GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't realised how easy it was to resize! Doh!
can you look at that Carey query

Rashbaum on cross said to Wendi wtte of ' your interview with Isom started around 2.45pm'
Wendi plays the Lisa Carey voicemail to Isom at some point thereafter, and speaks as if it's the first time she's heard the message & first time she'd become aware of a shooting on Trescott. What do you think?

( Isom intevriew is on page 41 of this WS thread if anybody else interested)
The screenshot/exhibit doesn't seem to indicate when any voice mails were listened to. We know she listened to the Carey voice mail at approx 2:45pm at the start of the video with Isom (there's a digital clock on the video), but that accessing of the vm doesn't show up in the screenshot -- there is no entry for 2:45 or thereabout. When I have more time I'll go back and watch Corbett and see if I can learn more on that point.

I'm beginning to thing that WA turning up on Trescott Drive perhaps is a bit more important, I feel Georgia didn't really pursue this, probably for a number of reasons. So someone correct me if I'm wrong:

1)WA says she turned right onto Trescott Drive of Centreville Road but immediately did a K turn when she saw tape
there was no tape at the junction of Trescott Drive and Centreville Road

2)The tape was only 4 houses to the right and left of DM's house

3)DM's house cannot be seen from the junction of Trescott Drive and Centreville Road, you would have to drive close to a mile down the road, come round a corner and then you could see the house and tape

4)The police said they saw her car and said it was clear it was DM's hosue that was taped off

5)There were multiple police cars there. Even someone that was not involved with the law would understand the implications of police tape and police cars i.e it obviously was not a fallen tree

6) She was going through a contentious and acrimonious divorce, there is police tape round your ex's house and your ex has the kids. 99.9% of parents would be flipping out trying to find out what happened, where the kids are etc and she just turns round and goes out to lunch.....

That's not something that can be easily dismisse
Do we know for sure exactly where the tape was? Isom and Brannon said 2-4 houses collectively, theres a photo they are saying is Dans house..so that would be AT the house.

I still can't find the exhibits which accompany this screenshot that I took on the day Corbett gave evidence. ( It was on day 3 or Day 4 )

I have re-sized the original screenshot but IDK if it will be legible because @clearskies1 had wanted context for a couple of the items in the list.

Somewhere on day 3 or 4 live coverage, there must be a list for Wendi earlier in the morning - the image only covers 12.30 - 3.15 and Wendi was with the cops from after 2pm-ishView attachment 462023
The list is shown in the trials. I have screenshots of it but don't know how to attach it here

that's interesting and I didn't know that - Dan's lawyer & a cop.

BTW if you do rewatch her Isom interview, have a look at Jane's initial reactions ( from when she comes in until she's told Dan won't survive. )
Obviously I don't think Jane presumed Wendi had shot Dan but Jane's reaction is interesting
I Rewatched the interview this week for the 5th time (it’s a favorite lol), and Jane seems like some mother hen to Wendi. I bet it’s similar to the dynamic between Wendi and Donna. Jane is even so bold as to ask about Dans condition as if she is family. So is Wendi truly a woman child who needs nurturing, or just a really good actress?

So is Wendi truly a woman child who needs nurturing, or just a really good actress?
(RSBM)

Well, Jeff Lacasse did say in his interviews that Wendi was basically not good at adulting and very dependent acting. That she could put on a facade of having it together but once he got to know her she was a huge mess. He linked it to her relationship with her family.

Cops may have gotten immediate access to the court files re the divorce. JMO.
Rsbm

Yep and probably someone just looking at the public interface of a court website could quickly deduce it was an acrimonious situation by the fact there were tons of filings and hearings ongoing even after their divorce was granted in 2013.

(RSBM)

Well, Jeff Lacasse did say in his interviews that Wendi was basically not good at adulting and very dependent acting. That she could put on a facade of having it together but once he got to know her she was a huge mess. He linked it to her relationship with her family.
Yes, yet she was able to manipulate him, and basically everyone in her life. That takes finesse.

I Rewatched the interview this week for the 5th time (it’s a favorite lol), and Jane seems like some mother hen to Wendi. I bet it’s similar to the dynamic between Wendi and Donna. Jane is even so bold as to ask about Dans condition as if she is family. So is Wendi truly a woman child who needs nurturing, or just a really good actress?
yes, especially consider that wendi is a Prof at the university where Jane is a doctoral student.

I think it's as per @Mariposa - and Lacasse have noted - Wendi was an intelligent resourceful woman who acted, especially round her family, as if she wasn't an adult ( In order to get whatever she needed)

anyway...
To make it easier for people, it starts at 2hrs 24minutes here. Jane laughs ' okay sweetie' and then laughs again after WA says ' that's all I know' ( by this point Jane knew there'd been a shooting)

yes, especially consider that wendi is a Prof at the university where Jane is the doctoral student.

I think it's as per others - and Lacasse have noted - Wendi was an intelligent resourceful woman who acted ( especially round her family) as if she wasn't an adult ( In order to get whatever she needed)

anyway...
To make it easier for people, it starts at 2hrs 24minutes here. Jane laughs ' okay sweetie' and then laughs again after WA says ' that's all I know' ( by this point Jane knew there'd been a shooting)
Yes. It was a bit creepy. She seems really lighthearted right after a man (she knew) had been shot.

