FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to believe this theory, you have to believe Charlie thought Katie was not behind thr killing, she just found out her friends did it after the fact. But you also have to believe that Katie confessed to being behind murder, but is lying. But you also have to know that Katie was convicted, and there was enough evidence to convict Katie of being involved in the murder. My head hurts. Why is Katie even in jail, if his theory is true? Why was there so much evidence against her?

I know defense attorneys have to work with what they've got but... this Rashbaum should have worn waders today.
I still would love to know what the prep sessions were like. Who came up with all this? Did Rash sit down with all the evidence and try to fit it into what Charlie said happened? How does this work? Did Charlie come up with these answers himself?

Ahhhhh now it could be a “copycat extortion” because Charlie just told us he never talked about it, no one knew of it but yet there’s a copycat out there.

Oh gosh. Rashbaum should stop while it’s still ahead (way behind)

So…he thought it couldn’t be the same people behind his extortion, because they didn’t wear a disguise. But he also thought it could be the same people behind his extortion, because that’s why he called Katie. But the people who did his extortion didn’t wear a disguise.

Defense so convoluted. Not wasting my brain power trying to follow. Georgia deserves more pay.
JMO.
Listening to this nonsensical malarkey is giving me a rash on my baum!

Everyone is saying how brilliant Dan Rashbaum is but his theory makes zero sense! ZERO. How can he be up there without being completely embarrassed?

i think he is going to say that the first time he knew Katie was involved in setting up the murder was after her arrest or at her trial. Which, IMO, makes him look pretty stupid.

ETA: this defense preposterous. But also offensive, in that he is claiming he is the victim of Dan Markel’s murder. “What happened to me on June 18.”

I feel so bad for the Markels.

also, I believe they probably were hoping it was the police and not a scary blackmailer at that point, that part may be true. The might have thought the police had nothing on them.

He keeps going back on, he knew “1st extortion” he knew it was SG, vs maybe it’s a copycat……maybe it’s the police…..maybe it’s “T” maybe it’s “T-Oh-Tee-Oh” vs maybe it’s the hitmen Charlie hired (wait, we didn’t get to that one yet. Maybe on cross…. )

As bad as this is, I cannot imagine Rashbaum would’ve wanted him to EVER utter the words “copycat extortion” in front of this jury. Yikes….

He keeps going back on, he knew “1st extortion” he knew it was SG, vs maybe it’s a copycat……maybe it’s the police…..maybe it’s “T” maybe it’s “T-Oh-Tee-Oh” vs maybe it’s the hitmen Charlie hired (wait, we didn’t get to that one yet. Maybe on cross…. )

As bad as this is, I cannot imagine Rashbaum would’ve wanted him to EVER utter the words “copycat extortion” in front of this jury. Yikes….
Lawyers are not allowed to let someone lie on the stand if they know they are going to do that. Usually they don’t ask if their client is guilty.

I still would love to know what the prep sessions were like. Who came up with all this? Did Rash sit down with all the evidence and try to fit it into what Charlie said happened? How does this work? Did Charlie come up with these answers himself?

I'd guess all the prep sessions were "creative blends"

Why kill Dan? Why not just go to Charlie and threaten to kill him if he doesnt give them 300k in 48 hours?

Are they claiming it was 300k because they’re trying to tie it together with the amount the family was willing to pay for Dan to move? Why? Makes their job more difficult. Why not just say they asked for 100k?

This defense reminds me of a car salesman decades ago who claimed that leasing would save me money over buying. I said, sure go ahead and explain that to me. It was a lot of fast talk that made no sense to me. If I were a dullard I might have believed that he knew something I didn't know. But if you can't explain something clearly to me, I infer that you don't understand it yourself or you're lying.

This defense insults the jurors' intelligence. It's as solid as a vault with a screen door.

Have no fear. Even if one juror is sufficiently confused, the certainty of the other jurors will be persuasive.

I cannot wait for Charlie's cross examination tomorrow....all this nonsense will be over....his stories makes no sense at all.....for him not calling the police at the very beginning if he was really in a situation of extortion is ridiculous....all lies.....jail time coming soon for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces