GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So she did this favor for him and was basically planning to extort him for life! He was gonna be her lifetime cash cow
I am friends with old boyfriends and have done business with old boyfriends. I also know a woman who kept her ex-husband on the payroll and all he did was play golf…lol!

Last edited:
I’m confused. Why does she need employment to get Medicaid for her kids? I thought Medicaid was generally for poor families. Why does she need to fake employment with Adelson dental to become eligible?

Based on Katie taking the stand alone I will be shocked if she’s or convicted. IMO. She is not doing herself any favours. I wonder what her lawyers advised?

Her whole deer in headlights routine is so grating. She keeps asking Dugan to find the answers in the records or to show her her employment history and deposits etc. I get that she doesn’t have to prove anything but then don’t take the stand. You’ve had years to try to put a timeline together and gather evidence. It’s just so convenient that she doesn’t remember anything. If you’re so innocent you’d be on that stand desperately trying to recall things.

I know a lot here really like the State and this team but I thought this exchange was interesting....

While Dugan was trying to really double-down on this amount of money KM made at the clubs, this was some of the question & answers:
(using the 2019 testimony transcript for reference)
Dugan: your prior testimony, on a good night for you, you'd walk out of there with a '$1000-1500', isnt that true?
KM: Yes, Ma'am
Dugan: And you said you'd work there 'sometimes 2 times a week' ? .....On the next page? Page 37?....That's what you said in 2019?
KM: yes, ma'am
Dugan: And you gave that testimony, that you'd walk out of there with $1000 too $1500 a night and that was before Ramzi Naber was a witness in this case, isn't that true?
KM: Yes, ma'am
-
One small part of the statements that seemed to disappear entirely from Dugan's questions as she said "per night", "every night", "all the time you worked there" in her questioning after this. The on a "good" night part that KM kept trying to reference was dropped by the State, and I was a bit surprised that her counsel didn't object since the quote(s) she was using were missing that word (which seems important since it does possibly signify finances from a successful night vs. a much less-attended and therefore less paid in tips night)

But also, I am also not sure, with all the evidence they have, trying to attack her to this level of detail over the cash tips (especially when the jury has already been told by Defense about the cash tips vs. credit paychecks) is even really all that helpful or necessary. KM tried many times to explain the type of music/night affected the amount of tips received vs. slow and more-popular times seems pretty reasonable IMOO. They can catch her in several other lies and not talk in circles about the two clubs, but JMOO.

I’m confused. Why does she need employment to get Medicaid for her kids? I thought Medicaid was generally for poor families. Why does she need to fake employment with Adelson dental to become eligible?
I’m sure you have to show financial assets to apply. She had a bank account with money coming in and was paying her rent, so to explain where that money was coming in she needed some work documentation/proof of income. (The fact the fake Adelman Institute job could also serve as a non-criminal pretext for why she was getting lots of cash infused from that family was another reason)

Yeah it’s all kinda circuitous I think it’s because the case is highly circumstantial. This testimony about Dolce Vita convo is a mess because she’s just going to deny being able to hear anything on the audio and avoid answering any qs about it. It’s her only move.

Yeah it’s all kinda circuitous I think it’s because the case is highly circumstantial. This testimony about Dolce Vita convo is a mess because she’s just going to deny being able to hear anything on the audio and avoid answering any qs about it. It’s her only move.
I think KM's testimony on Dolce Vita makes no sense and it ties it all together for the State. JMO

I know a lot here really like the State and this team but I thought this exchange was interesting....

While Dugan was trying to really double-down on this amount of money KM made at the clubs, this was some of the question & answers:
(using the 2019 testimony transcript for reference)
Dugan: your prior testimony, on a good night for you, you'd walk out of there with a '$1000-1500', isnt that true?
KM: Yes, Ma'am
Dugan: And you said you'd work there 'sometimes 2 times a week' ? .....On the next page? Page 37?....That's what you said in 2019?
KM: yes, ma'am
Dugan: And you gave that testimony, that you'd walk out of there with $1000 too $1500 a night and that was before Ramzi Naber was a witness in this case, isn't that true?
KM: Yes, ma'am
-
One small part of the statements that seemed to disappear entirely from Dugan's questions as she said "per night", "every night", "all the time you worked there" in her questioning after this. The on a "good" night part that KM kept trying to reference was dropped by the State, and I was a bit surprised that her counsel didn't object since the quote(s) she was using were missing that word (which seems important since it does possibly signify finances from a successful night vs. a much less-attended and therefore less paid in tips night)

But also, I am also not sure, with all the evidence they have, trying to attack her to this level of detail over the cash tips (especially when the jury has already been told by Defense about the cash tips vs. credit paychecks) is even really all that helpful or necessary. KM tried many times to explain the type of music/night affected the amount of tips received vs. slow and more-popular times seems pretty reasonable IMOO. They can catch her in several other lies and not talk in circles about the two clubs, but J
So agree with you! It is common knowledge that waitresses, bartenders, as well as some management don’t declare cash tips or cash income. The owner of that business was trying to downplay how the business did, for sure they did not declare all the income. Also re breast aug, that is absolutely true that plastic surgeons will reduce price for patients paying in cash

Last edited:
I think KM's testimony on Dolce Vita makes no sense and it ties it all together for the State. JMO
I agree she loses all credibility saying I don’t know what he’s talking about and I didn’t ask bc I don’t know what he’s talking about. Huh?? Why didn’t you ask? Because I don’t know what he’s talking about. And she opens her eyes wide while answering like Dugan is being dumb. Has anyone noticed she’s putting on this very childlike affect?

I agree she loses all credibility saying I don’t know what he’s talking about and I didn’t ask bc I don’t know what he’s talking about. Huh?? Why didn’t you ask? Because I don’t know what he’s talking about. And she opens her eyes wide while answering like Dugan is being dumb. Has anyone noticed she’s putting on this very childlike affect?
I think she has maybe manipulated people in the past and believes that she can maybe do so again… JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper