GUILTY FL - Five teens for video beating of 16yo girl, Highland City, 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I saw the video on youtube but with all that was going on in my area I skipped past it. It's scary how teens have changed in the last 20 years isn't it? When I was a kid you could expect to be in a fight here and there, but 2-1 or more was unheard of.

Did I read right, one of the girls is facing life?

You heard right, one is facing life. GOOD, imo they all should serve many years for what they did to Victoria.

Thanks JBean! In those other booking pic they don't look too concerned do they? Are they saying that Shumaker committed battery and kidnapping on Victoria?

Thanks JBean! In those other booking pic they don't look too concerned do they? Are they saying that Shumaker committed battery and kidnapping on Victoria?

Does April Cooper look like she's empty? I don't know how to explain it, but her booking photos looks like she's missing a soul or something. Her eyes remind me of the Manson girls. Creeps me out.

they all creep me out.

Thanks everyone that has contributed here.:)

You know, I don't know how this mob mentality came about or took over the situation...but I agree with the decision to charge them as adults. I don't find that any of the photos show anyone that I would term as empty looking in their eyes, but they are all morally bancrupt. They needed to be reeled in and while they are charged with major charges...I don't anticipate them getting real time for this. They need to make an example out of these kids as to what they could face, but I see them getting very light sentences in comparison to what is called for.

They said what we saw on tv is NOT the worst part of the beating. I wonder if when she was unconcious they (he) tried to strangle her? It's all on video! (thank God)

Yes, you're right JBean, both arrests were April/08, so I'm back to my original question - STRANGULATION?!:eek:

Does April Cooper look like she's empty? I don't know how to explain it, but her booking photos looks like she's missing a soul or something. Her eyes remind me of the Manson girls. Creeps me out.
I didn't see them as empty, all of them come across as unconcerned, like what they did was no big deal, somewhat defiant. They all think they're smart.

When the pics were taken, I bet they thought the were in for a juvie charge of assault......

Ah, you little scumbags, you had no idea what was in store for you - rather like Victoria had no idea.

Difference is - you are in for a lot more than what you dished out, and God forgive me, but I can't wait to hear about it :)

If true, there should be two more arrests for Violation of Probation. :furious:

The two mentioned in the 911 call as already being on probation at the time of the attack!

Any idea who?

The two mentioned in the 911 call as already being on probation at the time of the attack!
I went through the files and didn't see who had previous charges. So, I am guessing any probation they were on most likely stemmed from juvenile offenses. Juvenile records are typically not available. But usually mandatory jail time or other punishment goes along with violation probation.

JBean, Thank you so much for the link.

Thanks again so much Mel. Now, I hope you don't mind another question, inquiring minds wanna know! Are you hearing the local talk? I mean, are the majority of the people there on Victoria's side, or are they siding with the freaks and their parents? What's the buzz in your neigborhood?

I was talking about it the other night with a friend and her daughter works for one of the moms and wow she was saying the girls didn't mean anything bad and that girl(Victoria) was staying there and her daughter is not a cheer leader she is in softball it was incredible real mad at me and what i had to say being of course pro Tori
We ended with her saying she understood but i was wrong the tape we see is all there is to it and Judd is full of it unbelieveable so there is pro them and pro tori i am hearing more pro them as much as i hate to say it

I was talking about it the other night with a friend and her daughter works for one of the moms and wow she was saying the girls didn't mean anything bad and that girl(Victoria) was staying there and her daughter is not a cheer leader she is in softball it was incredible real mad at me and what i had to say being of course pro Tori
We ended with her saying she understood but i was wrong the tape we see is all there is to it and Judd is full of it unbelieveable so there is pro them and pro tori i am hearing more pro them as much as i hate to say it
mel thank you so much for all your *inside* info and pictures.
Why does this mentality not shock me? If we have the adults saying this isn't so bad, and are validating thes teen beatings,it's no wonder these kids are so far off base. How will they ever learn? I guess in the justice system.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98
Back