FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. Oh my!( [emoji102]) Maybe they are taking the family dogs from the home?
Wow.[emoji20] this doesn't sound good!
Moo

They may be only gathering at the house before moving on to somewhere else. With an arrest, they would move squat into a house and get out quickly. That's why I said, it does not look good. Remember neighbors have pets too.

-Nin

Not so good. Not good at all.

It appears that DNA samples are being taken from each animal. All vehicles are now gone

why would that be done. surely animal dna is recognizable from human dna?

They are fixated on the neighborhood...as am I. The clean getaway was powerful evidence. Two new thoughts came to mind recently. On a search of Registered Sex Offenders within a 2 mile radius of 27034 Jarvis Rd, it was unnerving to find 19 – nineteen within just 2 miles! A combination of convicted offenders & predators. One lives on the very next street behind the Jarvis’ home. http://www.flsexoffender.net/offender/searchNeighborhood.do
We’ve all been exploring whether the perp had knowledge of the family being away. Maybe it was the opposite, no such knowledge, and (in the case of a child predator) it was actually someone hoping to find the target of their desire home and in bed. Not high on my list, but still a thought. I don’t know how to attach the Bldg Plan found on the Lee Co’s Prop Appraiser site – but the layout and apparent movement of the perp inside continues to intrigue me. Did he feel the need to go back out the same way he came in? Once you’ve murdered someone in that home, would you not instinctively flee out the back? Did he try to take the family van to flee then change his mind?

The other thought surrounds a potentially important witness, someone hopefully LE spoke to the very next day – the newspaper delivery person for that street. Curious what time of the morning they usually drive down Jarvis and if they saw anything out of the norm – an unusual car parked along a side road, even an atypical “jogger” in the area.

They may have located animal hair elsewhere.

-Nin

Elsewhere? Not sure i understand

That would be a great break IF it doesn't belong to someone's pet that is close to them.
I don't have a pet but you would find fur/hair from many animals in my house, brought in by owners and people who visit owners.
And I probably plant that same hair in other peoples houses when I visit

They may have located animal hair elsewhere.

-Nin

Jeeze, now I am quoting my own posts, getting desperate..

Another possibility is they may have found unidentified dog hair at the crime scene. Let's say the family dogs' hair is dark, but they found light dog hair. If the unidentified hair had a follicle still attached, they can compare against the family dogs DNA and determine, if it came indeed from another dog. Not too good for the court, but certainly good to beef up a lead. Just thinking Hollywood here..

-Nin

Jeeze, now I am quoting my own posts, getting desperate..

Another possibility is they may have found unidentified dog hair at the crime scene. Let's say the family dogs' hair is dark, but they found light dog hair. If the unidentified hair had a follicle still attached, they can compare against the family dogs DNA and determine, if it came indeed from another dog. Not too good for the court, but certainly good to beef up a lead. Just thinking Hollywood here..

-Nin

I remember watching a documentary about a serial killer (forget his name). They had found carpet fibers and dog hair on a blanket in which the victim was wrapped. They kept them as evidence. Later, this guy's name came up somehow and they learned that he lived with his girlfriend at the time of the murders. They paid her a little visit and collected her dog's hair and carpet samples and showed her a picture of the blanket (which she confirmed she had seen before). It all came back as matching. That wasn't the only evidence against him, but like you said, it helped to hone in on him and bolstered the case.

He lived with his girlfriend for many, many years and yet she had no idea he was killing people in her house (she had it before they met) while she was at work. I couldn't even fathom learning something like that.

Let's rationalize, the crime was either premeditated and Dr Sievers was the target or it was random and she just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Random can always happen, anyone could be responsible for her death. Random could include home invasion, burglary, stalking ( while she walks the dogs for example), car accident (dents in the rear of the van), vandalism. The broken in door could be the entry point. Someone may have noticed the missing security camera to the South side of the house and took advantage. Who might have thought nobody was home? Thief, neighbor(misinformed or no particular knowledge, he sees the trash-cans from Friday still out on the curb, house is dark)

Premeditated and targeted would limit the pool of attackers to those who knew that she was at home (alone) or when she would be at home. Perhaps the attack itself was not planned as such and it was just the result of escalation. In that case we would have to consider that the fact she was home alone - if she was- might have not been part of the plan. Let's say the plan was to talk to Dr Sievers about something and the talk escalated into a physical conflict resulting in her death, then the unsub did not have to know whether Dr Sievers was home alone or not. She would have just happened to be there. Premeditated could include messing with the alarm system due to previous knowledge, the broken-in door as entry point, possibly using keys to get into the house and disarm the security system ( staged break-in would be part of the plan then) , trying to take something that was inside the house, stalking her all the way from the airport (makes no sense as they either knew she was going to be home alone, in which case they would have known where she lived and rather lurk around the house waiting for her).
Who knew or had access to the information she would be home alone? Family, neighbors, service people, co workers, patients, friends etc. .

If this was random, LE would go by evidence and chances are the burglar was already in CODIS. A neighbor trying to break in would still have to know how to avoid the security system. So that would be rather a planned burglary without targeting or planning bodily harm. He would totally panic running into Dr Sievers, make mistakes and consequently possibly leaving plenty of evidence behind.

If this was planned, the planned elements would include the way of entry, way of exit, the security system (on or not?), Dr Sievers, dogs (?), crimescene control (evidence inside/outside), noise, transportation (if needed), someone guarding the outside.
If the attack itself was not planned, but the visit was planned, then the security cameras should have come on, if the system was armed or active. If the cameras were not running, anyone known to Dr Sievers could have entered the house legally through the door. If we are looking at service people, they were misinformed about her homecoming. Service people could include the dog sitter, a house sitter, cleaning personel, security personel, a neighbor with a key, etc. .

There are many more combinations and possibilities to who and why. Without evidence we cannot exclude anyone. Unfortunately we are not privy to the information needed and engage in including suspects,when we should be really excluding them or finding reasons to exclude them.

-Nin

This would be a great page for your book. Get cracking and finish your book ... I need a good read.
Lol

I remember watching a documentary about a serial killer (forget his name). They had found carpet fibers and dog hair on a blanket in which the victim was wrapped. They kept them as evidence. Later, this guy's name came up somehow and they learned that he lived with his girlfriend at the time of the murders. They paid her a little visit and collected her dog's hair and carpet samples and showed her a picture of the blanket (which she confirmed she had seen before). It all came back as matching. That wasn't the only evidence against him, but like you said, it helped to hone in on him and bolstered the case.

He lived with his girlfriend for many, many years and yet she had no idea he was killing people in her house (she had it before they met) while she was at work. I couldn't even fathom learning something like that.

I can see how evidence of this kind can be very compelling in deciding place of death, or in connecting two strangers.
I am not sure how it would work if the murderer and the victim knew each other, socialized or worked together, or to some extent had friends in common

hopefully, they found Dr. S dog hair on someone that claims they were not there....

It is also possible they (LE) have the murder weapon ("hammer") and found animal hair attached to it in some way. They would compare the hair against the family dogs' hair.

-Nin

I'd prefer poo on a shoe! Hair can travel between associates. At any rate they are still investigating!!!! That's great.

So, is someone living in the house?
Who is looking after the dogs. Am I incorrect in assuming that the dogs are there if thats where LE went to get whatever, hair etc

That was Leslie Allen Williams in Baton Rouge in 1991 and 1992---I actually just finished the book and you are spot-on with the details

I'd prefer poo on a shoe! Hair can travel between associates. At any rate they are still investigating!!!! That's great.

Didn't think of that one, perfect! I was thinking maybe a dog bite on a POI. Agreed on great that still out there and pushing forward

Didn't think of that one, perfect! I was thinking maybe a dog bite on a POI. Agreed on great that still out there and pushing forward

Never thought of a bite.
Very possible

Most cases you have a pretty good idea of who the perp is. This case has some hinky stuff but no clear direction on who the perp is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee