FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't really know when she was killed. We assume the shrill came from the house and we assume there was some arguing going on. How many neighbors really heard the voices/ arguing ?

-Nin

Agreed! :)

Whether she was killed late the night she arrived home or in the early pre-dawn hours, I still think it's not a time a burglar might have chosen IF they knew her schedule.

I don't put 100% weight on the neighbors' reports of a "shrill" sound or "loud arguing" as witnesses have been known to be unreliable in the past. I still think it's more than likely a personal vendetta of some kind vs a burglary, especially because the case has been reported to be "complicated" with "lots of intricacies".

Anything is possible though and I just hope they solve it. Too many cases drag on for years and years before the killer is brought to justice.

I would love to know WHEN the neighbors were questioned by LE and how many times. When was the request for neighbor's DNA? The sheriff made all the claims about the murder being complicated and full of intricacies shortly after the crime was committed. Since then it's been crickets. Could it be that he thought it was these things but he was mistaken and now remains silent because he has nothing? The silence is frustrating.

Did the go that far out in all directions or only the direction of the dog park?

They checked the neighborhood perimeter around the house first, reaching over to Allen and Matheson, and then went all the way the dog park across the main street. They seemed to concentrate rather at that dog park according to MSM. I'll check for the article/video.

-Nin

Also NIN stated that LE had also collected DNA from neighbors. ITA WEIRD

It is what it is and each of you are fully capable of making your own decisions... I can tell you that my family member came home from work and the street was lined with vehicles, again. 2 squads, 1 detective (unmarked), crime scene, Lee County animal control. The animals were not being paraded. They were brought out one at a time, laid on what appeared to be a blanket, a group of the said individuals were squatted down around the animal and it was visible that they were getting something from each animal. This was being done in a shaded area just off the garage. Can't say specifically what was being done, only what appeared to be being done. My guess, is that this was done on a sterile pad to avoid any cross contamination. That's just my guess. I was simply trying to offer information that was going on within view yesterday. If anyone chooses not to believe it, then that's ok too. It is also my understanding that when the crime scene tape is lifted that all investigative efforts have been completed. Now it's on to analyzing and following up with what details seem to surface. I, personally, don't get the weirdness...it's an ongoing investigation and it doesn't get wrapped up like we all want it to be so quickly. Rest assured that these animals are being cared for!!

We don't really know when she was killed. We assume the shrill came from the house and we assume there was some arguing going on. How many neighbors really heard the voices/ arguing ?

-Nin

From what I hear, no other neighbors heard any arguing and they were close.

Thank you for all the information. I wonder if maybe you'll know something I wondered about. Facing the house, the home to the right, which is the side where the jammed door was, was that home empty at the time? I know it's the home/lot the Sievers had sold years earlier and very close to their property line, I ask if empty because I saw a record of sale for that home just days after the murder

They checked the neighborhood perimeter around the house first, reaching over to Allen and Matheson, and then went all the way the dog park across the main street. They seemed to concentrate rather at that dog park according to MSM. I'll check for the article/video.

-Nin

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wbbh/newsscripts/150701_nbc_4p.htm#DOCTOR

AT ONE POINT TODAY, HALF A DOZEN DEPUTY CARS WERE ON SCENE OF THE INVESTIGATION.
THE SOUTHWEST FLORIDA CRIMINAL JUSTICE ACADEMY WORKED OUT HERE THIS MORNING AS WELL.
MEN AND WOMEN SEARCHING GRASSY AREAS NEAR THE HOME-- AND THE EVEN WENT TO THE DOG PARK ACROSS EAST TERRY AND SPENT ALMOST AN HOUR THERE SEARCHING.

http://www.news-press.com/story/news/crime/2015/07/01/academy-cadets-search-at-slain-bonita-doctors-home/29574135/

Everly said pressing the cadets into a search has a twofold purpose: It gives the law enforcement agency involved more manpower and it gives the cadets real world experience.
"This is the second time they've been called out in the past five months," he said. "It gives them what they will do when they get on the road."
Everly said the cadets are used only as eyes and ears and are trained that, if they find a piece of evidence, to immediately let a police officer know.

http://winknews.com/2015/07/01/new-details-in-murder-investigation-of-teresa-sievers/

Dozens of training academy recruits, from the SWFL Public Service Academy, combed the home and surrounding area on Wednesday morning, helping detectives look for evidence. WINK News followed them across the street, to a nearby park, where they continued their search.

-Nin

Could be part of the perimeter. However, they spend more time in the park than anywhere else. I am still wondering if they were following a trail? Would anyone really take their dog over to the park prior to sunrise?

Aside from the dog park, did Dr Sievers take out her dog(s) for a walk Monday morning or did she leave it (them) out into the fenced-in backyard? That would be a moment to disarm the alarm system.
Did any of the neighbors take out their dog(s) during the early morning hours of Monday, June 29th? I mean, there are dogs living on Jarvis Rd. Aren't they being taken out for a walk?? Around 6am is not an unusual time for a dog to be taken out. Even if some dogs are let out in the front/backyard, there is always someone walking their dog.

I have a hard time to believe nobody saw anything? No lights on at the Sievers house ( inside, outside motion detectors, outside house lihghts)? No Sievers dogs, car(s), noise, anything?

If nobody saw anything around the Sievers house while indeed walking their dogs, then there is a good possibility, that she might have already been attacked long before that. In that case the shrill and the noises may have not been connected to the events that took place at the Sievers' house and that let her passing.

Or, someone did walk their dog(s) and is afraid to come forward??

-Nin

Thank you for all the information. I wonder if maybe you'll know something I wondered about. Facing the house, the home to the right, which is the side where the jammed door was, was that home empty at the time? I know it's the home/lot the Sievers had sold years earlier and very close to their property line, I ask if empty because I saw a record of sale for that home just days after the murder

I don't believe that home is empty...perhaps -Nin- may be able to answer that for you? I believe it is occupied with a family. I could be wrong, but I think this is the woman who did one of the first interviews on TV. She was quite shaken, as are all neighbors. You have to understand that the families closest to that home have been there for years and are all quite affected by this horrific murder. Can you imagine? I don't know how far detectives went on questioning, but I'm sure they canvased quite a bit of the vicinity. If a neighbor had ever been in the home, then I'm sure it would be appropriate to mark that DNA should it appear on any of the forensics...if a neighbor states they have never been in the home, then there should not be a trace in the home.

That could mean the arguing did not come from The Sievers' home, some neighbors were arguing close to the neighbors who heard them.
or
The arguing did not take place.
or
The information was intentionally planted to secure an alibi.

-Nin

I don't believe that home is empty...perhaps -Nin- may be able to answer that for you? I believe it is occupied with a family. I could be wrong, but I think this is the woman who did one of the first interviews on TV. She was quite shaken, as are all neighbors. You have to understand that the families closest to that home have been there for years and are all quite affected by this horrific murder. Can you imagine? I don't know how far detectives went on questioning, but I'm sure they canvased quite a bit of the vicinity. If a neighbor had ever been in the home, then I'm sure it would be appropriate to mark that DNA should it appear on any of the forensics...if a neighbor states they have never been in the home, then there should not be a trace in the home.

The neighboring house to the South of the Sievers' house is occupied, yes.

-Nin

My guess is a simple home burglary that went terribly wrong. They saw the trash cans still out and assumed no one was home. Felt they had to "silence" her because she may be able to identify them as living in or around the neighborhood.

Perhaps a neighbor w/a drug prob thought she'd have a stash of drugs around, since she was a dr. And decided to rob them while they were out of town, not realizing she had returned home early.

That could mean the arguing did not come from The Sievers' home, some neighbors were arguing close to the neighbors who heard them.
or
or

-Nin

Also, lets remember that it is HOT and most neighbors would have windows closed and AC going. I would think that would be a bit difficult to figure out where exactly a sound had come from.

Perhaps a neighbor w/a drug prob thought she'd have a stash of drugs around, since she was a dr. And decided to rob them while they were out of town, not realizing she had returned home early.

I think you are "warm", QT.......

<modsnip>

All just my conjecture only, moo & all that good stuff...

Honestly, I can't even imagine I can only empathize how I assume it must feel. I was wondering if empty for obvious reasons but didn't think so. The record was probably a refinance of some sort then I bet.

Also, lets remember that it is HOT and most neighbors would have windows closed and AC going. I would think that would be a bit difficult to figure out where exactly a sound had come from.

I completely agree, however, one of the neighbors stated they were "getting ready for work" when they heard the hollering.. That could mean they are inside the house getting ready or they are outside the house getting ready. I assume they did hear arguing, but it may have not come from the Sievers house. It may have been one of the neighbors, who did not hera anything, because they were arguing themselves..

Also, the neighbor who heard the "shrill" is right behind - or east of- the Sievers' house. If she did hear the shrill and nobody else heard it, it could mean that that was the direction of where the sound was traveling to, or the neighbors did not hear it for any other reason.

-Nin

or
or

-Nin

I believe it was on MSM that the neighbor claiming to have heard arguing coming from the Dr's house was "anonymous", right?

This is the 2nd time the sheriff has admonished employees on the Lee County Sheriffs website. Tacky . The site is paid for by the public. imo

I'd be surprised if an arrest happened after hours.. ;)

-Nin

I believe it was on MSM that the neighbor claiming to have heard arguing coming from the Dr's house was "anonymous", right?

"Wanted to remain unnamed"

Another neighbor, who wished to remain unnamed, told the news station that he heard what sounded like a man arguing with someone inside Sievers's home just before sunrise.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3149330/Neighbors-murdered-Florida-doctor-hearing-screams-day-dead-inside-home-police-remain-tight-lipped-cause-death.html#i-1c172044a376421a

Nearby neighbor [D...L...] said he heard arguing Monday night outside. He said he noticed a red car in the driveway twice last week that he hadn't seen before.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29538644/sheriff-bonita-doctor-murder-a-complicated-set-of-circumstances

-Nin

It is what it is and each of you are fully capable of making your own decisions... I can tell you that my family member came home from work and the street was lined with vehicles, again. 2 squads, 1 detective (unmarked), crime scene, Lee County animal control. The animals were not being paraded. They were brought out one at a time, laid on what appeared to be a blanket, a group of the said individuals were squatted down around the animal and it was visible that they were getting something from each animal. This was being done in a shaded area just off the garage. Can't say specifically what was being done, only what appeared to be being done. My guess, is that this was done on a sterile pad to avoid any cross contamination. That's just my guess. I was simply trying to offer information that was going on within view yesterday. If anyone chooses not to believe it, then that's ok too. It is also my understanding that when the crime scene tape is lifted that all investigative efforts have been completed. Now it's on to analyzing and following up with what details seem to surface. I, personally, don't get the weirdness...it's an ongoing investigation and it doesn't get wrapped up like we all want it to be so quickly. Rest assured that these animals are being cared for!!

I absolutely believe you. And I am grateful for the info you offer. For me the weird part is lack of info from LE, Teresa's Family, Co-workers and MSM. You are one of our only sources of real info and I thank you.

I don't know how LE does things there ..ie telling the neighbors about the hammer. ..unless they were trying to leak info or bait a perp. Unusual that that info would be released...and the bravado of the sheriff early into the investigation...all this adds up as weird to me.

I apologize if I offended you. Not my intent...AT ALL.

Could be......and maybe hired by someone else? Who knows?

Or maybe a neighbour was used to help provide entry into the house and/or to run interference after the crime. Just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member