GUILTY FL - Five teens for video beating of 16yo girl, Highland City, 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Victoria's mom was on the news this morning. I know it's wrong, but my first thought was I'd have kicked the living *hit out of that one *itch with the white tank top on.
I'd have done the same thing. :clap:
I was afraid to admit it.

Everybody all tough until. Let them wait. Let them just wait and I hope they all go to juvie and see if they talk about cheerleading. The will get stomped.

From your mouth to God's ears!

I hope they get stomped by 6 adults for 30 minutes.

The problem with these kids is mothers like that who defend such actions. I am speechless. :mad:

I agree.

Maybe if the mother's beat the crap out of their daughters, the way they beat that girl, they wouldn't act like that.
It worked for my mom.:crazy:

This reminds me of poor Shanda Sharer(sp). These cases always piss me off. It only takes one person to call 911 and make it stop, but they don't.

Now, with YouTube, these thugs have motivation to do things like this. Instant fame. I agree with Victoria's father, there should be a better monitoring system in place. Too many stories of people beating the living hell out of others just so they can get the 15 minutes of fame on a website.

Or how about poor Laurie Show? I believe I am spelling that name right. Philamena, yep we'd be right out there ready to stomp somebody. Although in the longrun that's not the way to deal with it. That's O.K. ya didn't want to admit it. Who would? I'm too much of a straight shooter sometimes. I never mind just coming out and saying "Yeah I'd have done that".

2 of the posgirls took Victoria out of the house, drove her around and threatened her life. They then told her not to tell anyone or that she'd not only be beaten again but worse.

I hope the little bit*hes who did this to her have painful, miserable lives..heck make that painful eternities.

I doubt Victoria's life will be the same again. I am heartbroken for this young girl. so much so that I can't explain it. Victoria could be our daughter, our niece, our student, our daughter's friend, our grand daughter.

Anyone who is appalled as I am about this case needs to write the Polk Counties Sheriff, my space and you tube.
Write them daily!

Cyberbullying and the glorifying of beatings has to stop. I am starting my own campaign.
I saw the video on the Today Show this morning and the one lady they interviewed (doctor) said that people now want their 15 megabytes of fame (instead of minutes). The doctor was not surprised by the video and said if you go to YouTube and search for fights or girl fights, that you'll see a ton of them. I can't even imagine being a teen nowadays! I'm horrified and saddened for Victoria and pray that she'll be able to heal on the inside as well as the outside.

Philamena - about your campaign, I'm right there with ya! I think we need to find these videos and figure out who the people are and have them charged. If enough word gets out to this younger generation that they're going to be charged with felony assaults for posting these videos, maybe they'll think twice and stop. Figure out another way to put yourself on YouTube - sing and dance or something. Sheesh!

Hurting other people and filming it because you think it's "fun" just boggles my mind, I don't comprehend the mentality at all. I understand teens have a pack mentality and want to follow their peers, but I don't comprehend how they don't empathize with others, how they don't feel remorse, how they don't think there's anything wrong with it. It truly baffles me.

Or how about poor Laurie Show? QUOTE]

We are STILL hearing about the b*tch that killed Laurie, all these years later. She's blaming everyone in the world for killing Laurie, even after Tabitha ADMITTED her part in it and is in a different jail. @@ And now her (Lisa Michelle Lambert) parents are raising the daughter that she had with Lawrence Yunkin. I've always thought that she should have been adopted out to a family in another state.

I read in the newspaper that Victoria will now be homeschooled.

I saw one of the mothers defending their daughter's actions on TV the other night.

Are you kidding me? And there were guys there, too, serving as "lookouts".

:mad:

I think the girls behavior patomine their upbringing. What mother would go on public TV and defend her daughter's violent activity? Anything to get their 20 seconds of fame. :eek:

What dysfunctional in-human beings!

philamena,

Count me in on your campaign. I'm sick to death of seeing these videos put out there so somebody can prove how "tough" they are. I still firmly believe that the sites that allow user content to be posted should have better monitoring in place. Maybe start with actually removing this garbage when it's brought to their attention. Save it for LE, of course, but don't leave it up there so other delinquents think it'll make them famous if they do it too.

Greta Van Susteren has been covering this story both last night and tonight. After showing the video tonight, Greta asked viewers to go to her website, Gretawire, and vote on what should be done with these 6 girls and 2 boys. The vote tally shows that most who've seen the video believe they should serve a year or more in a detention facility. In the comments section at Gretawire, posters are saying that they believe all but the 14-year-old be tried as adults.

This case reminds me so much of Shanda Sherer - the most disturbing case I've ever come across. ALL of the parents of the attackers should be ashamed of their children and should (but won't) take full responsibility for the trash they have raised. Disgusting people. I wish they would all be tried as adults (but they probably won't be) and sent away for a long, long time. What community needs people like this on the streets? Yuck!

MY guess is that they will go to jail for 6 months to a year. 5 years probation, anger management, restitution and be civilly sued for physical damage.
Now whether they will last on probation is another story entirely. They will probably have several years of incarceration hanging over their heads if they violate probation too often.
The stupid kids with good hearts, will change and learn from this. The kids that are rotten will not survive probation and will be in and out of jail for a long time.
While I am sorry that the girl did not fight back, from a legal standpoint it makes the case much more cut and dried. For that I am happy. There is no way it can be argued that she kept the fighting going with mutual combat which would work in favor of the attackers.

MY guess is that they will go to jail for 6 months to a year. 5 years probation, anger management, restitution and be civilly sued for physical damage.
Now whether they will last on probation is another story entirely. They will probably have several years of incarceration hanging over their heads if they violate probation too often.
The stupid kids with good hearts, will change and learn from this. The kids that are rotten will not survive probation and will be in and out of jail for a long time.
While I am sorry that the girl did not fight back, from a legal standpoint it makes the case much more cut and dried. For that I am happy. There is no way it can be argued that she kept the fighting going with mutual combat which would work in favor of the attackers.

I very much doubt that the victim was thinking about the legal ramifications while she was getting her *advertiser censored** kicked. With that being said, I'm sorry she didn't fight back - which is human nature. On the other hand, she may not have made it out alive if she had fought back. IMO, the kids who were taking part in this vicious attack will never be good people. As a teenager, I would NEVER, EVER have stood by while something like this was happening nor would I have taken part in it. Peer pressure can be difficult, be at that age, you know the difference between right and wrong. These kids are garbage and should be treated as such.

I very much doubt that the victim was thinking about the legal ramifications while she was getting her *advertiser censored** kicked. With that being said, I'm sorry she didn't fight back - which is human nature. On the other hand, she may not have made it out alive if she had fought back. IMO, the kids who were taking part in this vicious attack will never be good people. As a teenager, I would NEVER, EVER have stood by while something like this was happening nor would I have taken part in it. Peer pressure can be difficult, be at that age, you know the difference between right and wrong. These kids are garbage and should be treated as such.
Oh my Fairy, i wasn;t implying that she wasn't fighting back for legal purposes lol. I was just trying to find the bright side of that part as it will help convict IMO.
I do agree that if she had fought back I can only imagine how this thing may have escalated.
I 100% agree they are all garbage and all equally as guilty. I hope they all get the max.

Oh my Fairy, i wasn;t implying that she wasn't fighting back for legal purposes lol. I was just trying to find the bright side of that part as it will help convict IMO.
I do agree that if she had fought back I can only imagine how this thing may have escalated.
I 100% agree they are all garbage and all equally as guilty. I hope they all get the max.

I understand. The whole thing - and many similar cases - makes me so sick. Having teenagers, I worry so much about them. I hope I have taught my children to be tough enough to take care of themselves and still be compassionate. It's a difficult line to walk.

SNIP
Philamena - about your campaign, I'm right there with ya! I think we need to find these videos and figure out who the people are and have them charged. If enough word gets out to this younger generation that they're going to be charged with felony assaults for posting these videos, maybe they'll think twice and stop. Figure out another way to put yourself on YouTube - sing and dance or something. Sheesh!

Hurting other people and filming it because you think it's "fun" just boggles my mind, I don't comprehend the mentality at all. I understand teens have a pack mentality and want to follow their peers, but I don't comprehend how they don't empathize with others, how they don't feel remorse, how they don't think there's anything wrong with it. It truly baffles me.

SieSie,
If you can think of anything that we can do let me know. I've written Polk County Sheriffs dept twice. I also wrote myspace and reported the main 'attackers' myspace page and asked they why they were allowing her page to stay up since she is now in juvy!

I still can't watch without crying for Victoria. I can't imagine what her parents are going through.
Maybe we can think of a way to support them.

philamena,

Count me in on your campaign. I'm sick to death of seeing these videos put out there so somebody can prove how "tough" they are. I still firmly believe that the sites that allow user content to be posted should have better monitoring in place. Maybe start with actually removing this garbage when it's brought to their attention. Save it for LE, of course, but don't leave it up there so other delinquents think it'll make them famous if they do it too.

Eire,
I say lets get together and trade ideas. See if there isn't something we can do to stop gang violence...violence for the purpose of beating someone and putting it on the net. WE CAN do something and make a difference.

Let me get my thinking cap on and see what comes up. Thanks Eire for speaking up!:blowkiss:

Eire,
I say lets get together and trade ideas. See if there isn't something we can do to stop gang violence...violence for the purpose of beating someone and putting it on the net. WE CAN do something and make a difference.

Let me get my thinking cap on and see what comes up. Thanks Eire for speaking up!:blowkiss:

This was not a gang beathing. These are "normal" kids with too much time on their hands. I have long believed they should make anger management a requirement in high school. I am fortunate that I have a good kid in a bad high school. Every day when I drop him off at at school, cops are everywhere. These kids seem to be full of rage - not the normal teenage angst. Why is that???

Fairy,
I understand that this wasn't a gang beating per se.
I should have said Victoria was ganged up on.
Sorry for the miswording.

Fairy,
I understand that this wasn't a gang beating perse.
I should have said Victoria was ganged up on.
Sorry for the miswording.

No worries - sorry for my reaction. We have plenty of gang problems too - in Vegas. I guess I'm a little sensitive to this issue having a kid in high school. We've had many discussions on why his generation is so damn angry and prone to physical violence. I realize that it's not necessarily new, the kids who are involved do not fit the usual mold. I went to a very diverse inner-city high school more than 25 years ago and we did not have this kind of violence. It seems to be widespread now and it's disturbing. I have one more kid to get through high school safely and I'll be able to breathe - a little anyway! Still have a daughter in college out of state. Will I ever sleep again????....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiprocker
Back