GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, without hearing part 4, I'm getting the impression that those who voted NG for Katie did so mostly because "its not fair! The Adelsons are walking free!" Maybe if the Adelsons had already been convicted they would have felt differently for this poor little mommy.
GC mentioned in her closing argument the Adelsons are not on trial here. KM/SG are the ones they must decide on based on the jury instructions and evidence before you.

I didn't watch opening statements. Can someone clarify if either defense atty brought up the prosecutors being "corrupt"? The only "misstep" I thought GC made was making what kind of stood out as a big deal about how the jury can think she's corrupt or whatever but that shouldn't sway how they view the evidence. I get where the argument was coming from. There is / was a lot of talk especially in Tallahassee of the prosecutors office being corrupt because they haven't gone after the Adelsons and this is a Tallahassee jury so even if they haven't followed the case there could be some worry about the jury coming in with pre-conceived ideas about the prosecution. But the comments stood out to me and I thought why put that in the jury's head right before they go into deliberations. If you believe they didn't come into this with preconceived ideas about what happened and who is responsible then don't put the idea in the head that it's okay to have preconceived ideas about prosecution's motives.

I didn't watch opening statements. Can someone clarify if either defense atty brought up the prosecutors being "corrupt"? The only "misstep" I thought GC made was making what kind of stood out as a big deal about how the jury can think she's corrupt or whatever but that shouldn't sway how they view the evidence. I get where the argument was coming from. There is / was a lot of talk especially in Tallahassee of the prosecutors office being corrupt because they haven't gone after the Adelsons and this is a Tallahassee jury so even if they haven't followed the case there could be some worry about the jury coming in with pre-conceived ideas about the prosecution. But the comments stood out to me and I thought why put that in the jury's head right before they go into deliberations. If you believe they didn't come into this with preconceived ideas about what happened and who is responsible then don't put the idea in the head that it's okay to have preconceived ideas about prosecution's motives.

I think DeCoste and Kawass implied that GC was corrupt by prosecuting an innocent woman just to get to the masterminds. I agree with you, GC's response could have been better. GC should have said "I'm here for one thing and one thing only! Justice for Dan Markel!" with righteous indignation.

I thought the same thing as you and I believe commented on that here. I don't recall that being brought up at all so I didn't think it was necessary. I'm not from Florida and didn't know that there were opinions about her being corrupt. Maybe it's different there, but.....just not necessary. Hopefully she will not do that next time.

I agree with both. In some ways I wasn't surprised she didn't go after KM harder or longer. I wondered at the time if she held back because of wanting to preserve some testimony to be able to use KM against CA, DA or WA. We all know using KM against the Adelsons will be a harder road now that she's testified. But maybe GC thought they had done enough to make people see that she is involved that she didn't want to burn her completely as a future witness or take the risk of people sympothizing with her with a big scary prosecutor going after the poor mom. My guess is if KM takes the stand in a new trial (which I think she will probably gamble on since it seems like that is probably what saved her with at least one juror) GC will go after her for much longer and try harder to rattle her and make her contradict her own answers.
I think DeCoste and Kawass implied that GC was corrupt by prosecuting an innocent woman just to get to the masterminds. I agree with you, GC's response could have been better. GC should have said "I'm here for one thing and one thing only! Justice for Dan Markel!" with righteous indignation.
This is why the second time around the defenses chances for acquittal go from slim to none. All those objections and inadmissible evidence which were sustained for the defense will be corrected by the prosecution. LR will have a very refreshed memory, which will make him look much more credible and he will continue to point the finger at KM and her involvement. All the Latin King noise by SG's Attorney will be gone the next time around. MOO.

Last edited:
This is why the second time around the defenses chances for acquittal go from slim to none. All those objections and inadmissible evidence which were sustained for the defense will be corrected by the prosecution.

What kind of evidence would be allowed in a retrial that would not have been allowed in a first trial?

Here's the online office temp resume for CA's baby's mama. I wonder if like June U, she was unaware of the huge cloud of suspicion that CA was under when she decided to hook up with him. What an icebreaker that would be for a prospective fling aka booty call.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 2.40.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 2.40.54 PM.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 88
What kind of evidence would be allowed in a retrial that would not have been allowed in a first trial?
Better explanation of the all the cell phone information during the trial where the jury doesn't have to send out a note requesting the exhibits that were denied them. This was allowed but the prosecution were banking on the exhibits, that are not allowed in the jury room to make it easier on themselves.

Better explanation of the all the cell phone information during the trial where the jury doesn't have to send out a note requesting the exhibits that were denied them. This was allowed but the prosecution were banking on the exhibits, that are not allowed in the jury room to make it easier on themselves.

I vote for @vislaw's presentation!

Interesting Dateline tonight about a woman (and a couple of her family members) who ordered a hit on her Jewish (I think?) husband. Took years, but all parties were eventually convicted - life in prison.

I suppose everyone is familiar with the OMDB podcast but Matthew Shaer also wrote the GQ report linked below - and hosted the related podcast "Prodfather".

Mendel Epstein and the Orthodox Hit Squad

I left a comment on Mentour Lawyer asking the numbers for and against conviction of KM and the reply I got was to watch the videos. Looking on his page I see there are going to be 8 videos with the same laughing giggling pro Km juror. I'm guessing I won't get my answer until #8, if then. And if I don't hear from another juror with some sense I'm not going to believe what she says anyway.

I left a comment on Mentour Lawyer asking the numbers for and against conviction of KM and the reply I got was to watch the videos. Looking on his page I see there are going to be 8 videos with the same laughing giggling pro Km juror. I'm guessing I won't get my answer until #8, if then. And if I don't hear from another juror with some sense I'm not going to believe what she says anyway.
Remember the OWL sees all 360 and pounces on its unsuspecting prey. I think the owl was intentional and LR code as well as that of the ever loving WA.

If they don't believe KM was the middle woman then how on earth do they think this conspiracy got set up?
It's hard to believe more than one person wouldn't convict, I hope not too many of them believed KM's story. She also mentioned there being heated discussion on the honesty of Rivera's testimony that sounded like the jury was split. I'm leaning toward him being the actual shooter and it seems some of the jurors might have been too. But, when it comes down to it all the players are guilty of murder in one form or another.

When the jury came back with a guilty verdict for SG it was all over but the crying for KM and she cried. He knows her role. It's just a matter of time and patience by the State. SG/KM will crack and we will know exactly when they do as CA will be in custody shortly thereafter.

Well I think so.....what makes you think it is not?

I thought same thing today.

Click bait we are.

No one else has an interview, and he has responded to all my questions....his personal facebook posts are only a few months old...just wondering

eta: I am fairly new and feeling paranoid...I pasted an MSM article on the Maleah Davis case and it was false...after I questioned the reporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman