GUILTY FL - Five teens for video beating of 16yo girl, Highland City, 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so sicken by this my daughter was in cheerleading a few years back with these girls and she knows a lot of them. If there is anything living here that you guys think i can do please let me know
I can not believe how close to home all of this is getting
Monquelle was another incident he worked for me last summer and killed 2 people one only 18 with a sawed off shot gun he himself was only 18 too
I am just blown away by everything
I hope they are all tried as adults it breaks my heart to watch victoria pleading to just leave and go home
i think if it was my daughter wow unreal

I'm sure glad it wasn't your daughter, Mel. Are those girls like that to everyone? Teachers? Parents? Coaches? Man, I bet there's been other victims we don't even know about. :(

I'm sure glad it wasn't your daughter, Mel. Are those girls like that to everyone? Teachers? Parents? Coaches? Man, I bet there's been other victims we don't even know about. :(

Yes very rough group it was cheerleading thru the city and they could cheer until 8th grade parents cussing out coaches all kinds of things my daughter loved to cheer so i was so glad when she was to old to be with the group in 9th grade. You don't try out you pay and your child can be in cheer or football so there were lots of girls and guys that really should not have been there but as long as mom and dad paid their money the kids could be there lots of fights over finances
there was a lot of girls there my daughter never hung outside of cheer only with a few none of these thank god
rough parents at this park i was in shock very competive would argue and fight with coaches if their child didn't have lead role and the football team wow of course a lot of the parents had a daughter in cheer and a son in football
i never socialize very much the coach seem to love me i didn't question her every move or cuss her out lol
the kayla that was involved was a flyer my daughter started out flyer that became spot she was shocked she said i use to throw her in the air
as you can imagine this has been a big topic at my house questioning her to see if she was somewhere and this happen what she would do
my daughter is very compassionate and this really hit her especially knowing of all of them. I talk to her about a lot of the cases her i call it a healthy fear to keep her aware of her surroundings
she already knew about this when i showed her it is plaster all over news
She use to go to Mulberry high i pulled her out over issue that school has a lot of issues
I use to be a girl scout leader for years and still have girl scouts that go there i owned a house in mulberry and sold it and brought one in lakeland
I look at their mug shots and can not believe we spent 4 years around such evil waiting to surface i sure saw tell tell signs even with the parents

I am so sicken by this my daughter was in cheerleading a few years back with these girls and she knows a lot of them. If there is anything living here that you guys think i can do please let me know
I can not believe how close to home all of this is getting
Monquelle was another incident he worked for me last summer and killed 2 people one only 18 with a sawed off shot gun he himself was only 18 too
I am just blown away by everything
I hope they are all tried as adults it breaks my heart to watch victoria pleading to just leave and go home
i think if it was my daughter wow unreal

Hugs to you Mel.
I know this must be a terrible thing for your town to go through. I am more saddened and sickened that one of these girls were mean before....kinda puts it all in perspective.

From Lurkers link in the above post:

Three of the girls were also charged with tampering with a witness.

:eek: :furious: The nerve of these girls.They really do need a good butt whuppin :mad:

First they gang up on a beat a poor girl but then try and tamper with a witness sheesh.

All I can say is that mom that was defending her kid should just be glad I am not Victorias mother. I promise you I would be relentless in getting justice for my daughter. I am glad they are being charged as adults, maybe that will help others who think so stupidly to not go on and do that kinda stuff.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/10/girl.fights/index.html

(CNN) -- Eight Florida teenagers -- six of them girls -- will be tried as adults and could be sentenced to life in prison for their alleged roles in the videotaped beating of another teen, the state attorney's office said Thursday.

The suspects, who range in age from 14 to 18, all face charges of kidnapping, which is a first-degree felony, and battery, said Chip Thullbery, a spokesman for the Polk County state attorney. Three of them are also charged with tampering with a witness.

<<more at link>>

SieSie,
If you can think of anything that we can do let me know. I've written Polk County Sheriffs dept twice. I also wrote myspace and reported the main 'attackers' myspace page and asked they why they were allowing her page to stay up since she is now in juvy!

I still can't watch without crying for Victoria. I can't imagine what her parents are going through.
Maybe we can think of a way to support them.
I don't have a clue - but when I was watching the Today show yesterday and that woman doctor said that there are A LOT of fights on YouTube, I thought we should start there - find them and report them to someone - but who?! I don't know, it's all so senseless! :(

Good..I watched parts of the video on the news and just the hatred and evil alone that I saw in those girls was enough to make me want them behind bars for life!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/10/girl.fights/index.html

(CNN) -- Eight Florida teenagers -- six of them girls -- will be tried as adults and could be sentenced to life in prison for their alleged roles in the videotaped beating of another teen, the state attorney's office said Thursday.

The suspects, who range in age from 14 to 18, all face charges of kidnapping, which is a first-degree felony, and battery, said Chip Thullbery, a spokesman for the Polk County state attorney. Three of them are also charged with tampering with a witness.

<<more at link>>

They showed this today at the food court on base at the PX and you should of seen all the soldiers stand up and shout to the television, hands flying all around. My husband the big mouth was right in the middle of it all. They were all yelling for the girl to 'hit her back,fight back,kick her a$$ do this do that...It was unreal. I'm gonna tell you what and you can call me whatever you want to... if anyone ever did something like this to my baby I would of kicked the shiz out of them hateful little beotches myself. Trust that. I am so full of rage right now just thinking of this poor girl.

You have to teach your kids to fight back. I don't really like stories, but here's an old one:
Three girls jumped my sister and beat her up, all of them were about 12. Dad put my sister in the car and drove around until they found each one of those girls alone. He sat in the car while sister got out and beat the crap out of them one by one. They never bothered her again. That was way back in 1954.

SNIP
They'll now face battery and kidnapping charges as adults and the kidnapping charge could be punishable with life in prison.

Three of the girls were also charged with tampering with a witness.

The suspect’s first appearances in court are set for Friday afternoon.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
THANK GOD!

I also applaud this decision!:clap: :clap: :clap:
...the kidnapping charge could be punishable with life in prison.

All I can say is that mom that was defending her kid should just be glad I am not Victorias mother. I promise you I would be relentless in getting justice for my daughter. ....

:clap: :clap: Me too AmandaBrown23.

They showed this today at the food court on base at the PX and you should of seen all the soldiers stand up and shout to the television, hands flying all around. My husband the big mouth was right in the middle of it all. They were all yelling for the girl to 'hit her back,fight back,kick her a$$ do this do that...It was unreal. I'm gonna tell you what and you can call me whatever you want to... if anyone ever did something like this to my baby I would of kicked the shiz out of them hateful little beotches myself. Trust that. I am so full of rage right now just thinking of this poor girl.

MGS,
I know....I am one to scream stop the violence but my gawd, if they did that to my teen, heaven help them.

I also copied this from tonight's CNN update:

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd called the March 30 attack "animalistic."
"I've been involved in law enforcement for 35 years, and I've seen a lot of extremely violent events, but I've never seen children, 14 to 18 years of age, engage in this conduct for a 30-minute period of time and then make these video clips," he said. Police say the teens planned to post the video on YouTube.

I hate to admit it, but because of the rage I feel for these girls, I hope they feel the wrath of someone's fist, I hope their ears are busted, I hope they're made to ride in a car...all after being beaten up for 30 freakin minutes and after a concussion.
I'm a grown woman, I've raised 2 kids and taught kindergarten....I can't help it but I want to smack all 6 of them.

I want to hug Victoria...I wish I could have been the one picked on and not her. Her life will never be the same.:( :(

I wish her peace and love the rest of her life.

0407polk1.jpg

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings here, but I was just watching MSNBC and Contessa Brewer described this beating as "Unladylike Behavior." This is about the fourth or fifth story I've seen in which people have tiptoed around what these "thugs" did to another girl. So I sent off this letter to MSNBC, and this is how I feel about all of it. I'm sorry if some of you know these girls, and didn't know they were violent and devious. But I don't like it when girls are treated as princesses by the media when they are obviously committing crimes.

So here's my letter to Contessa Brewer at MSNBC:

I was just watching a story about the teenage girls brutally beating another girl in the video on MSNBC.

Contessa Brewer was commenting that it was "Unladylike." I think that is the understatement of the century
and I was appalled that she would use a euphemism for what was a bunch of girl thugs hammering on another
human being without mercy. It is a scene right out of the Sopranos, and even if Contessa is as shocked as
the rest of us, she shouldn't downplay this as just a tea party gone awry.

Let's call it like it is - those girl thugs were beating the crap out of a girl who was too freaked out to fight back, and
who knew she was outnumbered. She was being physically and mentally traumatized, and slugged in the head over and over.

She might have vision, hearing, or brain damage from that, and she might never recover.

I don't care if that video came out on YouTube or MySpace - thank God for that. Let's shine a light on
what these spoiled brats think they can do to another human being. Toss them in jail for however long
the maximum penalty is, and let them rot for a while. Too bad, so sad. Goodbye to the Prom, and
Graduation. No school should ever let them back in.

If I see one more story about how these girls' have parents who are "upset" I will puke. *ack*

Who in their right mind would care what those girls' parents think at this point? Let them sue the world -
they are just mad their little girls got caught in behavior they must have learned at home from Mom and Daddy.

Let's not overlook the rights of victim, or downplay a beating as "unladylike behavior.'

If these were young men, no one would say that is "ungentlemanlike behavior." This isn't an episode of
Pride and Prejudice. This isn't Masterpiece Theater.

We don't have to use euphemisms in the press just because these are girls.

This story should be covered just as it would be if it was a gang on the streets of some large city, and not
as if these girls just escaped from Charm School. They deserve the maximum penalty for what they planned
and what they did, and no pussyfooting about it. Call a spade a spade, and get real.

These girls are trashy young gang members even if they are Cheerleaders. Think of what the victim's family
is feeling right now, or how many problems she is having over this? But I'm sure they are glad the story is out
and those girls are in trouble.

But please, cover it like any other crime story, and don't cut them slack because they are pretty cheerleaders.

Edited to Add: I have no doubt that if I had been attacked like that as a teenager, I would have fought back within an inch of my life, and so would my own daughter. I'm sure we would have been trying to pick up that table and hit someone with it. But not every girl is going to fight back, and bullies can always pick out a victim. If they had picked on this girl before and she didn't fight back, then they knew they had easy prey. That in no way justifies what they did. I think that girl was in shock and couldn't believe what was happening - who can?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jameshoots
Back