GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SG and or KM will talk as this killer did who now walks free as a result of her turning in the wife of the victim. I cannot think of another case where the actual shooter gets out of prison and the partner of the victim replaces them for a life sentence.
Celeste Beard | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

I believe this story is quite different in that there are so many other players involved. IMO you have the A's on one hand and Rivera and his minions on the other. What I believe is motivating both SG and especially KM is fear of retaliation. Contrary to what has been presented, I have my own idea about who actually pulled the trigger. I don't see any other reason that KM would not have come clean rather than sit in jail for three years and maybe face prison for life. Her actions put her in a really bad place that she earned.

I believe this story is quite different in that there are so many other players involved. IMO you have the A's on one hand and Rivera and his minions on the other. What I believe is motivating both SG and especially KM is fear of retaliation. Contrary to what has been presented, I have my own idea about who actually pulled the trigger. I don't see any other reason that KM would not have come clean rather than sit in jail for three years and maybe face prison for life. Her actions put her in a really bad place that she earned.
If you were to completely speculate in your own opinion and imagination, who do you think might have been the actual trigger man/woman?

If you were to completely speculate in your own opinion and imagination, who do you think might have been the actual trigger man/woman?

Since you said speculate in my own opinion and imagination, here goes.....

I have no facts, just observations from looking into the eyes of the accused and the deceased and what I feel. First I took a look at Dan and saw honest emotion shining for all to see. Next I looked deep into Garcia and all that resonated was sadness. What I saw from Rivera was cold, hard and unfeeling. Katherine showed not one bit of sadness or remorse and it seemed she was showing strength. Finally Wendi. I was overwhelmed at the manipulation emanating from her. Her smugness, her cunning, her detachment. Deflecting suspicion elsewhere and offering up diversions that leave her blameless and oh so innocent. I'm not falling for it, she is the ONE that benefited from all this. I intentionally left out ma, pa, and brother but they also played their devious part and without their heartless involvement and money Dan would still be here. Wendi, with her influence and emotional exploitation maneuvered her family to get on board and finance this evil deed. And Katherine was more than willing to get on the money train and possibly even suggested providing the means to eliminate Dan. The means being Garcia, who in turn recruited Rivera. You can see where I'm going with this and I know it goes against all the evidence presented so far, but that evidence mainly comes from the mouth of Rivera, who I suspect actually pulled the trigger. Garcia is taking the fall since he was the one that recruited Rivera to make the hit and he is doing his best to protect Katherine the mother of his children. Katherine has kept quiet and sat in jail for three years because she can't implicate Rivera without dire consequences. In my opinion there is no other reason she would not come clean and tell all. She fears for her life and that of her family.

Since you said speculate in my own opinion and imagination, here goes.....

I have no facts, just observations from looking into the eyes of the accused and the deceased and what I feel. First I took a look at Dan and saw honest emotion shining for all to see. Next I looked deep into Garcia and all that resonated was sadness. What I saw from Rivera was cold, hard and unfeeling. Katherine showed not one bit of sadness or remorse and it seemed she was showing strength. Finally Wendi. I was overwhelmed at the manipulation emanating from her. Her smugness, her cunning, her detachment. Deflecting suspicion elsewhere and offering up diversions that leave her blameless and oh so innocent. I'm not falling for it, she is the ONE that benefited from all this. I intentionally left out ma, pa, and brother but they also played their devious part and without their heartless involvement and money Dan would still be here. Wendi, with her influence and emotional exploitation maneuvered her family to get on board and finance this evil deed. And Katherine was more than willing to get on the money train and possibly even suggested providing the means to eliminate Dan. The means being Garcia, who in turn recruited Rivera. You can see where I'm going with this and I know it goes against all the evidence presented so far, but that evidence mainly comes from the mouth of Rivera, who I suspect actually pulled the trigger. Garcia is taking the fall since he was the one that recruited Rivera to make the hit and he is doing his best to protect Katherine the mother of his children. Katherine has kept quiet and sat in jail for three years because she can't implicate Rivera without dire consequences. In my opinion there is no other reason she would not come clean and tell all. She fears for her life and that of her family.

Makes sense, but...

1. What are your thoughts about the trigger man also being the getaway driver?

2. What about the forensic analysis of the scene that says the shooter was likely tall?

We may never know the full story behind KM's and SG's seemingly irrational decision-making. However, I believe the letter SG penned suggests some factors in play. His fixation on his appeals is fascinating -- as is his romantic view that he and KM are star-crossed lovers battling "the other side" together. From the tenor of the letter and its contents, I believe this is a peek into a shared fantasy the two have engaged in since their respective arrests. He refers to her "pursuit of justice" and addresses her as a sort of "fallen" team member as he exhorts her to carry on. What I find interesting is his level of denial with respect to their predicament. The man had absolutely no realistic hope of acquittal given the prodigious amount of evidence against him and any belief there was reversible error for his conviction in this trial borders on magical thinking. My guess is they both see themselves as perversely heroic figures fighting "the man" with little ability or willingness to accept the truly dire situation they are in. This man is going to die in prison, but he paints himself as a brave warrior pledging his undying love to KM. I think we can assume Katie has encouraged this viewpoint and she, no doubt, has painted herself as a brave and oppressed partner. Several days ago I commented that we shouldn't discount the power of psychological avoidance. To us, it is inconceivable that KM would turn down immunity in exchange for helping the State convict the Adelsons and SG. However, doing so would have required publicly confessing her participation in an ineffably callous crime and accepting ownership of a heart black enough to extinguish the life of a young father -- all while assisting the State in putting her children's dad away for life. KM doesn't seem to be a particularly hardened street-chick. Indeed, the photo of her in her bikini with WA and tales of her driving Charlie's Ferrari portray a young woman hoping to travel in circles far removed from such a tawdry, violent crime. By pretending to be oppressed victims of unscrupulous prosecutors, she and SG have created a romantic narrative for themselves that allows them to simply avoid confronting or accepting who they really are.

It is certainly possible that the Adelsons are puppet masters influencing KM. However, this letter and KM's behavior on the stand convince me it is equally likely we are witnessing a couple desperately in denial and willing to accept prison rather than face the opprobrium and self-loathing that would accompany an admission of guilt. SG's pleading to KM that "I need you more than ever" and his pledge to fight to his last breath on appeal indicates that he's completely bought into the shared fantasy that she might yet escape. I imagine there have been many letters and verbal messages passed between attorneys over the past several years that have fed this unique folie a deux (a psychiatric syndrome in which symptoms of a delusional belief are shared by two people).
I agree with you generally about the psycho/social aspects. Can you really have any relationships with friends or family (including your children) or really anyone -- if you admit participation in such a horrible crime? What would your life be like going forward in terms of employment and relationships? Maybe jail is a better alternative. JMO.

Makes sense, but...

1. What are your thoughts about the trigger man also being the getaway driver?

2. What about the forensic analysis of the scene that says the shooter was likely tall?

I don't know maybe they both took turns driving at various times. As for being tall. I've seen many movies depicting gangsters shooting with arm raised gun turned sideways and firing downward. Maybe they do that in real life, just a guess. I looked to their eyes for my story.

I agree with you generally about the psycho/social aspects. Can you really have any relationships with friends or family (including your children) or really anyone -- if you admit participation in such a horrible crime? What would your life be like going forward in terms of employment and relationships? Maybe jail is a better alternative. JMO.

Personally I could never see prison as a better alternative. Being told every little thing I could and couldn't do, not to forget being locked up. In the world she could go to bed when she wanted, hug her kids, eat real food, enjoy the outdoors, on and on, and family can be very forgiving and supportive. But I appreciate your view and we're all just guessing what is real, passing the time waiting for something new to break in this case that I am obsessed about.

this wendi.PNG patty playtime.jpg

60 years ago my sister got "patty playtime" as a christmas present. We all thought she was creepy and that trend continues with my sister's grandchildren being afraid of her. Stick a knife in her head and a few scars on her face and you have the bride of "Chucky". See a resemblance in the expression of both photos to a particular POI?

View attachment 209696 View attachment 209698

60 years ago my sister got "patty playtime" as a christmas present. We all thought she was creepy and that trend continues with my sister's grandchildren being afraid of her. Stick a knife in her head and a few scars on her face and you have the bride of "Chucky". See a resemblance in the expression of both photos to a particular POI?

oh wishbone ... that's funny!!

View attachment 209696 View attachment 209698

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LOL

Patty Playtime and....

Wendi Whack
Wendi Wipeout

Dolls
:p:p:p:p:p:p

oh wishbone ... that's funny!!

You don't know the half of it, my sister teases her teen gkids with patty. They are really disturbed by her. The kids insist she put her away when they visit, but sis brings her out when they least expect it. Like when they are asleep she will stand her at the end of the bed(she's tall) and take a photo to show them in the morning.

You don't know the half of it, my sister teases her teen gkids with patty. They are really disturbed by her. The kids insist she put her away when they visit, but sis brings her out when they least expect it. Like when they are asleep she will stand her at the end of the bed(she's tall) and take a photo to show them in the morning.

OMG, that's awful. Your sister sounds hilarious lol.

Over optimist State Attorneys say that “we will do it better and we will get Katherine Magbanua the next time around.” Given the lack of new information, that is pipe dream. Any hope of climbing the ladder of this partnership in crime would require major material evidence. The circumstantial evidences will never be enough. Sad to say but any hope of getting the One silent partner, or perhaps the Four silent partners, of this commandite fads away fast.

Agreed. He seems pretty resigned and really ok with his fate. It’s not like he was doing great career wise or financially before this... just so sad for their children!
ETA: referring to SG here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member