Thinking about Harvey, and his involvement. In the YouTube video, where he and Donna are in Africa with the giraffe, she is instructing him to put a carrot, or something similar in his mouth, then let the giraffe take it from him. Really? He knew it was easier to go along with it, rather than tell her No. He seems spineless. I don’t believe he had an active part of planning the murder, but he knew Donna very well, and knew it was easier to go with the flow and not rock the boat. The fact he did nothing to stop this evil plan, to me, is almost worse, than if he had been in on the plan.

IMHO

The screenshot/exhibit doesn't seem to indicate when any voice mails were listened to. We know she listened to the Carey voice mail at approx 2:45pm at the start of the video with Isom (there's a digital clock on the video), but that accessing of the vm doesn't show up in the screenshot -- there is no entry for 2:45 or thereabout. When I have more time I'll go back and watch Corbett and see if I can learn more on that point.
Replying to my own post: the State may have more detailed data from Wendi's phone -- i.e., vm accessing -- but it's not in the exhibit posted above. In the Murdaugh case, the prosecution did an extremely detailed analysis of the events registered my Alex Murdaugh's phone (backlight going on, vm access, etc.) so I know it's possible to do, or at least it was possible to do with his phone in 2023.

Can anyone help identify two individuals in the "Hollywood Squares" of DA's initial hearing in Miami?

In this arrangement, who are (B) and (C) ?

A | B
C | D

A: Judge Glazer and DA
B: ???
C: ???
D; DA's attorrney Marissel Descalzo

(C) was adamant that there would be no DA bail option in Leon County.

Thanks.

Screenshot from 2023-11-18 08-53-29.png

This article on the Adelsons' finances has lots of interesting information:

However, the discussion at the end suggesting that the statute of limitations for a wrongful-death lawsuit in this case would be two is years is incorrect, or at least highly misleading. It's true that, under FL law, the statute of limitations for wrongful death is generally two years. However, if the wrongful death resulted from a murder (as is the case here), the lawsuit "may be commenced at any time." FL Stat. 95.11(10).

Here's the whole provision:

(10) FOR INTENTIONAL TORTS RESULTING IN DEATH FROM ACTS DESCRIBED IN S. 782.04 OR S. 782.07.—Notwithstanding paragraph (4)(e), an action for wrongful death seeking damages authorized under s. 768.21 brought against a natural person for an intentional tort resulting in death from acts described in s. 782.04 or s. 782.07 may be commenced at any time. This subsection shall not be construed to require an arrest, the filing of formal criminal charges, or a conviction for a violation of s. 782.04 or s. 782.07 as a condition for filing a civil action.

Can anyone help identify two individuals in the "Hollywood Squares" of DA's initial hearing in Miami?

In this arrangement, who are (B) and (C) ?

A | B
C | D

A: Judge Glazer and DA
B: ???
C: ???
D; DA's attorrney Marissel Descalzo

(C) was adamant that there would be no DA bail option in Leon County.

Thanks.

View attachment 462079
Wish I could help, but am clueless.

Replying to my own post: the State may have more detailed data from Wendi's phone -- i.e., vm accessing -- but it's not in the exhibit posted above. In the Murdaugh case, the prosecution did an extremely detailed analysis of the events registered my Alex Murdaugh's phone (backlight going on, vm access, etc.) so I know it's possible to do, or at least it was possible to do with his phone in 2023.
I didn't follow Murdaugh but do you know if they managed to do that with a Cellebrited copy of his phone or did LE have his actual phone?

( If it's the former, yes, could be very important for WA prosecution)

This article on the Adelsons' finances has lots of interesting information:

$8M in bank/investment accounts among DA, HA, CA, and WA, CA and WA had "only" $550K each of that but it doesn't include cash kept in safes, or non-liquid assets like real-estate.

After the CA verdict, I figured the Markels would be getting solicited by civil attorneys, looking to get a piece of whatever is left of the Adelson empire. I don't even think they would have to sit in such a trial if they didn't want to. Going after the Adelson assets would be a defeat to WA (if she remains free) who could have lived comfortably off them. The Markels could use the settlement to take care of the grandsons under their own terms, too, and not DA's trusts that she supposedly set up.

$8M in bank/investment accounts among DA, HA, CA, and WA, CA and WA had "only" $550K each of that but it doesn't include cash kept in safes, or non-liquid assets like real-estate.

After the CA verdict, I figured the Markels would be getting solicited by civil attorneys, looking to get a piece of whatever is left of the Adelson empire. I don't even think they would have to sit in such a trial if they didn't want to. Going after the Adelson assets would be a defeat to WA (if she remains free) who could have lived comfortably off them. The Markels could use the settlement to take care of the grandsons under their own terms, too, and not DA's trusts that she supposedly set up.
Somebody else should be able to specify the actual podcast name but afaik, on a podcast, Ruth said she hadn't sued because she was fearful that it could further alienate her own grandchildren.

OFC the Markels might change their mind on that but afaik the Markels are wealthy in their own right too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeloocee