FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She keeps repeating that in order to take the immunity deal she would have to give up Charlie, which also means giving up Garcia the father of her children. But she just said in direct she didn’t take the deal because she thought she would get off! Smh. I believe she didn’t cooperate for the latter reason. She’s still not being very forthcoming IMO.

She keeps repeating that in order to take the immunity deal she would have to give up Charlie, which also means giving up Garcia the father of her children. But she just said in direct she didn’t take the deal because she thought she would get off! Smh. I believe she didn’t cooperate for the latter reason. She’s still not being very forthcoming IMO.
I think it’s both reasons. She didn’t want to give up SG AND she also thought she’d get off.

Fantastic cross! She tried to get Garcia to lie for her in her second trial! We know Kawass said he would come to court and say that Garcia planned the whole thing with Charlie.

This is not effective cross. She’s admitted she lied in previous trials. She didn’t want to get convicted of murder. What is he accomplishing? Is Charlie now arguing that she is the actual murderer and is lying and saying he is? So she can get a lesser sentence?

Is he just going to go through all of her testimony and point out that she was lying?

Did Sig lose his appeal? Why isn’t she worried about him anymore?
Yes, he lost his appeal. Even his appellate lawyer said the evidence against him was strong and his trial attorneys didn’t preserve some issues for appeal during his trial, but even if they did the case was still so strong against him.

I posted this earlier but I’ll share it again, the highlighted part of what his attorney says to him about the family being behind it all and him being “had” was really interesting to read IMO

Attachments

• 01BC6780-5FAD-4136-8000-95EB4CFD8DA8.jpeg
    01BC6780-5FAD-4136-8000-95EB4CFD8DA8.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 11
Rashbaum is trying to drive it home that she’s lying again to save her butt and to have a chance at a possible reduced sentence. I have no idea why she is now spilling the beans - but I’m sure she wants a chance to get out early - who wouldn’t?

This defense lawyer's overly aggressive style makes me tense/anxious which makes it hard for me to focus on what is actually being said. He's lucky I'm not a juror because he is failing for me.
Agree. I've tuned out of the substance. And his tone is the same and constant. No variety to keep your interest. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NonakaYori