sure she regrets saying that word and sure her family is not happy about it. I really thought this too until this trial and now I think she did know but was nervous and not sure it was really going to happen and how to act. But who knows? We may never know the truth.

Au contraire, we may know the truth soon!

I wonder, will the state attorneys put in the trial’s records how Ms. Wendi Adelson (mis)behaved after the assassination?

For instance, after the execution of Dan Markel, it was reported (I forgot, might be by news feeds or blogs?) that Wendi Adelson searched for the name of Dr. Amy Adler and the woman’s entourage, who was Markel’s girlfriend at the time, through Google Chrome, to scour websites for “teacher/student *advertiser censored*”.

This is relevant because … while Wendi Adelson’s family adulates her, she appeared to search for disparages to put on the already very dead man’s (assassinated) acquaintances. Or, did she do the website scouring before "the event"?

I wonder, why are not the State attorneys calling the otolaryngologist, the third Adelson doctor, to explain what is wrong with the dentists and the dentist office manager? How the accipitrine behavior of the family drove their daughter-in-law away from them?

This is relevant because … while the third Dr. Adelson and his Dr. Xyz wife are keeping their children away from the grandparents, Dan Markel is executed for his children in a fashion that reminds the manner pregnant women were killed for their unborn child!

I think this is what you were referring to?

More Disturbing Details About The Dan Markel Murder Case

Three days after Markel was killed, a judge signed a search warrant for information on Wendi Adelson’s phone and investigators began searching her Web browser and email records.

On her computer, investigators found Google Chrome keyword searches for Markel’s girlfriend Amy Adler, Adler’s ex-husband and Adler’s brother. They also found that Wendi Adelson had searched several *advertiser censored* sites for “teacher/student *advertiser censored*.”

Also at this above link

“Lacasse, an FSU professor, was cleared as a suspect a few days after Markel’s death.

Several weeks later, on Aug. 12, Lacasse contacted Tallahassee police investigators to tell them about text messages between him and Wendi Adelson he had been reviewing. He said he and Adelson made reservations to travel to California July 11 to 17.

She canceled plans on June 4”

NOTE BY ME.... June 4th was the date that SG and LR went from Miami to Tally the first time.

And of course their July trip was when he was actually killed, and it would do no good for her to blame him if she was out of town with him.

ETA More also at

TaxProf Blog: Documents Reveal Wendi Adelson's Odd Behavior After Murder Of Dan Markel

Last edited:
I think this is what you were referring to?

More Disturbing Details About The Dan Markel Murder Case

Three days after Markel was killed, a judge signed a search warrant for information on Wendi Adelson’s phone and investigators began searching her Web browser and email records.

On her computer, investigators found Google Chrome keyword searches for Markel’s girlfriend Amy Adler, Adler’s ex-husband and Adler’s brother. They also found that Wendi Adelson had searched several *advertiser censored* sites for “teacher/student *advertiser censored*.”

Also at this above link

“Lacasse, an FSU professor, was cleared as a suspect a few days after Markel’s death.

Several weeks later, on Aug. 12, Lacasse contacted Tallahassee police investigators to tell them about text messages between him and Wendi Adelson he had been reviewing. He said he and Adelson made reservations to travel to California July 11 to 17.

She canceled plans on June 4”

NOTE BY ME.... June 4th was the date that SG and LR went from Miami to Tally the first time.

And of course their July trip was when he was actually killed, and it would do no good for her to blame him if she was out of town with him.

There are just waayyyyyy too many "coincidences" for her not to have kknown/been involved. REASONABLE doubt. It just is not reasonable to believe that she knew nothing about it with all of the little "things" stacking up, like a van exactly like hers pulling up to the crime tape!

Maybe hindsight is 20/20, but I don’t quite get how the mastermind(s) of a murder for hire done like this one thought they wouldn’t be identified sooner or later? Maybe in the olden days but not since the dawn of cell phones and widespread traffic and security cameras.
I’m sure even the past 5 years the number of security/surveillance cameras in neighborhoods etc. have multiplied. But even back in 2014 the assassins were lucky their actual license plate number wasn’t quickly picked up on any surveillance footage located in the early investigation.

IMO arrogance, hubris, recklessness all are qualities of the architect(s) of this plan. They might skate by legally but this will follow them forever. But I guess some people are in a word, shameless.

The scary thing is if the neighbor had not been around to ID the vehicle, they may have gotten away with it. Moreover, Garcia and Rivera weren't exactly criminal masterminds - falling into a creek, taking the car too far on the initial attempt, shooting a hole through the floor, etc. If the situation wasn't so tragic, Beebop and Rocksteady's antics would be straight from a comedy sketch.

Had the masterminds hired a real professional, they might be home free.

For those not watching, this witness (Charlie's exGF) said the last time she talked to Charlie Adelson was yesterday. She's trying to back-pedal from statements she made in July 2016, trying to minimize. Clearly trying to protect him for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne