FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure she was upset when Dan had texted her that he was going to pick up the kids at school at 3 to go swimming. She seemed to think the kids would be at school until she picked them up from school. If she knew about the hit, she was freaked that they could be in the line of fire... she said that Charlie calmed her down about the 3 pm swim pick up, but the freak out/calming down never made sense -- why would she be so upset about a swim?? Knowing about the hit would explain her upset. Anyway, if she knew about the hit she probably thought Charlie was being way too dismissive of her concerns, and went to Trescott to calm herself down and see first-hand that the kids were going to be safe, but she didn't tell Charlie. JMO.
Yes, seems from the jail calls that he didn’t know she was going to drive by. imo, they weren’t clear to LR and SG to call after they left the scene. ( to say it was “done”).
it makes no sense that they would wait until 12:30. I think KM was trying to get in touch with them. So the whole family must have been on edge of their seats, waiting for that call.

Last edited:
For sure she was upset when Dan had texted her that he was going to pick up the kids at school at 3 to go swimming. She seemed to think the kids would be at school until she picked them up from school. If she knew about the hit, she was freaked that they could be in the line of fire... she said that Charlie calmed her down about the 3 pm swim pick up, but the freak out/calming down never made sense -- why would she be so upset about a swim?? Knowing about the hit would explain her upset. Anyway, if she knew about the hit she probably thought Charlie was being way too dismissive of her concerns, and went to Trescott to calm herself down and see first-hand that the kids were going to be safe, but she didn't tell Charlie. JMO.
I don’t think so, bc if you remember, LR was very aware of Dan being with the kids during the June attempt.
So they would never follow him to the school to pickup the kids and do anything with the kids in the car (which is why the June attempt failed)
She just knew he would not have the opportunity to pickup the kids and perhaps in some way, it messed with her head.

Yes, seems from the jail calls that he didn’t know she was going to drive by. imo, they weren’t clear to LR and SG to call after they left the scene. ( to say it was “done”).
it makes no sense that they would wait until 12:30. I think KM was trying to get in touch with them. So the whole family must have been on edge of their seats, waiting for that call.
They waited to call because they kept their phones off from the time they were at the gym until 12:30 when they were safely out of the Tallahassee area, (presumably so their location couldn’t be determined during the exact time of the murder). The records show that as soon as they powered their phones back up Sig called. But Katie and Charlie might not have known they were going to do that.

I don’t think so, bc if you remember, LR was very aware of Dan being with the kids during the June attempt.
So they would never follow him to the school to pickup the kids and do anything with the kids in the car (which is why the June attempt failed)
She just knew he would not have the opportunity to pickup the kids and perhaps in some way, it messed with her head.
If he was suddenly going to pick up the kids, it would give them less time, theoretically, to complete the murder, and the need to get it done would have become more urgent, perhaps. We don’t know who knew what about the first attempt and why it was scrapped.

Also, as you say, if he was with the kids, the murder couldn’t get done. Possibly she didn’t want to have another scrapped attempt so she drove by just to reassure herself that it did happen.

If he was suddenly going to pick up the kids, it would give them less time, theoretically, to complete the murder, and the need to get it done would have become more urgent, perhaps. We don’t know who knew what about the first attempt and why it was scrapped.

Also, as you say, if he was with the kids, the murder couldn’t get done. Possibly she didn’t want to have another scrapped attempt so she drove by just to reassure herself that it did happen.
I’m pretty sure she knew the time would be 11:00 (the Jeffrey leaving town time).It could also be that she was using being upset about DM taking the swimming to explain the 18 min.conversation. Previously she said she was talking to him about whether to fix the unfixable TV or buy a new one,
Maybe she realized the TV fixing was ridiculous bc it couldn't be fixed so she moved onto the “I had to talk to Charlie bc I was upset about the pool”,which is equally ridiculous,
I don't think she cared at all about the pool pickup-more her excuse for the long call with Charlie.
Just my opinion. For whatever it’s worth. Lol

Luis Rivera, on the stand explained why the first attempt failed.he said Dan was in the car with the kids/was with the kids. Or perhaps it was when he was with Isom /Sanford. Regardless, he did mention it.
He said “i wasn’t going to kill a man with his kids” or something to that effect.
I’m almost certain that was at the first trial.

They waited to call because they kept their phones off from the time they were at the gym until 12:30 when they were safely out of the Tallahassee area, (presumably so their location couldn’t be determined during the exact time of the murder). The records show that as soon as they powered their phones back up Sig called. But Katie and Charlie might not have known they were going to do that.
Maybe. They all needed to know what happened. They had to be going crazy in their minds wondering what happened, especially by 12:00-12:30 ..so long after.
Not sure I agree about them wanting their phones off all that time.
They used their phones while they were there which put them in Tallahassee.
Even an hour and a half away implicated them.

We don't know what, if anything, Wendi knew about LR's thoughts about the kids. I still maintain that if WA knew about the hit, then she was probably upset that the kids could be in the line of fire with a 3 pm pick up by Dan. JMO.

I don’t see how her driving by and seeing trescott taped off (didn’t she see emergency vehicles? She never said. No one ever asked her. Only that she saw a police car. If she could see the house didn’t she see EMS, etc). But anyway how could that have been a relieving sight? Yes it shows something happened but she didn’t know exactly what and to whom. Remember she never checked to confirm the boys were at daycare. I would have been crazy with worry.

She seems so lacidasical (sp? lol) when she told Isom about her being notified the night before that dans house alarm had gone off. She basically said in so many words that….eh… wasn’t worried… just ignored it. I can see her doing that except not when he had the kids! No call saying hey are you guys ok? Your house alarm went off.

While I’m at it… In her Isom interview she tells him that when the tv repair guy was there WA tells Isom she turned the ringer on her phone off. Who does that when you’re not with your kids? That’s ridiculous to me.

MOO

But isn’t that a potential point. How could she see that scenario and not jump out of her car and say wha
I don’t see how her driving by and seeing trescott taped off (didn’t she see emergency vehicles? She never said. No one ever asked her. Only that she saw a police car. If she could see the house didn’t she see EMS, etc). But anyway how could that have been a relieving sight? Yes it shows something happened but she didn’t know exactly what and to whom. Remember she never checked to confirm the boys were at daycare. I would have been crazy with worry.

She seems so lacidasical (sp? lol) when she told Isom about her being notified the night before that dans house alarm had gone off. She basically said in so many words that….eh… wasn’t worried… just ignored it. I can see her doing that except not when he had the kids! No call saying hey are you guys ok? Your house alarm went off.

While I’m at it… In her Isom interview she tells him that when the tv repair guy was there WA tells Isom she turned the ringer on her phone off. Who does that when you’re not with your kids? That’s ridiculous to me.

MOO
t’s going on? On knock or call a neighbor and say why are all the cars here? Agree about turning the phone off. What time was that? Did she do any earlier drive by based on expected timing? How long was it off?

I was listening to Lawyer You Know’s live this morning and as usual he had a good perspective on Rashbaum grading Charlie’s testimony a 95%. Technically, Charlie did do well on the stand. I did not come away from his testimony on cross feeling like Georgia got the best of him. Partly it was because he was overconfident and partly Georgia is not a cross exam slayer like Sarah Dugan. I was praying that Dugan would do it! So it’s understandable that Rushbaum told Charlie he got an A for his testimony. He was calm and collected. The problem was his story - it was obviously just improbable. And that’s what wins cases for prosecutors in the end. Of course Charlie won’t admit that’s why he was convicted! JMO

I was listening to Lawyer You Know’s live this morning and as usual he had a good perspective on Rashbaum grading Charlie’s testimony a 95%. Technically, Charlie did do well on the stand. I did not come away from his testimony on cross feeling like Georgia got the best of him. Partly it was because he was overconfident and partly Georgia is not a cross exam slayer like Sarah Dugan. I was praying that Dugan would do it! So it’s understandable that Rushbaum told Charlie he got an A for his testimony. He was calm and collected. The problem was his story - it was obviously just improbable. And that’s what wins cases for prosecutors in the end. Of course Charlie won’t admit that’s why he was convicted! JMO
I agree, he seemed self-assured and composed. But yeah his responses to GC's questions were laughable. WA was terrible on the stand.

But isn’t that a potential point. How could she see that scenario and not jump out of her car and say wha

t’s going on? On knock or call a neighbor and say why are all the cars here? Agree about turning the phone off. What time was that? Did she do any earlier drive by based on expected timing? How long was it off?
Totally agree with your first point. What a devoted mother, not. To be more specific about the ringer (sorry) she says something to the effect that she didn’t hear Danny’s call (text) that morning because she often turns the ringer to her phone off. I’ll bet that another investigator, woman/mom or man/dad, might have said you do that why? What if the daycare or father of your kids needed to reach you asap? That just seems implausible to me.
Moo

We don't know what, if anything, Wendi knew about LR's thoughts about the kids. I still maintain that if WA knew about the hit, then she was probably upset that the kids could be in the line of fire with a 3 pm pick up by Dan.

We don't know what, if anything, Wendi knew about LR's thoughts about the kids. I still maintain that if WA knew about the hit, then she was probably upset that the kids could be in the line of fire with a 3 pm pick up by Dan. JMO.
Well, seems that Wendi would know why the first attempt didn’t happen, right?

Below is the reason the first attempt failed according to the State. I don't know what SG/LR told KM about the reason for the failure, and I don't know what KM passed along to CA about it. Does anyone know what KM told CA about it? TIA.

"Prosecutors say the June trip was cut short when a Miami rental car company found out Garcia and Rivera were in Tallahassee. The car was rented for local use only. Chief Assistant State Attorney Georgia Cappleman said the company pinged the GPS on the car and Rivera and Garcia immediately turned around and headed back to Miami."

Below is the reason the first attempt failed according to the State. I don't know what SG/LR told KM about the reason for the failure, and I don't know what KM passed along to CA about it. Does anyone know what KM told CA about it? TIA.

"Prosecutors say the June trip was cut short when a Miami rental car company found out Garcia and Rivera were in Tallahassee. The car was rented for local use only. Chief Assistant State Attorney Georgia Cappleman said the company pinged the GPS on the car and Rivera and Garcia immediately turned around and headed back to Miami."

I’m pretty sure they saw Dan with his kids in the car a day or two before they drove back.they were there a couple of days. I’m too tired right now to find his trial testimony about it.
It wasn’t what they told KM,it was what Luis testified to in court.I’ve watched his testimony at both trials several times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NarratrixofNightmares