GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He seemed to me to be sort of under her spell. Remember, he talks in his police interview about her “sexuality.“

He also seemed to me to be very involved with the kids, almost like a co-parent, the way he was talking.
For sure. You'd have to be under some heavy duty spell to deal with that kind of behavior.

When I heard LaCasse tell that story about the TV on the stand at Charlie’s trial, it gave me the creeps. I was just trying to picture those kids crying and being forced to watch this broken TV where you couldn’t see the picture. Bizarre. LaCasse has this way of describing his experiences that really gives me chills sometimes. He gives this sense that something is just wrong.
For sure. When our kids were that small, a broken TV would have been a nightmare, and we would have gotten a new one pretty quickly. Was she truly someone who held onto their appliances and electronics, preferring to have them repaired? Drilling down on the details around the TV smashing and repair, the details and people connected to the party and to the lunch - those are at the crux of getting to WA. In similar cases, would the people she ate lunch with have been interviewed in detail? Everybody who saw her that day or the day(s) before / would they have been interviewed? All of her stories don’t add up IMO.
And the lack of concern she showed about their kids during the police interview struck me as really odd. I would have been out of my mind and pretty panicked until I could hug them and be with them. (With that being said, I have not watched the complete interview or if I did, it’s been several years).

For sure. When our kids were that small, a broken TV would have been a nightmare, and we would have gotten a new one pretty quickly. Was she truly someone who held onto their appliances and electronics, preferring to have them repaired? Drilling down on the details around the TV smashing and repair, the details and people connected to the party and to the lunch - those are at the crux of getting to WA. In similar cases, would the people she ate lunch with have been interviewed in detail? Everybody who saw her that day or the day(s) before / would they have been interviewed? All of her stories don’t add up IMO.
And the lack of concern she showed about their kids during the police interview struck me as really odd. I would have been out of my mind and pretty panicked until I could hug them and be with them. (With that being said, I have not watched the complete interview or if I did, it’s been several years).
She expresses concern for the kids in that she says she’s worried that whoever shot Dan will come after them. She says this to the police, and Isom reassures her that there’s no indication that the kids are a target. She also expresses this to her friend Jane, saying she worries that she or the boys will be next. But, she doesn’t express a desire to go be with the kids until toward the end of the interview, after some family friends have been sent to pick them up. Then she does say she wants to go home to them, possibly to the home of these family friends, because she says she is concerned for her and her kids’ safety. Isom throughout the interview tells her they will send someone to go pick up her kids, and that they will need their mother.

So, I have a question for those with legal expertise and based on discussions after KM’s guilty verdict. Would it behoove CA to turn on his sister now and share any solid evidence he may have that implicates WA, prior to sentencing in December or would he have nothing to gain until after he went through any planned appeals to his conviction?

So, I have a question for those with legal expertise and based on discussions after KM’s guilty verdict. Would it behoove CA to turn on his sister now and share any solid evidence he may have that implicates WA, prior to sentencing in December or would he have nothing to gain until after he went through any planned appeals to his conviction?

Since CA took the stand, I have read that the chance of his conviction being overturned is about 2%. He probably has no idea yet what life is like in a FL max so if he does roll on WA for either a lesser sentence or better accommodations, it may be awhile. A few months in a FL max cell will get CA thinking WA is living la buena vida and he may turn on her.

I’m not sure, but I would think it would be better to do this now, before his sentencing, in the hopes that his sentence might be reduced. He would still be able to appeal after that, I think. Better legal minds might have a better answer…

Someone asked if people know some lesser known info in this case, and, ironically, for the first time yesterday, I watched the video of a woman who was friends with both DM and WA. Not sure if her name is Tamara orTamra. If you all haven't seen this, I highly recommend it. I'm not sure, but there may be two videos on it. I don't know if I know how to link it, but I will try to link one of them here. It is on Mentour L's channel.

It's absolutely fascinating what she put together so quickly. She had the vantage point of knowing all the players, and having been around the A's many times. She thought it was extremely suspicious that Harvey wouldn't look her in the eyes at the funeral. She said she believed that WA had told so many horrific stories of what supposed abuse Dan inflicted upon her for which that family absolutely hated him. She suspected both of the men, CA and HA, potentially doing this. She said there is no way they would do it themselves. She very smartly thought of questions that we all now know were the correct questions – who would've known Dan's schedule to do this.

But she had so much insight into the dynamics into that family, and all the things that had gone on. For all of us who are on here, I would say he won't be sorry you spent any time watching it. Also, I don't think she is allowed to talk about any of this stuff now as she may be a witness.

She said DA acted normally at the funeral, but HA wouldn't look her in the eyes. She found that sus. She really suspected both men and gave WA the benefit of the doubt. She was friendly with WA. She went into history of WA leaving the boys with people & going out of town or doing whatever. DM would be mad. Sounds like now- dA was with those boys all the time.

She thinks WA lied to make DM sound much worse to instill such hatred in him,& she badmouthed him at FSU as well. Toxic divorce where they'd lawyer shop so an attorney couldn't be used by the other side in such a small town. She says WA plays her cards close to the vest & reveals very little about herself. Much more here.

I watched these too. So interesting and she has such insight. The ones I watched were “pt 3 of 6” and “pt 4 of 6”. I’ve looked but can’t find parts 1,2,5 or 6.

I’m not sure, but I would think it would be better to do this now, before his sentencing, in the hopes that his sentence might be reduced. He would still be able to appeal after that, I think. Better legal minds might have a better answer…
Would that affect his appeals? Which is why Sigfredo has kept quiet, he has appeals pending. CA is saying he is not guilty and will appeal the guilty verdict, so there is a chance the decision could be reversed (unlikely) and he could be a free man. So whilst that's on the table I'm sure he won't want to co-operate as that would be admitting his guilt in the murder. I don't think the state is going to offer him any kind of deal. Maybe 40 years instead of life to roll on Wendy?

He seemed to me to be sort of under her spell. Remember, he talks in his police interview about her “sexuality.“

He also seemed to me to be very involved with the kids, almost like a co-parent, the way he was talking.
I think what he means is that she gave good sex.
He stayed for the sex, despite learning about the upcoming hit.
I shudder, visualizing that (both).

I watched these too. So interesting and she has such insight. The ones I watched were “pt 3 of 6” and “pt 4 of 6”. I’ve looked but can’t find parts 1,2,5 or 6.
It just came up on my YT suggestions, and I watched two of them. I didn't know there were other ones. Maybe they got pulled because she is specifically not talking about the case at all because she clearly has been told she is going to be a witness at some point. Smartly, I think the state wants her to not say a word because they will want her testimony at Wendi's trial.

It's just like the wiretaps. I have asked where people get them from. I mean beyond fanci's channel. Where did she get them? And where did other people get them. If you listen to the podcast over my dead body, there are tons of wiretaps out there not on Fanci's that would be really interesting to hear, but I don't know where people get them. Maybe they were taken down as well.

<modsnip - referenced post was removed> As this hatefilled locomotive headied to Tallahassee, carrying a cast of 7 losers, any one of them could have pulled the brakes!! No one "just got lucky" and killed poor DM in his drive way, or had a passion fueled moment, a robbery gone wrong or even a drunk driving accident. These people schemed for at least 2 years! Not enough they "got jacked" by the first killers they sought... still they were elitist white people who were willing to throw money to get rid of someone who simply inconvenienced their lives. So if anyone wants to revile me for hating the actions of all involved, so be it. I stand by the premise... Dan's life was precious. LIFE IS PRECIOUS!!! . Even if he was the most argumentative man on the face of this earth, he did not deserve to be gunned down! He loved his children and wanted to be in their lives....that is not a crime.
***Edited to add" I refuse to give the plotters of this man murder a pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been curious about how Wendi became so rich,
They're wealthy, but I'd imagine once all the arrests and trials are done, there won't be much left in the coffers. Obviously no-one knows how much they've got between them, but I've read that between WA, DA, HA and CA they have a combined total of $8 million. That would very quickly get eaten up in legal fees.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for no link to podcast, no way to know if podcast is approved or if podcast posts good info>

I suspect the Adelson family was worth somewhere in the $12-$15M range, given that they own at least one (but likely more than one) apartment block and several other properties.

I would love to see the lawsuit against Ryan Fitzpatrick. As I understand it, Charlie and another rich friend started a litigation finance company that Ryan managed, where they would essentially fund litigants or their lawyers to fund the litigation in return for a portion of awarded damages if the case is won. This is a very high risk, high reward business - and its exactly the kind of thing I could imagine Charlie thinking he could get into way over his head, with literally zero experience in litigation. Its the kind of venture where you if you invest $200k in a case to pay for the lawyers and a portion of damages, and you are expecting a return of $600k return on a $1M award, but you end up losing the case and your $200k.

