FL - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 40 counts to classified documents and obstruction of justice, June 2023, Trial May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all for your posts! So Nauta returns on 6/27/23 for his arraignment & Trump? Probably no "next" hearing date...

:)

That’s what I keep reading.

Nauta himself did not enter a plea because he did not have a local attorney and will instead be arraigned on June 27.

Pretty telling that both can’t find anyone to represent them in Florida.

I just want to put this open source detail on storage of milspec files etc for those who are interested or for those who believe the way these files were stored and handled by Trump is 'no big deal'.

On viewing, it should be pretty obvious that, even IF Trump "had every right to have these documents" (he did NOT - that is a lie) his mishandling of them is egregious and beyond borderline criminal. It deals with construction etc - no widows, thickness of the cement floors, walls and roof etc etc etc

For the Top Secret, SCI, SAP, Five Eyes files at a minimum requirements are below for the room post-construction; the actual secure cabinets (additional compartmentalization) themselves inside the room are another matter entirely (that was also lacking at MAL). I don't think the bath with a window and the ballroom qualify .... just sayin'.:
Top SecretLocate SSR in High Security Zone
  • Vibration detection on walls (and Secure Ceiling if applicable)
  • Motion detection (or other IDS) inside the SSR
  • Consider additional compartmentalization for need-to-know 2
  • Consider two person authentication 3
  • SEG-listed combination locks approved for Top Secret
  • Formal TRA to ensure the adequacy of all storage, alarm and response measures

Last edited:

Mike Pence has sudden change of heart over Trump classified documents: ‘I can’t defend it’

“Having read the indictment, these are very serious allegations,” Mr Pence told The Wall Street Journal’s Editorial Board on Tuesday. “And I can’t defend what is alleged.”

Ex-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo slams Trump saying his handling of secrets put US troops in danger

“Trump had classified docs when he shouldn’t have had them, and when given the opportunity to return them he chose not to do that .. That’s inconsistent with protecting America’s soldiers .. some of these were pretty serious, important docs.”

Last edited:

Fox News labelled US president Joe Biden a “wannabe dictator” who attempted to have “his political rival arrested” during a live broadcast of Donald Trump’s post-arraignment speech.

The network was the only major cable news network to carry Trump’s Tuesday evening speech live, with CNN and MSNBC choosing not to air the address.

Towards the end of the speech, viewers were presented with a split screen carrying a separate speech from Biden at the White House. Below the image, the news chyron read: “wannabe dictator speaks at the White House after having his political rival arrested”.

Screenshot from Fox News

His logic is so annoying. When charges are brought against him, it's always a witch hunt, people being Trump haters, and Joe Biden wanting to be a dictator. NEVER could it ever be that he actually broke a law and he could take even the slightest, tiniest sliver of accountability.

Last edited:

According to the House speaker, Kevin McCarthy, who on Monday defended Donald Trump after photos released by federal investigators showed boxes of classified documents piled high next to a shower in the ex-president’s Florida resort home, the answer is the bathroom.

“A bathroom door locks,” the California Republican said.

That would be more secure, McCarthy argued, than the location where classified documents were found stored in Joe Biden’s residence: in his garage “that opens up all the time”.

Biden disclosed in January that his attorneys had discovered a small number of files in his house’s garage, commenting: “My Corvette is in a locked garage, so it’s not like they’re sitting out on the street.”

Multiple construction and home improvement professionals who spoke to the Guardian agreed: a bathroom would be one of the worst possible places in your home to store important files.

Could a bathroom lock offer some protection? The experts agree: no.

“It would be very unusual for a bathroom door to lock from the outside as they are almost always set up to only lock from the inside,” says Bartlett, explaining the obvious flaw in McCarthy’s thinking.

Bathroom door locks have another weakness: almost every one has a small hole that allows it to be opened from the outside with a small object like a pin, “in case one of the kids gets locked in”, says Eric Marie, a Chicago-based contractor. “When it comes to safety, a bathroom door will be a two out of 10.”

If a bathroom door is a two, then a garage door would be “more like an eight or nine”, says Marie. The panels may be made of steel, aluminum, or solid wood, and some even have additional locking latches on the inside. “It’s much harder to go through a garage door than any door in your house,” the contractor says.

According to the House speaker, Kevin McCarthy, who on Monday defended Donald Trump after photos released by federal investigators showed boxes of classified documents piled high next to a shower in the ex-president’s Florida resort home, the answer is the bathroom.

That would be more secure, McCarthy argued, than the location where classified documents were found stored in Joe Biden’s residence: in his garage “that opens up all the time”.

