GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting at about 13:00, DA seems to be saying that she discussed with Rashbaum her plans to head to the airport and flee the country. I don't think DA was breaking any laws by planning to leave the country given that she hadn't been charged at that point, so I don't think Rashbaum can be accused of helping her commit a crime (which obviously lawyers can't do). But still a very bad look for him.
yeah, Dan R. was really skirting the edge with discussing plans for DA's gut-instinct-vacation, the one Charlie wishes he took.

Starting at about 13:00, DA seems to be saying that she discussed with Rashbaum her plans to head to the airport and flee the country. I don't think DA was breaking any laws by planning to leave the country given that she hadn't been charged at that point, so I don't think Rashbaum can be accused of helping her commit a crime (which obviously lawyers can't do). But still a very bad look for him.
I thought this, too. The state attorney said that they really were not going to arrest her, but they decided just in a very short time that day to do it. So technically, he’s not breaking any laws. But it’s very true that it is not a good look.

Does anyone have any idea why he wasn’t allowed visits or outside time in the jail? Am I correct that this is what he claimed? It certainly explains his ghostlike appearance.

I just heard CA confirm to DA on the jail calls that they couldn't have ever had in-person visitation while he was in the Leon County Jail because all visits since COVID have been limited to video visitation only. I also recall when Rasbaum confirmed CA was housed in protective custody in jail which he described as being housed in a single cell 23 hours a day and only allowed outside of his cell for 1 hour. I can't speak to CA specifically, but from other cases, the 1 hour outside the cell was not only for exercise in the yard but the only opportunity for an inmate to access the shower room.

So, like, if the jury had been smarter they would’ve voted differently? Is that what he’s saying? The fact that even “dumb” people found him guilty should give him pause, in my opinion.
CA's problem wasn't that the jury was too stupid. His problem was that the jury wasn't stupid enough.

That's DA's only chance, really. Find 12 people who are unable to draw an inference between what Sigfredo Garcia and Luis Rivera actually did and why they did it.

This! I’ve been swamped all day and it’s the first chance I’ve had to look at any of this. I was coming to post this to see what other people thought. I think they are playing 3-D chess. This was all part of a plan to try to let WendI have plausible deniability. They knew that Donna was going to be arrested at some point, so they decided to save WendI. WA will say that her family did this behind her back, she found out, and now she’s not speaking to them anymore. All that to me was performance art. I don’t believe it. The whole conversation.
Intelligent minds can certainly disagree, but i think DA and HA were unscripted and that they had no idea the call was still being recorded. WA is always scripted, so her text was just that. I think this is why the friend of Charlie's was not supposed to tell Charlie because Charlie in fact didn't know of the plans to flee to a non-extradition country and DA and HA did not know the call was still be recorded.

Last edited:
Stamplewie I think the part that was unscripted occurred when CA line dropped but DA kept talking about the plans to find a non extradition country. She probably thought the call disconnected at their end too, until HA found the phone. DA probably did not want any information conveyed to CA so it would not be picked up a call he made to CA which they knew was being recorded.

Intelligent minds can certainly disagree, but i think DA and HA were unscripted and that they had no idea the call was being recorded. WA is always scripted, so her text was just that. I think this is why the friend of Charlie's was not supposed to tell Charlie because Charlie in fact didn't know and DA and HA did not know the call was still be recorded.

In a jail call I just listened to with DA, HA, and CA participating, towards the end of the conversation, DA reminds CA that Rashbaum has some things he will share with CA since their phone calls are not recorded.

DA reminds CA not to talk to Rashbaum about "this" at the jail but only when he's on the phone with Rashbaum because their calls are not recorded. CA then tells DA that attorney client communication at the jail is also private and his conversations with Rashbaum at the Jail are not recorded.

DA seemed taken by surprise here but not HA who you can hear in the background.

Agree with others, very interesting calls released. From what I put together, which may or may not be accurate since I have no first hand knowledge, there was another women that was part of the conversation where the call dropped CA. Therefore they would be careful to say that WA was NOT involved because of this bystander. I think the conversation with CA and primarily his mom where he was saying he should have trusted his instinct - was a message to them to flee the country. He said this over and over. I think the message from Rashbaum, which DA was desperate to know was conveyed in secrecy ( would a remote call from the road be private?) was some code, that DR may not know was code, that they were fleeing the country. The following call was clearly very teary all around and was a goodbye call. Call us anytime, this is when I CA will be in my next location from a visit, but the emotions all around from them was take care of yourself, truly this may be our last call, I have lots to do to make sure my tasks are done. Really really busy. But knowing the calls were recorded was call anytime. Does this ring as a possibility to others who have listened?
Agree. Clearly he was repeating that over and over again saying he saw the freight train coming, he had a great gut instinct, and he got talked out of it. I absolutely agree that was a warning to them not to do the same and to get out now.

Agree. Clearly he was repeating that over and over again saying he saw the freight train coming, he had a great gut instinct, and he got talked out of it. I absolutely agree that was a warning to them not to do the same and to get out now.
Has anyone figured out who talked CA out of his gut-instinct-escape plan?

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out who talked CA out of his gut-instinct-escape plan?
After listening to the post conviction phone calls of CA and the family, I'd say the same party who according to CA gave him false hope that he could very well be acquitted (to the point CA gave away his food/commissary) because he believed he'd be going home.

In other words, probably his lawyer. Not favoring the consciousness of guilt look...:)

At last, the first three Dan Markel murderers get “sentenced to life” as release date. Sigfredo Garcia, Katherine Magbanua, and Charles Adelson, DMD, are “together” in Florida Department of Corrections, albeit at three different prisons. Look how pretty they are in the same gray scrub uniform! Have I had a magic wand, I would put all three of them in the same cell.

Attachments

• sigfredoKATIEcharlie.png
    sigfredoKATIEcharlie.png
    369.3 KB · Views: 81
At last, the first three Dan Markel murderers get “sentenced to life” as release date. Sigfredo Garcia, Katherine Magbanua, and Charles Adelson, DMD, are “together” in Florida Department of Corrections, albeit at three different prisons. Look how pretty they are in the same gray scrub uniform! Have I had a magic wand, I would put all three of them in the same cell.
If they were all together in a cell, SG and KM would have to gang up in CA, otherwise, he’d talk then to death. The A’s are the biggest would-be crime mastermind blabbermouths I’ve ever seen! Hey, let’s finish ourselves off with a hot mike recording, like the geniuses we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks