FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it takes us 2 years to find a new doctor, but we don't live in nearly as desirable area as TS did. Yes, we have the problem with new doctors: they are lazy, don't hustle (meaning they don't have a strong work ethic in general), want high pay for low hours (magical thinking), don't want to take call (are you freaking kidding me).

That is why contracting for ER work is so much more popular now than ever before as well as hospitalists, wound care program physicians, etc. Your shift ends and it falls to the night ER contract doc or back on the FP or IM. Can you see the upcoming shortage of high risk OB's, if it is not here already!?

NIN Thank you and interesting ..the first mention of the Hammer in the media is this media post dated July 1. So LE came back to the neighborhood and spoke to your relative on the 6th..A week after the murder and a week after they spoke to a different neighbor.
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29472864/neighbors-say-hammer-used-in-bonita-doctors-murder#.VbAsrHrH_IU

pferin, where does it say "July 1"? I only see the article was posted July 3rd and then updated July 7th.

Thanks,
Nin

Nin, in an earlier post you put hammer in " " when referring to the murder weapon. Is that because you know that the murder weapon was something other than a hammer? Or do you question it thinking that LCSO may be putting out misinformation?

They are just quotation marks.

-Nin

Yes the same neighbor(s) that heard the man yelling that morning also mentioned having seen a red car there twice during the week prior to the murder. I still would like to know when they left for CT and whether that red car was seen there after they'd left...
I am sure they are verifying everything, but I wonder if the red car was the dog walker, they probably know that.

Since I've been out of touch with the thread for over a week, seems logging on I see nothing much has changed or come to light in this case for all the hoopla the Sheriff advertised. :(

Oh well, maybe next week.

I am sure they are verifying everything, but I wonder if the red car was the dog walker, they probably know that.

I did think of that and it definately may be, but for some reason I thought the dog walker was a consistent thing even when they weren't away so not something out of the ordinary as the neighbor was indicating.

Nin, Do your conclusions or thoughts on the "hammer" and how it was used include someone in Teresa's family circle or the broader professional circle?

I just can't seem to get a feel for this case. If the sheriff didn't say it was of book and movie status, I would for sure think it was a young thief getting caught and killing her out of immense fear.

My conclusion has to do with the hammer itself. I do not believe that Dr Sievers would let in any person known to her with a hammer in their hands.

If anyone came to visit her that night or morning, then that individual or those individuals did not carry a hammer with them. There are glass windows in the entry area. She would not open the door to strangers like that. That hammer was either picked up in the house, or it was brought in.
If it was picked up in the house and used to kill her, then the perpetrator would have left the hammer at the house and not risking to run away with a bloody hammer (murder weapon) in his hands, especially if he had to jump a fence - if he did (remember the cadets were searching the entire area way up to the dog park).
If the hammer was brought in from outside, then most likely the unsub broke into the house through the side door. If that had happened, he would not have left the hammer at the crime scene, because it could have possibly been traced back to him. That's why I asked in the beginning of the investigation, where is the hammer?? I think they found the hammer and that's why it wasn't going to be a problem later to have Dr Sievers's body being cremated.
If they found the hammer at the house, they will know, if it was used to pry open the door. They might also have plenty of evidence left on the hammer itself and at the crime scene, BUT THE EVIDENCE ON THE HAMMER MIGHT NOT MATCH THE OTHER EVIDENCE LEFT BEHIND AT THE CRIME SCENE.

That is what I think about the "hammer".

-Nin

I am wondering if they found the prying tool that was used on the door.

My conclusion has to do with the hammer itself. I do not believe that Dr Sievers would let in any person known to her with a hammer in their hands.

If anyone came to visit her that night or morning, then that individual or those individuals did not carry a hammer with them. There are glass windows in the entry area. She would not open the door to strangers like that. That hammer was either picked up in the house, or it was brought in.
If it was picked up in the house and used to kill her, then the perpetrator would have left the hammer at the house and not risking to run away with a bloody hammer (murder weapon) in his hands, especially if he had to jump a fence - if he did (remember the cadets were searching the entire area way up to the dog park).
If the hammer was brought in from outside, then most likely the unsub broke into the house through the side door. If that had happened, he would not have left the hammer at the crime scene, because it could have possibly been traced back to him. That's why I asked in the beginning of the investigation, where is the hammer?? I think they found the hammer and that's why it wasn't going to be a problem later to have Dr Sievers's body being cremated.
If they found the hammer at the house, they will know, if it was used to pry open the door. They might also have plenty of evidence left on the hammer itself and at the crime scene, BUT THE EVIDENCE ON THE HAMMER MIGHT NOT MATCH THE OTHER EVIDENCE LEFT BEHIND AT THE CRIME SCENE.

That is what I think about the "hammer".

-Nin

Thanks Nin for your thoughts. They all are something more to think about. :thinking:

So....how long till an arrest? +/- 2 weeks? I'll say within 2.

Nin, I wonder if LE was speaking with one neighbor at a time looking at their reaction when they spoke of the HAMMER. This is such a strange case with not much info being leaked. Since it is taking so long to provide the public info or making an arrest, I would think LE would be seeking a bit more assistance from the public.

I wonder if LE has gone to many neighbors on the block speaking about the hammer the same way they did with your family and the other neighbor. With all the bravado that the Sheriff started with ..this seems so strange. IMO

Nin, I wonder if LE was speaking with one neighbor at a time looking at their reaction when they spoke of the HAMMER. This is such a strange case with not much info being leaked. Since it is taking so long to provide the public info or making an arrest, I would think LE would be seeking a bit more assistance from the public.

I wonder if LE has gone to many neighbors on the block speaking about the hammer the same way they did with your family and the other neighbor. With all the bravado that the Sheriff started with ..this seems so strange. IMO

It is very possible they had individual conversations and agendas. Remember, they are investigating, so LE can lie. Being as quiet as they are, it is sure better for the family, especially for the children. It almost looks quite thoughtful.

On the other hand- I am glad that Santa does not rely on DNA when he decides who was naughty or nice..Man, it would take for ever..:groucho:

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member