Biden disclosed in January that his attorneys had discovered a small number of files in his house’s garage, commenting: “My Corvette is in a locked garage, so it’s not like they’re sitting out on the street.”

Multiple construction and home improvement professionals who spoke to the Guardian agreed: a bathroom would be one of the worst possible places in your home to store important files.

“It would be very unusual for a bathroom door to lock from the outside as they are almost always set up to only lock from the inside,” says Bartlett, explaining the obvious flaw in McCarthy’s thinking.

Bathroom door locks have another weakness: almost every one has a small hole that allows it to be opened from the outside with a small object like a pin, “in case one of the kids gets locked in”, says Eric Marie, a Chicago-based contractor. “When it comes to safety, a bathroom door will be a two out of 10.”

If a bathroom door is a two, then a garage door would be “more like an eight or nine”, says Marie. The panels may be made of steel, aluminum, or solid wood, and some even have additional locking latches on the inside. “It’s much harder to go through a garage door than any door in your house,” the contractor says.
It is very worrying that there are so many members of Congress who view and treat breaches of National (and Allied) security so non-chalantly (only when it comes to Trump though).

It puts troops, all citizens and the Nation (and Allied nations in this case) at risk. How comforting it is to know that the supposed-adults in charge of the asylum have begun behaving like the spoiled child. In any other instance, I'd swear it was a third world country where this was happening. Bodes well for the future n'est pas? Vote them all out - every single one of his enablers and apologists needs to go.

Isn't that surreal and embarrasing. Speaker McCarthy, 2nd in line for the presidency under succession, says it's ok to store nuclear plans and our nation's secret war defenses in a shower because, well you know, those little locks that a kid can turn. Next he'll be saying that a dripping shower is just clean water, don't worry.

Isn't that surreal and embarrasing. Speaker McCarthy, 2nd in line for the presidency under succession, says it's ok to store nuclear plans and our nation's secret war defenses in a shower because, well you know, those little locks that a kid can turn. Next he'll be saying that a dripping shower is just clean water, don't worry.

So his logic is that a locked garage door is less secure than a bathroom door?

I just can’t imagine packing to move in such a haphazard manner. He even said some of the boxes had clothing mixed in with documents! Why?! I’ve moved a number of times in the past few years. I labeled every box with its contents and what room it should go to. If it was for the kitchen it didn’t have bathroom stuff in it or documents. I realize Trump was convinced he wouldn’t have to move, and his staff was no doubt afraid to mention packing to him. But he had about two weeks after January 6 to get it done. It was chaotic, but not impossible. And it’s not like he had to do it all by himself.

JMO

But like he said on tape, I don't like anybody going through my files. Why would that be? Most presidents have trusted advisors and helpers, especially the WH Chief of Staff, who can help identify what stays part of the PRA and what was personal. Chaotic or not, it appears he didn't want anyone going through files. Would they have found damning evidence of some collusion with foreign powers or quid pro quo deals he made as DJT civilian and not as President of the United States? Or were they complicit, too?

Mike Pence has sudden change of heart over Trump classified documents: ‘I can’t defend it’

“Having read the indictment, these are very serious allegations,” Mr Pence told The Wall Street Journal’s Editorial Board on Tuesday. “And I can’t defend what is alleged.”

Ex-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo slams Trump saying his handling of secrets put US troops in danger

“Trump had classified docs when he shouldn’t have had them, and when given the opportunity to return them he chose not to do that .. That’s inconsistent with protecting America’s soldiers .. some of these were pretty serious, important docs.”

*singing*

Happy Birthday to you
It looks like you're through
Your defense is crapola
And your Prez campaign, too!

Happy birthday, Inmate #666!

Well, there is his hair.

Heh, our Canadian Prime Minister was elected because of his nice hair!
So his logic is that a locked garage door is less secure than a bathroom door?

That really isn't very logical, is it. I think it's scandalous that classified files are so loosely guarded and can end up in either a garage or piled up in a bathroom. Somebody upthread mentioned that they can't leave the school with student info. Should not classified documents have much tighter supervision?

What president, ever, should have been allowed to take classified documents home? No one! Finding classified files in Biden's garage is damaging to the justice system's attempt to show that Trump's actions were beyond reason. It doesn't make much difference to me that Biden had only a few and returned them when asked. Biden should not have had any classified documents at his house.

Either the special documents librarian has been asleep on their job, or there is no system in place for keeping track of classified documents. It looks like it's been a problem for a long time.

jmo

Fox News has responded to the attention its coverage of former President Donald Trump’s speech got last night, when a chyron called President Joe Biden a “wannabe dictator.”

“The chyron was taken down immediately and was addressed,” a Fox News spokesperson said on Wednesday.

The chyron appeared just before 9 p.m. ET, at the end of the hour devoted to Fox News Tonight. As the network went to a split screen of Trump’s post-arraignment speech from Bedminster, NJ and President Joe Biden’s speech at the White House, the chyron read, “Wannabe dictator speaks at the White House after having his political rival arrested.” It was quickly flagged by media and political reporters on Twitter.

When he asked Sen. Joni Ernst, for example, whether she’d read the indictment, she responded, “I have not.” The Iowa Republican added, “I have been on the road, thank you very much.” Sen. Deb Fischer of Nebraska said she hasn’t read it because she had “work to do.”

Republican Sen. James Lankford of Oklahoma said he’d looked at the document, though he hasn’t “gone through every page of it.” Republican Sen. Steve Daines of Montana said he hadn’t read it, and when asked why not, “he responded with a silent, frozen half-laugh.”

Most peculiar among responses from the senators who didn’t read the indictment was that of Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), who was chairman of the Judiciary Committee during the Trump presidency. “I haven’t read it at all. I’m not a legal analyst. I’m gonna leave that to the professionals to tell us about it. I’ve read everything I can of secondary sources of it, but not the original.”

In case this isn’t obvious, the relatively brief indictment — it’s really just 44 double-spaced pages— is quite readable. One need not be a “legal analyst” to understand it.

Someone with 42 years of experience as a U.S. senator — a tenure that includes a four-year stint as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, and several additional years as the ranking member on the Senate Judiciary Committee — shouldn’t have any trouble at all going through it.

Former Trump administration trade adviser Peter Navarro snapped at Mike Pence on Twitter this morning regarding the former vice president’s apparent change of heart of over the classified documents case against former president Donald Trump.

Tweeted Mr Navarro: “Pond scum. It is PENCE who should be indicted for ILLEGALLY taking classified docs from White House.”

When he asked Sen. Joni Ernst, for example, whether she’d read the indictment, she responded, “I have not.” The Iowa Republican added, “I have been on the road, thank you very much.” Sen. Deb Fischer of Nebraska said she hasn’t read it because she had “work to do.”

Republican Sen. James Lankford of Oklahoma said he’d looked at the document, though he hasn’t “gone through every page of it.” Republican Sen. Steve Daines of Montana said he hadn’t read it, and when asked why not, “he responded with a silent, frozen half-laugh.”

Most peculiar among responses from the senators who didn’t read the indictment was that of Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), who was chairman of the Judiciary Committee during the Trump presidency. “I haven’t read it at all. I’m not a legal analyst. I’m gonna leave that to the professionals to tell us about it. I’ve read everything I can of secondary sources of it, but not the original.”

In case this isn’t obvious, the relatively brief indictment — it’s really just 44 double-spaced pages— is quite readable. One need not be a “legal analyst” to understand it.

Someone with 42 years of experience as a U.S. senator — a tenure that includes a four-year stint as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, and several additional years as the ranking member on the Senate Judiciary Committee — shouldn’t have any trouble at all going through it.
Ignorance is bliss. If they don't read the indictment, these people can't/won't comment on it. They're also afraid of what they'll find if they do read the document. Better to avoid the issue altogether. What you don't know can't hurt you. JMO

WASHINGTON — Most of the 18 House Republicans who represent districts that voted for President Joe Biden don’t want to talk about the elephant in the room: Donald Trump, the former president and front-runner for the 2024 GOP nomination, and his federal indictment over mishandled classified information.

Those Republicans are walking a tightrope as they seek re-election in challenging territory. For their primaries, they'll need the backing of loyal GOP voters, who are solidly in Trump’s corner and have embraced his unsubstantiated claims of a federal plot to take him down. But they risk losing in the general election if they turn off independents and swing voters, who are skeptical of Trump and tend to be decisive in their districts...

Aileen M. Cannon, the Federal District Court judge assigned to preside over former President Donald J. Trump’s classified documents case, has scant experience running criminal trials, calling into question her readiness to handle what is likely to be an extraordinarily complex and high-profile courtroom clash.

Judge Cannon, 42, has been on the bench since November 2020, when Mr. Trump gave her a lifetime appointment shortly after he lost re-election. She had not previously served as any kind of judge, and because about 98 percent of federal criminal cases are resolved with plea deals, she has had only a limited opportunity to learn how to preside over a trial.

A Bloomberg Law database lists 224 criminal cases that have been assigned to her, and a New York Times review of those cases identified four that went to trial. Each was a relatively routine matter, like a felon who was charged with illegally possessing a gun. In all, the four cases added up to 14 trial days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member