GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 57m57 minutes ago
Dr. Harper says Katherine Magbanua would say things that she knew would hurt him, like tell him he's a terrible father. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 55m55 minutes ago
Dr. Harper says leading up to the murder, Garcia was dealing with sciatic nerve damage and unemployed. Magbanua broke up with him over money and started dating a wealthier man. He was depressed, embarrassed, sleeping on couches, and feeling hopeless. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 53m53 minutes ago
DSM5 is a system psychologists use to diagnose people. Dr. Harper saw PTSD stemming from when he was shot. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 52m52 minutes ago
She says Garcia can't watch violent movies with lots of gunshots because he gets nightmares. He also can't handle people sneaking up on him. Both she says stem from when he was shot. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 46m46 minutes ago
The state is now questioning Dr. Harper. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 30m30 minutes ago
Garcia has been arrested more than 10 times. The state says he was 6 at the time of the first run in. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 6m6 minutes ago
Sigfredo Garcia is still not going to testify. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 1m1 minute ago
The defense has rested. The state is calling their own mental health expert, Dr. Greg Prichard, in rebuttal. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 12m12 minutes ago
Dr. Prichard disagrees with Dr. Harper about Sigfredo Garcia's manic depressive diagnosis. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 10m10 minutes ago
Dr. Prichard says Sigfredo Garcia shows signs more akin to adjustment disorder with depression. Those came up after his incarceration. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Last edited:
Julie Montanaro WCTV‏Verified account @JulieMontanaroW 5m5 minutes ago
Garcia just told the judge he will not testify in the penalty phase either @WCTV

To be honest I do feel sorry for him. The real DP should be for the masterminds. I realize he did what he did and it was wrong and deserves death. It is kinda like how some of us liked LR. I have been thru a trauma where I turned to God to change my life. I only wish SG could have had that moment prior to this senseless and horrible act. Please do not come after me as I have been consistent that KM and her extended family (joke) should be the ones on the hook that the SA needs to set!!!!!

I am having such a hard time with listening to this. I wish there was another prosecutor on this case where they could put up a rebuttal psychologist or psychiatrist. She has interviewed him, and diagnosed him within the past few weeks, including yesterday. The test of course will show he was depressed. He is about to have the death penalty within 24 hours of her last visit with him. How much of the total 8 hours were within the trial time frame? ALL????

I've seen a few cases that talk about the invalidity of retroactive psychological diagnosis, especially in the Jodi Arias trial. It just is invalid. M o o.
Agreed! He’s been in custody for 3 years and I am almost positive that in Florida a defendant with charges like this would have been evaluated by a psychiatrist. Sooo... that evaluation is not being presented for whatever reason. JMO

To be honest I do feel sorry for him. The real DP should be for the masterminds. I realize he did what he did and it was wrong and deserves death. It is kinda like how some of us liked LR. I have been thru a trauma where I turned to God to change my life. I only wish SG could have had that moment prior to this senseless and horrible act. Please do not come after me as I have been consistent that KM and her extended family (joke) should be the ones on the hook that the SA needs to set!!!!!
You are not alone. I do too. He has had a much harder childhood than most and didn’t have the skills to get far in school to get past it for one thing...
And I have no doubt that KM was not a healthy partner. JMO

Reading tweets about Prichard's testimony and it sounds like Garcia has been a criminal his whole life. Murder was just the next step. He'd done everything else it sounds like. This is the trajectory for a life of crime. They always end up here. *sigh* Then they get put away for life. Garcia was headed this way. If it wasn't Dan Markel it would've been someone else.

So SG has been a gunshot victim himself and was traumatized by it and hates to hear gunshots.
And Yet........

IMO I’m not for the death penalty for him - esp not when the main architects of the plot are free as birds and not when his hit man sidekick got 7 yrs.

So SG has been a gunshot victim himself and was traumatized by it and hates to hear gunshots.
And Yet........

IMO I’m not for the death penalty for him - esp not when the main architects of the plot are free as birds and not when his hit man sidekick got 7 yrs.

The only reason I want the DP for his is to motivate KM to flip.

I'm ambivalent on the death penalty. Without question it has been unfairly applied in the past. However, this is such a heinous crime committed so coldly with such a devastating effect on Dan's family. I don't expect the jury to recommend it, but I'm fine if they do.

Really appreciate finding this community. I'm pleased to see such thoughtful discussion without the drama and hostility that so often effects forums and discussion boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member