FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She needs to figure out more to the story, thus the breakdown.. Cross between Jody and Amber. Majority of this testimony i don't believe was brought up in stand your ground, or given as a 'reason' until today. MOO she researched and watched trials on what to do to be believable for DV/stand your ground. She's trying all the textbook sentences but not convincing if i was on the jury. BUT with 5 women, all it takes is 1 to feel sorry for her. I think this latest breakdown we are seeing is what she did whenever something didn't go her way with DB. The argument over Eve's shadowbox... she's more of a peer to EB, and acted like a teenager. NOT a mother figure.

I get worse scratches and scrapes in the garden almost every week.
Me too.
Her waist injury is the perfect place to get a b&b or scrape, dresser bureaus are the same height and IIR: she said somewhere that she needed DB's help with a big piece (s) of furniture.

I haven't seen her face injury, are there photos available.

Me too.
Her waist injury is the perfect place to get a b&b or scrape, dresser bureaus are the same height and IIR: she said somewhere that she needed DB's help with a big piece (s) of furniture.

I haven't seen her face injury, are there photos available.
I get scratches, black and blue marks just from dealing with my dog and garden and koi pond. Moving furniture, plants, rocks.... I Always have at least 1 bruise coming up. I live alone, but look roughed up much more often than i should

Why was New College President Richard Corcoran in the courtroom?​

When approached by two reporters after leaving the courtroom shortly before the testimony of the medical examiner, the reporters relayed that Corcoran mentioned he was in the area for lunch and decided to stop by.

July 26, 2024

Bill Galvano's connection to the case​

Galvano is a Bradenton attorney with the law firm Grimes Hawkins Gladfelter and Galvano P.L. with close to 30 years of experience, according to the firm’s website. Defense attorney Neil Taylor is an attorney from the same firm and is representing Ashley Benefield.

A person who is fake crying elicits disdain. A person who is crying for real elicits sympathy. I feel no sympathy for this woman.

Prosecutor asking her to demonstrate exactly what Doug was doing before she shots him was a great move! I got Jodi Arias flashbacks! Her description of what Doug did to make her fear for her life is absolutely ridiculous. I hope no one on the jury is buying this bullcrap! This is a spoiled princess who wanted her way and when she didn’t get it she killed him. Point blank. JMO

Now that I've had time to actually somewhat digest whatever the heck I just watched, I think I might find myself a little bit at odds with the rest of the forum, because I'm not sure that cross examination was the win for the State that many seem to think it was. One thing that became apparent very quickly as a weakness for the State is that while there are questions about DB committing violent acts against AB, there is zero, ZERO question about AB ever being violent towards DB during the relationship before she pumped his body full of 4 hollowpoints.

If there was then they would have been something for them to exploit in that cross exam. Instead the prosecutor chose to go through the case in a very strict chronological order, and in so doing spent the vast majority of the cross exam looking more like DB's defense attorney than AB's prosecutor and was trying to nail her down with tough leading questions that AB was actually able to wriggle out of quite effectively (IMO).

And then there was the absolute madness at the end where she forced her to come out of the witness box and physically demonstrate how DB was standing during her (real or fake) emotional meltdown. I actually think that was as farcical for the state as it was for Ashley.

I don't know how this is going to go now.

JMO

Now that I've had time to actually somewhat digest whatever the heck I just watched, I think I might find myself a little bit at odds with the rest of the forum, because I'm not sure that cross examination was the win for the State that many seem to think it was. One thing that became apparent very quickly as a weakness for the State is that while there are questions about DB committing violent acts against AB, there is zero, ZERO question about AB ever being violent towards DB during the relationship before she pumped his body full of 4 hollowpoints.

If there was then they would have been something for them to exploit in that cross exam. Instead the prosecutor chose to go through the case in a very strict chronological order, and in so doing spent the vast majority of the cross exam looking more like DB's defense attorney than AB's prosecutor and was trying to nail her down with tough leading questions that AB was actually able to wriggle out of quite effectively (IMO).

And then there was the absolute madness at the end where she forced her to come out of the witness box and physically demonstrate how DB was standing during her (real or fake) emotional meltdown. I actually think that was as farcical for the state as it was for Ashley.

I don't know how this is going to go now.

JMO
I think she is a faker and a liar: that said, women on the stand telling their story of domestic violence (true or not true), with tears, and a demure presentation often get away with murder-- the case could go either way but I would not be surprised if she is acquitted.

So the neighbor lady has now testified and I believe she was to be the last witness for the day. Up on Monday is going to be some type of domestic violence expert.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back