GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This! I’ve been swamped all day and it’s the first chance I’ve had to look at any of this. I was coming to post this to see what other people thought. I think they are playing 3-D chess. This was all part of a plan to try to let WendI have plausible deniability. They knew that Donna was going to be arrested at some point, so they decided to save WendI. WA will say that her family did this behind her back, she found out, and now she’s not speaking to them anymore. All that to me was performance art. I don’t believe it. The whole conversation.
I think they did want to keep her out of it. But I think they didn’t know they we’re being recorded after the line cut off. I think Wendi really did write that text, that she may be distancing herself, and that they are not happy about it. I believe all that was genuine, captured on a hot mic they weren’t aware of.

@amicuscurie

Mentour Lawyer Justice Network

Nov. 7 Jail call

5:20:00 -- CA and DA are talking.
5:22:32 -- DA says "Charlie can you hear me?"..... appears Charlie can't hear Donna anymore but the jail recording continues and all you hear is DA and HA? talking amongst themselves -- apparently, they don't know the jail recording is continuing...hot mic. This is what it sounds like to me.

She had to know her phone was still on. My opinion bc at one point she does something on her phone and she would see she’s still connected to the call, right? Very suspicious

Hypothetical- could DA hire WA as her attorney? What prevents that? And could they be a way around the no contact order?
So long as Wendi herself has not been arrested, I don’t see anything that would prevent that. I don’t believe that she would agree to do it, and I don’t see a benefit in it. And I think that if she did declare herself there attorney, the state might decide to arrest her or at the very least move to recuse her for an extreme conflict of interest, as she is an unnamed co-conspirator. At least.

She does say to Charlie that she has to get a lot of things done in a short time, which if he didn’t know they were planning to flee, he might wonder at. It seems from the calls that they told Rash of their plans to flee, so I wonder whether he would have told Charlie.

But it seems to me like they didn’t want Charlie to know. Remember, when they called Charlie’s friend to ask about possible destinations, the specifically said “don’t tell Charlie.” (This person later reported this call which led to Donna’s arrest).

When they are talking about fleeing on these recordings, they don’t know they are being recorded and they think Charlie has hung up or been cut off. They are not talking to him. The initial reports that it was “jail calls” which led police to believe they were fleeing were misleading in this regard. They weren’t speaking to Charlie on a call.
She kept mentioning to talk to Dan and he would explain. maybe about his parents fleeing? Seems it wouldn’t be unethical for him to even suggest them fleeing. DR is someone they trust , even if they are unloading their bank accounts on him.
I'm not so sure they didn’t know the call was still being recorded.she had to have seen the call on her phone, and at one point she was either looking at her phone for something, or getting some info on it, so her screen would have showed the call still connected, right?

Has anyone figured out who talked CA out of his gut-instinct-escape plan?
He seems to indicate on the calls that Rash was giving him the impression he might win. Whether this is true or not is anyone’s guess, people hear what they want to hear, and Charlie is speaking with the benefit of hindsight, who knows what he thought during the trial. But he compares the situation to one where he had a dog that was going to die, and the vet told him it would all be ok, and he didn’t listen. To me, he is comparing Rash to the vet who told him things were not as bad as they were. He says he should have listened to his gut with the vet as well.

She had to know her phone was still on. My opinion bc at one point she does something on her phone and she would see she’s still connected to the call, right? Very suspicious
At the very end of the call, something like that does happen, you can hear Harvey say “whose phone is this?” And then it cuts off. He may have seen the phone, picked it up, and noticed it was still on.

THAT’s who that was! I didn’t realize these people had family who were still talking to them. The guy says he’s going to try to help Charlie and he has talked to Charlie’s legal team in the past. Wow.
Is that the guy in Cali (cousin)?
they went to a wedding there
yes, Charlie would have been better off fleeing.
Seemed obvious thats what his “guts” meant.

Last edited:
Charlie is going to have to depend on Wendi for the only thing he can look forward to The rest of his life— snacks.
She wishes.... ( she had that leverage over him)

Considering that Charlie is or was a millionaire in his own right, won't he be able to instruct a lawyer to release funds to keep his commissary topped-up? ( Even if Harvey is incarcerated and he has a fall-out with his babymomma who's already recorded on calls offering to supply his account )

He seems to indicate on the calls that Rash was giving him the impression he might win. Whether this is true or not is anyone’s guess, people hear what they want to hear, and Charlie is speaking with the benefit of hindsight, who knows what he thought during the trial. But he compares the situation to one where he had a dog that was going to die, and the vet told him it would all be ok, and he didn’t listen. To me, he is comparing Rash to the vet who told him things were not as bad as they were. He says he should have listened to his gut with the vet as well.
If Charlie did flee,there would be no trial ,no millions for DR.
Rashbaum has/had an advantage there.
It could have been the first time CA listened to anyone(other than his mother).

She wishes.... ( she had that leverage over him)

Considering that Charlie is or was a millionaire in his own right, won't he be able to instruct a lawyer to release funds to keep his commissary topped-up? ( Even if Harvey is incarcerated and he has a fall-out with his babymomma who's already recorded on calls offering to supply his account )
You’re probably right!

Good question. I'm assuming it was a combo of Raush giving him a game-plan at trial plus Grandma Gotti & HA talking about his son, the business, etc. Never seeing his son again. Total conjecture though.

But him repeating that he should've trusted his gut in that call I agree with whoever said this, that was definitely a message to DA and HA to get out now. Who knows if Wendi has a plan to flee with the boys, but I think she believes that between the lack of taps and texts plus now showing her fallout with her family (because she will say that she believes they did this behind her back), will be enough to at least hang the jury.

I'm still baffled as to why DA/HA didn't book a private jet to Dubai out of another airport other than Miami Dade International.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks