GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still baffled as to why DA/HA didn't book a private jet to Dubai out of another airport other than Miami Dade International.
Yes. Also, why didn’t the maestro, a guy who loves boats, not formulate a plan to not go through the airport. The proximity to water would’ve easily allowed them to find someone to get them to an island somewhere or just keep heading to international waters somewhere that they can then get to a country that wouldn’t extradite them. But the first step would be not going through the airport and taking a boat instead. Then, figure it out from there. They have plenty of money and cash to accomplish a lot.

Yes. Also, why didn’t the maestro, a guy who loves boats, not formulate a plan to not go through the airport. The proximity to water would’ve easily allowed them to find someone to get them to an island somewhere or just keep heading to international waters somewhere that they can then get to a country that wouldn’t extradite them. But the first step would be not going through the airport and taking a boat instead. Then, figure it out from there. They have plenty of money and cash to accomplish a lot.
Some are saying that may be how Wendi flees. Many millionaires/billionaires in Miami with yachts.

I'm still baffled as to why DA/HA didn't book a private jet to Dubai out of another airport other than Miami Dade International.
Hubris.

I still haven't managed to get through all these calls yet, however the ones I've heard serve to emphasise the vileness of this family and their circle.

Also re some of the calls, I don't know why I'm continually surprised about Charlie's taste in women. I should know better by now ( He likes them younger, gullible, financially dependent and preferably amoral)

Im not sure they have as much money as people think they have. Yes, they live in an expensive condo. But they have also presumably spent a lot on lawyers and neither Harvey nor Charlie has been working. Private jets cost a lot, waaaay more than the monthly expenses for two people to live in a condo, no matter how expensive. They may have paid in cash for the condo, when they had more money, and not have as much liquidity anymore, who knows. They may have paid for it with the proceeds from the sale of their house. But even a mortgage payment on an expensive condo is not nearly as much as a private flight to Dubai.

Some are saying that may be how Wendi flees. Many millionaires/billionaires in Miami with yachts.
The only place you can get to by private boat reasonably easily from Miami is the Bahamas. Otherwise you’re talking about a much larger boat, which you have to either lease/charter or buy. That is very expensive and involves third parties and maritime authorities who might get suspicious. Again, I don’t think these people have as much money as people seem to think they do. They have spent a lot on legal fees.

The only place you can get to by private boat reasonably easily from Miami is the Bahamas. Otherwise you’re talking about a much larger boat, which you have to either lease/charter or buy. That is very expensive and involves third parties and maritime authorities who might get suspicious. Again, I don’t think these people have as much money as people seem to think they do. They have spent a lot on legal fees.
Yes, they don’t have as much but Wendi knows people that do!.

See my post above, I’m not sure he has as much money as people think he does, especially after paying legal fees.
what's the max commissary spend in typical state prison?
IDK exactly but I think it's under $300 per month. ( $72K total for 20 years)

According to the jail call logs he's spent many hours on calls of a financial nature, putting money in trusts or assets in others' names? He's surely worth more than $1M even if he spent $1M on defense ( excl appeals) As I posted on the day he was convicted, it's the future extortion demands that he's got to worry about.

BTW re my post, couple of pages back on his child & babymomma, it's arguable that he's also putting both of them at risk because of extortion. ( The contents of his financial arrangements & conversations are now public)

Last edited:
Because foreign countries who find out you've illegally entered will put you on the next plane back to the US.

If you try to legally enter a foreign country, and you have not cleared US customs and immigration, they will refuse to allow you entry.

You have to clear customs and immigration before leaving the US, even by boat. The Harbourmaster, etc, will check that there is no warrant against you, before you are cleared.

JMO

Im not sure they have as much money as people think they have. Yes, they live in an expensive condo. But they have also presumably spent a lot on lawyers and neither Harvey nor Charlie has been working. Private jets cost a lot, waaaay more than the monthly expenses for two people to live in a condo, no matter how expensive. They may have paid in cash for the condo, when they had more money, and not have as much liquidity anymore, who knows. They may have paid for it with the proceeds from the sale of their house. But even a mortgage payment on an expensive condo is not nearly as much as a private flight to Dubai.

Just a rough guess that a private flight to Dubai might have costed approximately $100K. IMO, guaranteed they had that much if they had really wanted to go that route.

Also, if DA/HA were already in the jetway for their flight to Dubai, they would have cleared customs as no holds would have been on their passports. Still shocked they chose to fly commercial out of Miami.

CA call with Janice 11/7 .... Wow, babe this is going way too fast ... what do you mean you're not ever coming home!?!?

I'm sorry I just can't with these women of Charlie Adelson!!

eta: Why didn't the judge overturn this?? OMG ... LMAO

Last edited:
Considerable controversy on YT related to what Donna specifically says while editorializing on WA's text: Exactly her comment following WA declaring "...not involved in any way with Danny's death...". The aside from DA is either "didn't say she was" or "but she was"; or possibly something else entirely but it certainly ends with "she was".

One version makes the WA declaration, freestanding and exculpatory. The second is damning to WA in the extreme. The true crime YT channels have split on it; and I have not found a GJ courtroom scheduled that fits with indicting another family member.

I heard the keyword "say" and believe the first version is also consistent with another aside from DA a little later in the same conversation: WA indicates she is not responsible for how the prosecutor "used my statement" in CA's trial, to which DA delivers: "Again, I didn't say that". MOO

So did DA throw WA under the bus, or is it a non topic?

Comments?

Considerable controversy on YT related to what Donna specifically says while editorializing on WA's text: Exactly her comment following WA declaring "...not involved in any way with Danny's death...". The aside from DA is either "didn't say she was" or "but she was"; or possibly something else entirely but it certainly ends with "she was".

One version makes the WA declaration, freestanding and exculpatory. The second is damning to WA in the extreme. The true crime YT channels have split on it; and I have not found a GJ courtroom scheduled that fits with indicting another family member.

I heard the keyword "say" and believe the first version is also consistent with another aside from DA a little later in the same conversation: WA indicates she is not responsible for how the prosecutor "used my statement" in CA's trial, to which DA delivers: "Again, I didn't say that". MOO

Comments?
I hear 'Never said she was' - and who would know better the involvement of others than one of the ringleaders of the plot.

But I don't think WA is blameless or guiltless, she had to be the one to give the info of where DM was and when on the day of the killing (at a minimum).

From the things she says to her mother in the text it seems she makes it clear she is looking out for herself and no one else, she's gotten everything she wanted, Danny out of the way, living where she wants to with her boys, contact with her family as she wants it and not how they want it, and so far, a role only as a witness and not a defendant.

Things worked out pretty well for her and it seems she means to keep it that way, even if the whole rest of her family (minus her brother up north) is in prison.

Because foreign countries who find out you've illegally entered will put you on the next plane back to the US.

If you try to legally enter a foreign country, and you have not cleared US customs and immigration, they will refuse to allow you entry.

You have to clear customs and immigration before leaving the US, even by boat. The Harbourmaster, etc, will check that there is no warrant against you, before you are cleared.

JMO

Thanks, I was wondering about this. This would also have stopped DA from doing a hybrid plan for getting to Asia, such as first taking a short private flight to the Bahamas, and then flying commercial from there.

I hear 'Never said she was' - and who would know better the involvement of others than one of the ringleaders of the plot.

But I don't think WA is blameless or guiltless, she had to be the one to give the info of where DM was and when on the day of the killing (at a minimum).

From the things she says to her mother in the text it seems she makes it clear she is looking out for herself and no one else, she's gotten everything she wanted, Danny out of the way, living where she wants to with her boys, contact with her family as she wants it and not how they want it, and so far, a role only as a witness and not a defendant.

Things worked out pretty well for her and it seems she means to keep it that way, even if the whole rest of her family (minus her brother up north) is in prison.
I don't think things have been at all good for WA. Whatever she imagined her career would be, has been impossible, her name is notorious, she has to deal with whatever her kids reactions are or will be to this. It was bad enough her brother was found guilty, now her idiot mother is in prison too.

No, I wouldn't trade places with her.

ETA: IMO Dan wouldn't have married and had children with her, if she was just like her mother. IMO Dan liked smart women.

JMO

Last edited:

Comments?
Watch this video by an audio engineer analyzing the recording of this phrase. He is confident DA said "didn't say she was."

CA call with Janice 11/7 .... Wow, babe this is going way too fast ... what do you mean you're not ever coming home!?!?

I'm sorry I just can't with these women of Charlie Adelson!!

eta: Why didn't the judge overturn this?? OMG ... LMAO

On this same November 7 conversation:
  • CA asks Janice to throw away his sex toys so that his parents don't find them (DA was still free at this time).
  • Janice starts to freak out, almost crying ("this is moving way too fast") over uncertainty about the future of the house but two minute later she's laughing again.
  • Even with everything going on, Janice is thinking mainly of herself. Brings up the house again and says "I don't have a place to go".
  • CA mentions that HA had an aneurysm
  • Janice is laughing when she is rounding up the sex toys while CA gives instructions on where they are located in various parts of the house.
  • Janice had "the bar" ready for CA upon his acquittal.
  • CA was very positive on Sunday evening, and like has been reported a lot, he "gave away his canteen" thinking he was going home.
  • Janice seemed happy to adopt Bubbles the dog but again emphasized again that she had no place to go. Bubbles about to have his sixth birthday.
This only half of it but hopefully five weeks later Janice understands that her days at Whale Harbor are numbered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertlou