GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry for your family's loss, Gypsy ... I'm sure you are a great comfort to your sister at this difficult time.
Thank you. She’s my rock. Just feel helpless for her. But the light WILL shine again!

How do people like the Adelsons so easily snuff out a life!? I don’t get it!!!!!! How can there be a whole family like this (besides Rob) a family who looks normal on the outside, a family who kinda had it all, yet so evil! It boggles my mind.

Thank you. She’s my rock. Just feel helpless for her. But the light WILL shine again!

How do people like the Adelsons so easily snuff out a life!? I don’t get it!!!!!! How can there be a whole family like this (besides Rob) a family who looks normal on the outside, a family who kinda had it all, yet so evil! It boggles my mind.

It boggles my mind too. How entitled do you have to be to make this OK in your warped brain?? And to have more than ONE person in on it together, willing to do it! In this case there were at least SIX PEOPLE! Maybe 7!

When is the State of Florida going transfer SG into the prison system now that he has been found guilty by a jury of his peers? When the transfer does occur, the further away from his home city he is confined the better until he begins to cooperate instead of remaining in a state of no remorse. No convenient and easy access for his visitors. He doesn't care about the children of DM and their visitation rights. Why should the State of Florida care about his conveniences? He knows who put the money in his hand on July 19, 2014 after this senseless murder and at a minimum he should have to come forward with what he knows.

Last edited:
When is the State of Florida going transfer SG into the prison system now that he has been found guilty by a jury of his peers? When the transfer does occur, the further away from his home city he is confined the better until he begins to cooperate instead of remaining in a state of no remorse. No convenient and easy access for his visitors. He doesn't care about the children of DM. Why should the State of Florida care about his conveniences? He knows who put the money in his hand on July 19, 2014 after this senseless murder.

Garcia has been in the Leon County Jail since his arrest in 2016.
He will soon be transferred into the custody of the Florida Department of Corrections. A spokesman for the Leon County Sheriff's Office says that usually happens within a week or so.
A DOC spokesman says Garcia will first go to a receiving center for evaluation and will then be transferred to a prison based on his security status and available bed space. There's no guarantee that will be near his home in Miami, the DOC said.

Convicted trigger man gets life sentence in Dan Markel murder

Ugh, I was hoping KM was going to unload that weasel DeCoste. And, is this a wise move? Doesn't it open Garcia up to being questioned by the state, as well?

IMO - Maybe KM's attorneys are ultimately trying to protect CA by getting SG to deny the conspiracy in a deposition or trial? IMO this was the same reason they put KM on the stand. In both cases, should KM or SG finally wake up and change their minds and try to flip on CA, their potential damage to CA is highly diminished because of the conflicting testimony. Who is the master puppeteer pulling the strings?

Last edited:
The State of Florida prison system has 4 regions. Regions 1 thru 4 head from west to east with Tallahassee being in Region 1. They should keep SG in region one as far west of Tallahassee as possible and for as long as it takes for him to come to reality and at least show some remorse for all the pain and suffering he has caused to the Markel Family.

Something I've been curious to know ... Did WA go to the hospital to see Dan before he died? In the podcast Dan's friend, Mark Spottswood mentions the hospital staff setting up a phone tree to let people know what happened and if you want to see Dan before he's gone you need to come. While being questioned by police Wendi calls mom telling her she needs help/needs her to come ... and it's said she calls a friend to pickup the boys (didn't want police car getting them from school). Did she go to his bedside ... to say goodbye to the father of her children??

IMO - Maybe KM's attorneys are ultimately trying to protect CA by getting SG to deny the conspiracy in a deposition or trial? IMO this was the same reason they put KM on the stand. In both cases, should KM or SG finally wake up and change their minds and try to flip on CA, their potential damage to CA is highly diminished because of the conflicting testimony. Who is the master puppeteer pulling the strings?
Sad and more than likely true. It is beginning to get to the point, where KM/SG have become useless. She listened to her Attorney's and ended up with a mistrial thinking she had this case in the bag. She tried to defy commonsense where guilt is obvious and went from being a valuable witness to being useless. Maybe God has a better plan, where all involved get the maximum sentence and KM receives what she truly deserves for a sentence.

Last edited:
Something I've been curious to know ... Did WA go to the hospital to see Dan before he died? In the podcast Dan's friend, Mark Spottswood mentions the hospital staff setting up a phone tree to let people know what happened and if you want to see Dan before he's gone you need to come. While being questioned by police Wendi calls mom telling her she needs help/needs her to come ... and it's said she calls a friend to pickup the boys (didn't want police car getting them from school). Did she go to his bedside ... to say goodbye to the father of her children??

I've wondered this as well. I doubt she did. I'm sure the police know the answer to this question as they probably interviewed the ICU staff about his visitors.

We may never know the full story behind KM's and SG's seemingly irrational decision-making. However, I believe the letter SG penned suggests some factors in play. His fixation on his appeals is fascinating -- as is his romantic view that he and KM are star-crossed lovers battling "the other side" together. From the tenor of the letter and its contents, I believe this is a peek into a shared fantasy the two have engaged in since their respective arrests. He refers to her "pursuit of justice" and addresses her as a sort of "fallen" team member as he exhorts her to carry on. What I find interesting is his level of denial with respect to their predicament. The man had absolutely no realistic hope of acquittal given the prodigious amount of evidence against him and any belief there was reversible error for his conviction in this trial borders on magical thinking. My guess is they both see themselves as perversely heroic figures fighting "the man" with little ability or willingness to accept the truly dire situation they are in. This man is going to die in prison, but he paints himself as a brave warrior pledging his undying love to KM. I think we can assume Katie has encouraged this viewpoint and she, no doubt, has painted herself as a brave and oppressed partner. Several days ago I commented that we shouldn't discount the power of psychological avoidance. To us, it is inconceivable that KM would turn down immunity in exchange for helping the State convict the Adelsons and SG. However, doing so would have required publicly confessing her participation in an ineffably callous crime and accepting ownership of a heart black enough to extinguish the life of a young father -- all while assisting the State in putting her children's dad away for life. KM doesn't seem to be a particularly hardened street-chick. Indeed, the photo of her in her bikini with WA and tales of her driving Charlie's Ferrari portray a young woman hoping to travel in circles far removed from such a tawdry, violent crime. By pretending to be oppressed victims of unscrupulous prosecutors, she and SG have created a romantic narrative for themselves that allows them to simply avoid confronting or accepting who they really are.

It is certainly possible that the Adelsons are puppet masters influencing KM. However, this letter and KM's behavior on the stand convince me it is equally likely we are witnessing a couple desperately in denial and willing to accept prison rather than face the opprobrium and self-loathing that would accompany an admission of guilt. SG's pleading to KM that "I need you more than ever" and his pledge to fight to his last breath on appeal indicates that he's completely bought into the shared fantasy that she might yet escape. I imagine there have been many letters and verbal messages passed between attorneys over the past several years that have fed this unique folie a deux (a psychiatric syndrome in which symptoms of a delusional belief are shared by two people).

Thank you. My dear sisters hubby passed away Sunday. We loved him so much. Taking it day by day. Thought I’d check in here as a distraction last night. Miss you guys and discussing this case. I feel so passionate about justice for Dan.
I’m so sorry Gypsy Road. Glad you are able to be there for your sister. <3

We may never know the full story behind KM's and SG's seemingly irrational decision-making. However, I believe the letter SG penned suggests some factors in play. His fixation on his appeals is fascinating -- as is his romantic view that he and KM are star-crossed lovers battling "the other side" together. From the tenor of the letter and its contents, I believe this is a peek into a shared fantasy the two have engaged in since their respective arrests. He refers to her "pursuit of justice" and addresses her as a sort of "fallen" team member as he exhorts her to carry on. What I find interesting is his level of denial with respect to their predicament. The man had absolutely no realistic hope of acquittal given the prodigious amount of evidence against him and any belief there was reversible error for his conviction in this trial borders on magical thinking. My guess is they both see themselves as perversely heroic figures fighting "the man" with little ability or willingness to accept the truly dire situation they are in. This man is going to die in prison, but he paints himself as a brave warrior pledging his undying love to KM. I think we can assume Katie has encouraged this viewpoint and she, no doubt, has painted herself as a brave and oppressed partner. Several days ago I commented that we shouldn't discount the power of psychological avoidance. To us, it is inconceivable that KM would turn down immunity in exchange for helping the State convict the Adelsons and SG. However, doing so would have required publicly confessing her participation in an ineffably callous crime and accepting ownership of a heart black enough to extinguish the life of a young father -- all while assisting the State in putting her children's dad away for life. KM doesn't seem to be a particularly hardened street-chick. Indeed, the photo of her in her bikini with WA and tales of her driving Charlie's Ferrari portray a young woman hoping to travel in circles far removed from such a tawdry, violent crime. By pretending to be oppressed victims of unscrupulous prosecutors, she and SG have created a romantic narrative for themselves that allows them to simply avoid confronting or accepting who they really are.

It is certainly possible that the Adelsons are puppet masters influencing KM. However, this letter and KM's behavior on the stand convince me it is equally likely we are witnessing a couple desperately in denial and willing to accept prison rather than face the opprobrium and self-loathing that would accompany an admission of guilt. SG's pleading to KM that "I need you more than ever" and his pledge to fight to his last breath on appeal indicates that he's completely bought into the shared fantasy that she might yet escape. I imagine there have been many letters and verbal messages passed between attorneys over the past several years that have fed this unique folie a deux (a psychiatric syndrome in which symptoms of a delusional belief are shared by two people).

This is SO good and spot on.

100% OT: I sometime have my computer read long posts to me and it reads KM's as kilometers :D:D:D

There is also a huge cognitive dissonance component to SG.
He thinks and acts in ways that he imagines are in concert with KM to:
1) subjugate any regret he may have for the murder to the greater good of their relationship that benefited from the murder; and
2) demonstrate that he is doing important favors for KM, which thereby enhance his feelings toward her.

I wonder how much time has to go by before these attitudes fade.
He has a long time to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member