At some point in 2018, Charlie needed to pull his money off the street from this company and there is really no way of doing that. Litigation cases can take years. Why did Charlie need to cash out in 2018? I dunno, maybe to fund his lifestyle with way less revenue after all the bad press. Or perhaps to launder bags full of cash to someone in the Phillipines before Magbanua and Garcia's trial. I hope we get to find out one day.

Also, recall the claims that the boys should start calling him 'Daddy' and the Jeep car seats. Around 27th June

Also, back in that July 2014 Isom interview Demko which @Missyrocks5 linked to, can hear that Wendi is in meltdown regarding AA. (Fear of boys developing a closer relationship?) So bad that she needs Harvey to accompany her

BTW Missy, many media outlets applied for all the releasable case details a few years ago. MLawyer also said that he has thousands of wiretaps which he hasn't uploaded which nobody has heard.
For a long time, he used to have the longer Demko interview publicly accessible on his channel.

I've been doing some navel gazing about why I am so fascinated by this case over the past couple of days, prompted by earlier posts.
I must confess to feeling almost elated by Charlie's conviction, and Donna's arrest.
For me, it is good overcoming evil. Justice has been so delayed in this brutal murder, and for a very long time it was uncertain that any member of this family, who, I became convinced, were central to this crime, would be held accountable.Not only did it seem that they might escape accountability, but that this might be due to their financial position, and social status. Three others had already been tried, KM twice, and found guilty. A terrible crime, and those responsible apparently getting away with it seemed unbearable to me. I'm really celebrating what I consider justice at least starting. I'm not feeling superior, it's not that at all for me.

Also, recall the claims that the boys should start calling him 'Daddy' and the Jeep car seats. Around 27th June

Also, back in that July 2014 Isom interview Demko which @Missyrocks5 linked to, can hear that Wendi is in meltdown regarding AA. (Fear of boys developing a closer relationship?) So bad that she needs Harvey to accompany her

BTW Missy, many media outlets applied for all the releasable case details a few years ago. MLawyer also said that he has thousands of wiretaps which he hasn't uploaded which nobody has heard.
For a long time, he used to have the longer Demko interview publicly accessible on his channel.
Thank you. I remember looking for those wiretaps around the year ago even. There was a Florida blog that had many, but I think those are gone now too. I do not remember seeing so many of them that I wanted to hear. <modsnip - reference to a podcast, no link, no way to know if podcast is approved and info is accurate> and I remember looking fairly recently and not seeing them anywhere.

I've been doing some navel gazing about why I am so fascinated by this case over the past couple of days, prompted by earlier posts.
I must confess to feeling almost elated by Charlie's conviction, and Donna's arrest.
For me, it is good overcoming evil. Justice has been so delayed in this brutal murder, and for a very long time it was uncertain that any member of this family, who, I became convinced, were central to this crime, would be held accountable.Not only did it seem that they might escape accountability, but that this might be due to their financial position, and social status. Three others had already been tried, KM twice, and found guilty. A terrible crime, and those responsible apparently getting away with it seemed unbearable to me. I'm really celebrating what I consider justice at least starting. I'm not feeling superior, it's not that at all for me.
Thanks for sharing, This really summarizes how I feel too. I felt elated at the verdict. Still do.

The next day, Surviving the Survivor had a podcast with a couple ex-convicts as guests and they were predicting Charlie would become instant prey in prison who would be regularly and violently attacked and then he'd also being forced to pay prison gangs under the threat of extreme violence or death. So, its not really a sympathy for CA per se - there are thousands of prisoners in his same situation - but that kind of macabre existence brings me no satisfaction whatsoever. I really do believe that the men's prisons are about a billion times worse than the women's.

Dolce Vita recording...First line of transcript.CHARLES ADELSON: If they had any evidence, we would have already gone to the airport.
Wow. Talk about tempting the fates! Dhaang Charlie, "we" did not include you. Mom & Dad went to the airport and left you sitting in jail.
Albeit a fruitless attempt to flee to Viet Nam via Dubai.... it still didn't change the fact they asked you not be informed. Charlie if there is one chance to get out of jail some day, and have the ocean breezes of Viet Nam blow through your Samson-like hair before you are an 80 year old man, take it! GC has only so many "gift cards" to hand out, and these are the kind that expire soon. You can still live comfortably on your delayed Social Security payout there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx