GUILTY Fl - Diane Ward, 55, Murdered In Her Orlando Home, 21 Sept 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
because of firearm enhancement he could be sentenced to 25 to life,

Watching the verdict live, it appeared that the judge was ready to sentence him but the defense asked for a pre-sentencing investigation. Can somebody explain what that is? Is it in order to bring in evidence of things that would explain his actions?

yes, the defence will want the judge to know about his background, that he is a family man etc, what he has done with his life to try to sway the judge into giving him a lesser sentence,

did he spend much time in jail before he got bail, if not it will be an even bigger shock as he is carted off to jail today

The Firearm enhancement was on my mind, but also prior to the verdict; I know there's now more serious penalties for having 'unsecured' firearms in a house if kids get a hold of it, but I'm not knowlegeable of how far thaat law reaches, I know its pretty contentious.

I've wondered how this would bear on the case.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

While I feel terrible for the daughters, I'll never forget that jailhouse tape of the older one laughing at her dad's antics. Why didn't she look as devastated then for her mom as she does now for her dad? I can see him trying to act like he was fine for her daughter's sake and vice versa but I would think it would be a futile attempt.

The jury got it right this time - Pinellas +1

Congratulations to the prosecution team and whoever in that jury handled the ones voting not-guilty originally.

AMEN!! A peep of hope in this craziness. What a very sad situation. Man, he let his greed get to him. He once provided a very nice life for his family.

Killing somebody just isnt the answer. Gald to see justice here. Thank you jury for looking at the evidence. The madness really needs to stop.

RIP Diane Ward and a once very happy situation.

I am so glad this jury looked at the evidence and got it right !

I would still like to know why Diane didnt have supporters to be seen.? And how the oldest daughter could be so silly w her father so soon after her mothers fatal shot to the face!! Mind blowing.
No pun.

I would still like to know why Diane didnt have supporters to be seen.? And how the oldest daughter could be so silly w her father so soon after her mothers fatal shot to the face!! Mind blowing.
No pun.

BBM. A familiar scenario in the Orange County courthouse. I don't understand the older daughter's behavior either. I was that age when I lost my father to cancer..not a sudden unexpected event so I cannot relate to that behavior mere days after the loss of her mother.

:grouphug:

BBM. A familiar scenario in the Orange County courthouse. I don't understand the older daughter's behavior either. I was that age when I lost my father to cancer..not a sudden unexpected event so I cannot relate to that behavior mere days after the loss of her mother.

Dang, :banghead: left to take the grandkids home and heard about the verdict on my way back home. I must say "Great job jury!" Even if he had been given a 'Not Guilty' verdict I still believe that this jury did their jobs. They considered the evidence and testimony and deliberated as a jury should. Hats off to them!

Now, is there a video handy to view the verdict being read and the reactions?

While I feel terrible for the daughters, I'll never forget that jailhouse tape of the older one laughing at her dad's antics. Why didn't she look as devastated then for her mom as she does now for her dad? I can see him trying to act like he was fine for her daughter's sake and vice versa but I would think it would be a futile attempt.

YES!!! That jailhouse tape was awful. Certainly are some odd dynamics in that family. I'm thrilled with this verdict. Gives me just a little bit more faith in our justice system.

I was so afraid he was going to walk late yesterday afternoon. I just didn't have a lot of faith in Florida jurors. I believed he was guilty and I sure am glad they found him so.

Thanks to everybody that shared the verdict today for those whom couldnt watch.
I feel terrible for Dianes children.
I find it very interesting Diane had no courtroom advocates nor was there much interest in this case. Not sure why but maybe the lack of interest helped the correct verdict. Might be somehing to that. Im thankful this jury was smart so that we dont have to seek justice due to another released killler.
I hope the girls find peace one day. My heart goes out to them. RIP Diane.

I am still not convinced. The CA trial could very well have swayed juries not to believe that someone charged could be innocent.
I don't know about this one.

I followed this from the beginning and I am so glad they got it right. And the defense will appeal based on the CA issue, that now the jury will want to always convict??? GMAB. They seemed like a thoughtful jury who looked things over and asked questions. Also there was a lot of evidence. Got this one right and I'm sorry, but girls, it is the right of the people to seek justice for YOUR mom, even if YOU don't care.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back