GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I'm very worried about future jury selection - not just for this case, but for all of humanity.
The interviewed juror seems to view KM through her identity group and oppression status.
As the juror views the trial through the lens of GC's white privilege, the juror sees any challenging questioning of KM as further oppression and justification for acquittal.
That's just nuts.
KM took the money. She was the conduit.
But, she could have worked a few more bottle hour shifts instead.
Or, she could have used her college education (a privilege that so few people that have ever existed on this planet have experienced) to raise herself up out of oppression.

I'm thinking that the AG's office must find a black or Hispanic female prosecutor for next time.
Just imagine what that juror would have thought had Juan Martinez been the prosecutor.

This Juror said it was 9-3 on KM's guilt. The 3 were all females - one was age 20-30, the other three were in a different age group. She sounds like a SJW.

Was just able to finish watching these videos and I completely agree--she's a SJW. How in the world was she allowed on a DP qualified jury? Wondering if she lied to get on the case.

The juror sounded legit to me. JMO.
Wow. This juror is not bright...
Out of all the jurors on the panel. Mentour comes up with the dud.
He responded to you, Peke, and said he's going to try to get an interview with a juror who thought KM was guilty.
Wow. This juror is not bright...
This Juror said it was 9-3 on KM's guilt. The 3 were all females - one was age 20-30, the other three were in a different age group. She sounds like a SJW.

Was just able to finish watching these videos and I completely agree--she's a SJW. How in the world was she allowed on a DP qualified jury? Wondering if she lied to get on the case.
Thank God 2/3's of the Jury had enough common sense to render the correct verdict. They bought the Defense closing argument and decided on their emotions instead of the facts and law in front of them. Still, a 9-3 outcome doesn't look good for KM at this point as the State gets another "bite at the apple" Now we can see why the Prosecution is moving very cautiously in their pursuit of CA and his high powered lawyers.

Out of all the jurors on the panel. Mentour comes up with the dud.

Thank God 2/3's of the Jury had enough common sense to render the correct verdict. They bought the Defense closing argument and decided on their emotions instead of the facts and law in front of them. Still, a 9-3 outcome doesn't look good for KM at this point as the State gets another "bite at the apple" Now we can see why the Prosecution is moving very cautiously in their pursuit of CA and his high powered lawyers.

Yes, the next time they definitely need to find jurors who will make decisions on facts, not emotions. Especially since after seeing this interview, the defense will try even harder next time to appeal to emotions!

I'm glad these videos show a "dud." What would the prosecution learn from someone who voted Guilty and agreed with everything they did and said? I do hope we hear from one of those, mainly because I wanna hear what they thought of the NG jurors, but it's definitely more helpful to hear from someone who voted NG.

Haha there were jurors that were biased against bottle girls? What a great observation. Thats what she gets from the evidence. The more this idiot talks the less I believe she lives in the same universe that I do. And she is trying to instruct on reasonable doubt? It seems this whole trial was nothing more than a big joke to her....insert more laughs and giggles. I can't listen to much more of her drivel.

Haha there were jurors that were biased against bottle girls? What a great observation. Thats what she gets from the evidence. The more this idiot talks the less I believe she lives in the same universe that I do. And she is trying to instruct on reasonable doubt? It seems this whole trial was nothing more than a big joke to her....insert more laughs and giggles. I can't listen to much more of her drivel.
Did she mention Dan Markel at all? Seems like she identified more with KM.

A commenter on the videos had a good point that this could be a case of the 20-30 crowd and the CSI phenomenon (paraphrasing). They can't accept that circumstantial evidence is still evidence.

Man, I'm very worried about future jury selection - not just for this case, but for all of humanity.
The interviewed juror seems to view KM through her identity group and oppression status.
As the juror views the trial through the lens of GC's white privilege, the juror sees any challenging questioning of KM as further oppression and justification for acquittal.
That's just nuts.
KM took the money. She was the conduit.
But, she could have worked a few more bottle hour shifts instead.
Or, she could have used her college education (a privilege that so few people that have ever existed on this planet have experienced) to raise herself up out of oppression.

I'm thinking that the AG's office must find a black or Hispanic female prosecutor for next time.
Just imagine what that juror would have thought had Juan Martinez been the prosecutor.
This has been a problem before and agree that it will be again.
There will be issues with professional juries too.
Was wondering about the defense and the State being able to check potential jurors social media posts. This again is a slippery slope for sure but could help maybe eliminate jurors who cannot listen to different kinds of people and identify with anything they say...

A commenter on the videos had a good point that this could be a case of the 20-30 crowd and the CSI phenomenon (paraphrasing). They can't accept that circumstantial evidence is still evidence.
In a re-trial the State will have the time to hone in on this and tighten up its arguments about the mountain of circumstantial evidence in this case. Also hopefully they can winnow out jurors who don't understand the significance of circumstantial evidence. JMO.

What I've learned from watching the videos for next time:

• Have a minority, preferably young, at the prosecution table.
  • Ask jurors how they feel about cosmetic surgery.
  • Ask jurors about being single parents, specifically if they have experience with custody issues.
  • Ask jurors how they feel about tax evasion and welfare/Medicaid fraud.
  • Use the phrase "elective surgery" and not "breast enhancement, boob job, or 'Tips with a P.'"
  • Use the word "waitress" and not "bottle girl." Let the defense bring up "bottle girl."
  • Make sure jurors who are chosen won't be swayed by emotion and instead look at facts.
  • Make sure jurors who are chosen understand that circumstantial evidence is still evidence.
  • Don't announce to the jury that some people think you are corrupt.

I'm sure there is more......

Good grief, what an absolute idiot that juror is. I'm almost speechless at some of her comments. How do people like this even function in the real world?
Anyone that has followed this trial and can't see that KM was clearly the conduit between the Adelsons and the hitmen is beyond help. CA needed someone to eliminate the Adelson's "problem" and the evidence clearly shows he just went to KM and said, "hey, I know you know some low-lifes, think a couple of them can do me a favor? There will be some cash and a set of new *advertiser censored* in it for you if you can." Problem taken care of thanks to KM. Any other scenario is not more reasonable than that one. Period.
People this dumb shouldn't be allowed to reproduce or ever be part of something as serious as a murder trial.
This is just a perfect example of how important jury selection is, no matter how long and tedious it can be.
Hopefully they can get better jurors in trial two.
Now excuse me while I go run a drill bit through my ear so I never have to hear that laugh again.

When the jury came back with a guilty verdict for SG it was all over but the crying for KM and she cried. He knows her role. It's just a matter of time and patience by the State. SG/KM will crack and we will know exactly when they do as CA will be in custody shortly thereafter.

IMO KM's testimony wasn't needed in the first place to convict her and SG. What it did is get NG votes from jurors with their own agenda and bias for her. If she tries to implicate the A's after her testimony of record, it will appear she's just looking for a get out of jail free card. The defense for the A's would destroy her. I hope they keep her off the witness stand. The one and only exception, IMO, would be if KM produced some infallible concrete evidence that was beyond dispute. Was she cunning enough to tuck away something that incriminating? If so, I sincerely hope it includes Wendi.

Happy Sunday to all ... playing with granddaughter this weekend so I'm way behind on juror interview videos!! Thought the makeup of the jury panel might glean some insight into her responses. What I've heard so far ... has irritated the hell out of me!!
J1 - F 63 yrs.
J2 - F 46 yrs.
J3 - M 37 yrs.
J4 - F 54 yrs.
J5 - F 29 yrs.
J6 - F 44 yrs.
J7 - F 30 yrs.
J8 - F 21 yrs.
J9 - F 21 yrs.
J10 - F 54 yrs.
J11 - F 25 yrs.
J12 - M 60 yrs.-Foreman