FL - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 40 counts to classified documents and obstruction of justice, June 2023, Trial May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignorance is bliss. If they don't read the indictment, these people can't/won't comment on it. They're also afraid of what they'll find if they do read the document. Better to avoid the issue altogether. What you don't know can't hurt you. JMO
You would think it would be required reading for ALL OUR REPRESENTATIVES!!!

I just can’t imagine packing to move in such a haphazard manner. He even said some of the boxes had clothing mixed in with documents! Why?! I’ve moved a number of times in the past few years. I labeled every box with its contents and what room it should go to. If it was for the kitchen it didn’t have bathroom stuff in it or documents. I realize Trump was convinced he wouldn’t have to move, and his staff was no doubt afraid to mention packing to him. But he had about two weeks after January 6 to get it done. It was chaotic, but not impossible. And it’s not like he had to do it all by himself.

JMO
I think I recall reading the some of the clothing was gifts. Also, there were newspapers and clippings in the boxes. But that still doesn't explain why they were packed up with documents that should have gone to NARA.

And then there's 4 star general, CIA director Petraeus who gave a lot of journals containing highly classified us data
to his extramarital lover to help her write a book about him. (Ie giving classified material to the press) This guy got a misdemeanor, 2 yrs probation and 100k fine. In part because the information was so very sensitive they didn't want to discuss it in court. Probably what trump will try to get, a big fine that his sycophants can pay for him.

Garland, taking questions at an event on combating violent crime, said he couldn't discuss particulars of the case but offered general praise for special counsel Jack Smith and his team after being asked about accusations made by Trump and other Republicans that the Justice Department has been "weaponized."

"As I said when I appointed Mr. Smith, I did so because it underscores the Justice Department's commitment to both independence and accountability," the attorney general said. "Mr. Smith is a veteran career prosecutor. He has assembled a group of experienced and talented prosecutors and agents who share his commitment to integrity. Any questions about this matter will have to be answered by their filings in court."

Garland’s comments came the day after NBC News first reported that two officials with the Nevada Republican Party had appeared to testify before a federal grand jury in D.C. that is investigating the “fake electors” scheme as well as Trump’s actions on Jan. 6 and his efforts to stop the peaceful transfer of power.

NJ venue up the sleeve?

"If Aileen Cannon, the Florida judge assigned to the case, were to seek to pocket-veto the charges before her by, say, scheduling the trial for after the 2024 presidential election, the special counsel would be able to sidestep her tactic by proceeding with charges in New Jersey."

Trumps post on Truth Social

I think this is throwing Mr Nauta under the bus to take the blame. :eek:

It's also suggesting that Trump waived the requirement of only specific individuals being able to view such classified docs and handed all responsibility for them to a glorified house servant. If he thinks this breezy explanation for why classified, top secret documents ended up cheek by jowl with pieces of clothing, it just shows either his complete contempt for America's security or he is indeed not smart enough to figure out he's just added another charge to the list.

Ignorance is bliss. If they don't read the indictment, these people can't/won't comment on it. They're also afraid of what they'll find if they do read the document. Better to avoid the issue altogether. What you don't know can't hurt you. JMO
Even if they read the indictment, they still place bizarro blame on Biden and the DOJ and refuse to acknowledge it was a grand jury of Florida citizens who signed the indictment. Senator J.D. Vance comes across as an idiot.

JMO

But activist and disabled U.S. Army veteran Skyleigh Heinen drops a harsh truth bomb on Vance’s insinuations about Trump’s indictment. Heinen points out that Vance’s long list of villains — Biden, Garland, DOJ, Special Counsel Jack Smith, the Radical Left and the mainstream media — aren’t the parties responsible for Trump’s indictment.

Because Trump — as Vance the Yale-trained lawyer also knows — wasn’t indicted by any of the vilified figures above, but by a 23-person grand jury in Florida, a red state with a Republican Governor and two Republican Senators.

[Notably, Florida hasn’t elected a Democrat as Governor this century.]

Even if they read the indictment, they still place bizarro blame on Biden and the DOJ and refuse to acknowledge it was a grand jury of Florida citizens who signed the indictment. Senator J.D. Vance comes across as an idiot.

JMO

But activist and disabled U.S. Army veteran Skyleigh Heinen drops a harsh truth bomb on Vance’s insinuations about Trump’s indictment. Heinen points out that Vance’s long list of villains — Biden, Garland, DOJ, Special Counsel Jack Smith, the Radical Left and the mainstream media — aren’t the parties responsible for Trump’s indictment.

Because Trump — as Vance the Yale-trained lawyer also knows — wasn’t indicted by any of the vilified figures above, but by a 23-person grand jury in Florida, a red state with a Republican Governor and two Republican Senators.

[Notably, Florida hasn’t elected a Democrat as Governor this century.]

They refuse to acknowledge this. A Manhattan jury indicted him and they're still blaming Alvin Bragg all these weeks later. Logo should be an ostrich instead of an elephant.

The sheriff’s office in Fulton county, Georgia, announced that it had sent officials to Miami and New York to gather intelligence on security operations ahead of another possible indictment of Trump, this time over allegations that he pressured Georgia election officials to overturn his narrow loss in the state’s 2020 election.

Trump was caught on tape telling Brad Raffensperger, the Georgia secretary of state, “I just want to find 11,780 votes,” to surpass Joe Biden’s total. The district attorney in Fulton county, Fani Willis, has suggested that any charges would come in August.

*singing*

Happy Birthday to you
It looks like you're through
Your defense is crapola
And your Prez campaign, too!

Happy birthday, Inmate #666!
I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I did not put a flag out for Flag Day this year. We always display the Stars & Stripes on our porch for Memorial Day, Flag Day (June 14), Independence Day, Labor Day, September 11, and Veteran's Day. When DH asked me last night if I wanted him to get the flag out for Flag Day, I said, "No. It would be like celebrating Trump's birthday, and I don't think we should do that." This is how I feel right now. JMO

Does anyone else have “Twilight Zone” theme music as an ear worm?!

I just want to put this open source detail on storage of milspec files etc for those who are interested or for those who believe the way these files were stored and handled by Trump is 'no big deal'.

On viewing, it should be pretty obvious that, even IF Trump "had every right to have these documents" (he did NOT - that is a lie) his mishandling of them is egregious and beyond borderline criminal. It deals with construction etc - no widows, thickness of the cement floors, walls and roof etc etc etc

For the Top Secret, SCI, SAP, Five Eyes files at a minimum requirements are below for the room post-construction; the actual secure cabinets (additional compartmentalization) themselves inside the room are another matter entirely (that was also lacking at MAL). I don't think the bath with a window and the ballroom qualify .... just sayin'.:
Top SecretLocate SSR in High Security Zone
  • Vibration detection on walls (and Secure Ceiling if applicable)
  • Motion detection (or other IDS) inside the SSR
  • Consider additional compartmentalization for need-to-know 2
  • Consider two person authentication 3
  • SEG-listed combination locks approved for Top Secret
  • Formal TRA to ensure the adequacy of all storage, alarm and response measures
I am relieved about this. I've been thinking myself stupidly naive that it was really acceptable and normal to just have this level of secret files in cardboard boxes around people's houses, no safes, padlocked briefcases or anything, where a burglar could just find anything lying around.

And let's not forgot the million deaths from Covid, while he demonised Dr Fauci.
The historians have a lot to write about the former president.
You mean you didn’t swallow bleach and thread ultra-violet light down your esophagus??????

Clever Australian!

LOL I shouldn’t laugh though, because I’m sure there are people who did just that.

And obviously DT would NEVER have the grace and humility to admit he himself could have died of Covid if he hadn’t received super-duper presidential treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm